Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suffering at the hand of F7 try hards

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Suffering at the hand of F7 try hards

You know them. Your team is down 8k gold, you can't get a team fight together for various reasons, and you're done. You want the check, the fun is over, everything that comes afterwards is simply violent flailing in the store. You que up surrender, 3 people vote 'EEYUP!', but it's not enough. Over half the team wants to surrender, but that Thanatoaster is going 15/14, he's able to ult someone and die. He thinks he can carry this, and some tilted dude going 2/27 thinks that THIS! This is the time diving 5v1 will finally turn out in his favor. They have fed the enemy team and made them monsters. Surely it's the time to shine. The rest of the team is miserable and wants to be done, toss in the flag, get the hell out of dodge. But NOPE! majority vote still isn't enough. So, Someone drops, so it's now a 4v5. It's worse than before, so 2 of you vote to surrender. But hey, than is now 16/18, he needs to go even to keep his KDA up, and now, that 1v5 from the 3/57 will be an even better turn around. So, you have to stay in the match.

Why? Why do we need to have more than majority vote in 5 people, and why can't half be enough in a 4v5? Most of these are casual Matchmaking, so there isn't even ELO to lose. Why? Why must we suffer because a larger portion than is excusable of the Smite player base doesn't understand basic, core mechanics to the game, like objective securing, laning, and other such mechanics? It's miserable from any position you're playing to be stuck in this. As tank, you don't have the DPS to throw a fight in your favor if your mage/assassin/ADC can't land shit. As an assassin, having no frontline or frontline that doesn't init/peel well enough can mean you get exploded in seconds, same goes for adc/mage. So why? Does Smite want us to leave games? Do they want us to que dodge? Because the part of me that takes pride in not being a douche to everyone else on the team is starting to die a very violent and depressing death at the hands of matches like these.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Of course, 3 people to decide for 10 people... At that point, we will never play a full match anymore.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It's not for matches like those. It's for matches like one I played yesterday, where I was in a very close game of Conquest, both teams had three towers down IIRC, they had gotten an early lead in kills but we had taken the lead back, something like 29-22 up in kills, but levels were mostly even, not a game out of reach by any means, and the other team just surrendered. I almost wanted to message them and ask why. It was one of the least lopsided conquests I've played this season (I think like 2/50 games have actually reached a titan kill). And it's not unusual I see votes go out in close games. I don't think I'd get to finish a match if three votes could carry a surrender.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Of course, 3 people to decide for 10 people... At that point, we will never play a full match anymore.
    Yeah, thats one of the main problems people don't seem to understand: they entered the match, they're supposed to play it, because there are other people than them in it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DunnoWhatever View Post
    Yeah, thats one of the main problems people don't seem to understand: they entered the match, they're supposed to play it, because there are other people than them in it.
    Yes, there are other people in the match, and they are miserable. Why do we need to be in a match to the bitter end if it's going to leave us salty and bitter? Why? Why do I need to miserable for people who don't know the basics of the game and somehow still got into the same MMR? I'm not god's gift to smite, I barely put myself above a decent player, but I am a decent player. I understand laning, I understand zones of control, I understand counter building, etc etc. Why do I need to hope against hope that a retarded tank is actually going to init when I go DPS for 30 minutes? Why should I have to throw out all of my kit as a tank, save 2 people with my 'dying' breath because they're retarded, only to have them go back in and feed? Why do I need to be trapped with trash players to satisfy YOUR fucking sense of greed? for the last month, I have gotten 1 out of maych every 10 matches where my team resembles competent players, where as in every other match, you need to fucking spoon feed them every god damn kill, and physically shove them back inorder to get them out of super predictable cc chains.

If you want to stand between me and being able to get away from these no life sweaty try hards with no basic grasp on the most fundemental mechanics of the game, even with MR X with a fucking god, who can't do well WITH THAT FUCKING GOD, I say you are part of the problem. This isn't some fucking honorable duel to the death, it's a fucking video game and I want to play for fun. if you want to f7 and make over half your team miserable, fuck you. Fuck you and every fucking try hard f7 warrior out there, please get out of this game.

Achievements:
    Its called multiplayer, you play with other people, it doesn't matter who or what they are.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DunnoWhatever View Post
    Its called multiplayer, you play with other people, it doesn't matter who or what they are.
    Actually, a Multiplayer game is ENTIRELY dependent on who you play with. Way to not grasp the very core of a multiplayer game. Every ounce of the game is defined by who you play with and against. Your statement makes me think you are a 2/57 player who tries to 5v1 the entire match. Way to be part of the problem.

Also, it DOES matter who and what they are. It's called team comp. Way to miss twice in once swing.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Actually, a Multiplayer game is ENTIRELY dependent on who you play with
    You defined it yourself. They don't want to leave, the will not leave.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Both side has big faw: 4vs1 and games will never end.
    3vs2 and games will end at the minimal tip of the scale.
    The surrender system has no point of balance: by changing the system you may solve the current problem, but you will inevitably fall in another one of the same import.

I have been in both side , either in a game dragged for too long or too short because reasons.
    I had to deal with problematic teams, who were either too stubborn to give up, or too demoralized to even try.
    I have won games by forcing the other team to hit f6 after two failed attempts on our side, and withnessed the stoicity of who didn't want to surrender eventought we were stomping them.
    It's a delicate issue that has no attauble solution.

On an unrelated note: calm down your tones, it's useless to verbally assault who doesn't agree with you.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon