Thread: 'Fresh Meat' LF advice on God selection

New Member Cupidhead MalevolentMirth's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

'Fresh Meat' LF advice on God selection

G'Afternoon all,

As the title suggests, I'm a rookie player, just hopping on the game within the last few days, as my girlfriend bought me an Xbox One S, Xbox Live Gold and several games for my birthday. As such, I'm looking for suggestions on God picks accordingly, and wanted to ask my fellow peers for input & respective suggestions, etc.

Thus far, I've played Ymir as support/guardian role for my team, and have done suprisingly well (although my stats aren't quite "up to par" atm LOL, as I find it quite hard to roll solo in pugs, paired up with randoms who simply don't want to communicate & cooperate, in working together in-game, etc.) in pairing up with a DPS, clearing adds, and setting up spikes/ganks. When the game FIRST came out several years back, I played with friends, and performed quite well on Anhur, but I've read he received a significant nerf, especially as his Ult. tends to drop-off/fade late game; is he still a viable toon, or is he obsolete and outclassed by the plethora of other God's?

I have close to enough currency to purchase a God, and I've also read that Erlang Shen, Jing Wei and Terra are very solid picks atm, ergo, what advice would you give me on respective routes to take & game modes to run as a solo queue?

Thanks all, much appreciated in advance, and I look forward to the communities feedback.

-Cheers

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Anhur is still a great hunte his only drawback is next to Ullr he does have one of the hardest combos to pull off as for his fall off the percent damage increse on his pillar helps compinsate only recommendation is to rent gods that you are looking to buy (even easier if there on free rotation) and to take them into a few matches.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    You should take gods to jungle practice to get a feel for their kits, that's how I tend to decide what I want next. Sun wukong, Hercules and chaac are all pretty good warriors if you want to be a brawler. I like chang'e as my mage, hun batz is one of my favorite assassins, and medusa is my favorite hunter.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Thing to remember is that in terms of preference its entirely subjective. There are gods, like Ullr, who are potentially very strong but require practice. Then theres the Zeus type, largely translated into 'hit shield press detonate'. Basically it all depends on how you play, and what you want to play. Theres the whole meta thing but this is, in relation to god picks, also subjective. Also pc and console players have differing views pertaining to meta so be careful of advice in that regard.

In all honesty the 5 starter gods you get will give you a decent flavour for the roles, being to this day strong picks. If you haven't got the god pack mess around with them to see which loosely fits your playstyle. From there you can garner a greater idea of what best suits you. Always remember all gods are unlocked in jungle practice, which is handy to test builds and new gods, and its worth getting a few games vs ai under your belt before going online properly, if for any other reason to figure out control basics and preferences.

Have fun and good luck
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,034
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Learn Thor, you're set for life. You like Thanatos? Fuck him learn Thor. I wish someone told me this before I learned the game on Thanatos.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Erlang Shen and Terra have been nerfed down a lot so you want to try those on a rental. Jing Wei I think is still a solid pick

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,810
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Anhur doesn't fall off late at all. He's a hunter. It's impossible for him to fall off.