Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suffering at the hand of F7 try hards

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I want to play a moba if i wanted to play a interactive wallpaper ill go play asuras wrath i rather get my face stomped for 20 minutes than sit in a 10 minute que for a 60% chance some mongrel would not even hit accept.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    I try to not surrender, but there are games where you have two feeding gluttons who are giving the enemy such an exp and gold lead you are simply at their mercy. That said, I've had enough awesome comebacks to know that even if you're losing on kills, as long as the levels and builds are around the same, you always have a chance.

Too often surrender gets popped cause some asshole gets pistol-whipped early and they have such a high opinion of their mediocre skills that they believe their team will not be able to drag their sorry carcass over the line. Its also incredible how often they happen to be Loki players, but thats a different tale.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    To be fair to the majority is to be unfair to the minority.

You always have a choice, you just need to be willing to accept the consequences.

If you see someone leave mid game because one of the people in the game is 0/15/5 that might be me.

If you see someone afk because someone(2), decided to throw the game because they wanted to kill a d/c from the beginning of the game that might be me.

Pressing the accept button to a game is merely complying, you owe them nothing and compliance can be taken and given, especially while in the act.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 03-07-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I'm a F7 player, and I think these two posts have the right idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    f7 try hards? lol
    you mean the ones that obviously don't care if they lose? those try hards? you mean the ones that aren't the little snowflakes sitting there pounding on surrender because things didn't go perfectly for them? those guys?

yeah... see I think the problem here is that you think they aren't surrendering because you think THEY think the game is winnable. No
    That isn't entirely the case. Maybe they just like to play the game and don't give a fuck if they can score a win? Maybe you can still learn something from being defeated?
    Oh no, much easier just to smash F6 every 10 minutes until the game sticks you with people that can carry you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    I mean if it gets to the point that you're "suffering" in a video game, maybe you should take a short break.

The surrender system in it's current state is fine as is. When you press play you're committing to a game that could last a variable duration with other players. It's unfortunate sometimes but the fact of the matter is that you're on this team with other players and you have to stick with it. If you want to surrender, your team as a whole (almost) needs to agree.

Misery is perspective. Many players want to surrender a close game that can be easily swayed. Making a change to cater to those that have these one off incidents of distress would upset the system as a whole.

How it is now is how it will be. (most likely)

Lots of players F6 AS SOON as things start to go downhill or for stupid reasons. Like if they missed a kill and then got killed. Or they believe they got ks'ed. Or someone accidentally took their damage/speed/atk speed buff. Or if they believe they're not getting enough help (when instead they were simply diving too deep). etc.

Maybe the game is winnable; maybe it's not. But who cares? If it's winnable it's even more absurd to F6. And if it's unwinnable, well just play it out and learn how to deal with a tough situation/tougher opponents and maybe you'll get better as a player. Maybe you can't win on the scoreboard, but you can still "win" by outplaying them or kill enemy players on occasion. If outplaying or taking out players that have a massive advantage/lead isn't winning, I don't know what is.

F7 players aren't tryhards. We don't purposely get into a losing situation so that we can "comeback." We just go with the flow and try to get the best result out of whatever the current situation is, whether it be good or bad. It's the F6ers that are the true tryhards.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Same opinion like this guy.
    Who care about lose?
    "you are wasting my time" ??? You waste your time playing video game. Its your decision, not your teammates.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree. Saying things will be worse because people can leave earlier is turning a blind eye to the current situation. Keeping everyone else in a match that's obviously not possible doesn't do anything for anyone. Not even the winning team. I've had matches where the opposite side has no hope of coming back whatsoever and get messages from those I stop killing saying "Welp, they're not letting us end this. Dance off?" only 5 minutes in. It encourages leaving as well. It encourages badmouthing. It makes this community more shit than it already is.

Toss out penalties for multiple surrenders within a small period of time if you have to but at some point, people just won't give a shit. I don't even touch Seige or Conquest these days. Sometimes I regret queuing Arena with the bullshit matchups, partied enemy teams and terrible compositions on my own. But I by no means F6 whenever the match is lively or when we're down by a couple of kills, objectives or tickets. I do when we have no phoenixes, 2 kills to their 20+ or down by 100+ tickets and people seem uninterested in continuing. It's only fair and I can get right back into it if I feel like.

-Merry, currently on a 12 loss streak.
    "There are a great deal of memorable chants, speeches, poems, lines and songs throughout our short time encompassing this planet. This, was not one of them." - Elfa 2006

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    If we are talking about ranked.Then be quiet and keep trying cause anything can happen.

Now if we are talking about casual we have a conversation to be had.I personally agree...a little that is.I think there needs to be no time for surrender.You don't need to be in a game for 10 minutes to know the game is gonna be over.4 assassins and 1 support mage?Yeah that game is over with.

But for those times were you have 2 people saying no.There needs to be a system of requirements in place to make it where you only need 3 out of 5.Then 2 out of 5.It also isn't a small requirement either.While the numbers will need adjusting a good example would be a certain amount of XP and gold difference between the teams.Everyone down by half a dozen levels and 20k gold?Yeah that game is clearly over no point in letting it continue.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 884
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Of course, 3 people to decide for 10 people... At that point, we will never play a full match anymore.
    I dunno how other players but Im bored when pubstomping enemies and Im frustrated being pubstomped by them. Its work for both sides.
    Also hyper comebacks doesnt exist.

Im for 3-2 system, definitely. Better have hope for balanced match than playing 30 minutes pointless match.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    im all for surrendering if only if the match is truly hopeless only then rest of the time? think what you want say what you want i dont care what i hate about surrendering system is the butthurt people in the game "one tower down? ok lets surrender" "enemy team got first blood? noob team f6"
    "someone stupidly decides to jumpt into 1v3 and dies - noob team no help f6 at 10 im going afk" and many more reason these types of butthurt people are the reason why i like 4 over 3 to accept surrender
    this is the reason why we rarely see full matches because people we have this surrender system ive seen people who would just start getting butthurt at starting 10 secs of match and keep asking for surrender play bad themselves and calls the team noob at the end of the match

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    I try to not surrender, but there are games where you have two feeding gluttons who are giving the enemy such an exp and gold lead you are simply at their mercy. That said, I've had enough awesome comebacks to know that even if you're losing on kills, as long as the levels and builds are around the same, you always have a chance.

Too often surrender gets popped cause some asshole gets pistol-whipped early and they have such a high opinion of their mediocre skills that they believe their team will not be able to drag their sorry carcass over the line. Its also incredible how often they happen to be Loki players, but thats a different tale.
    also this many times ive played games where enemy team had our towers and phoenix down and we could ony got their tower but we still won because comeback is a thing in this game it also depends on team cooperation sometimes it just takes time for your team to cooperate with each other but by the time you do you can do a comeback yes ive had those games surrendering is not always the best option

also to OP how are you suffering lmao? its a video game if you are suffering stop playing and go play some other games or just take a break go on a vaction cool your mind mate and chill