Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Morrigan kit is way out of balance

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points

The Morrigan kit is way out of balance

You gave her invisibilty skill + beyond unbalanced ultimate ?
    You just cant 1v1 her, she will almost always catch you off your guard because of that ultimate, no matter how you build. And if she finds herself in bad situation? NP, I'll just vanish away.

Ultimate base CD at rank 5: 80 seconds, with 40% CDR = 48 sec. Every 48sec she can change to any god on the battlefield. How is that not overpowered? Who the hell in Hi-Rez thought it would be a good idea to implant such an ultimate to any god?
    Last edited by Wefal; 03-07-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    There is nothing wrong with her besides bugs. If anything, she has way too many drawbacks to compensate the strenght she can have.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 722
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Ok, I don't actually disagree with you, but the 80 sec cooldown is at max rank. Admittedly I play on console so I'm still a patch behind, but I don't recall her ult getting buffed to be 80 secs at all ranks. If it was, then yeah, thats ridiculous.

By design Morrigan is the most op god in Smite. Her base kit is nothing extraordinary, but its by no means weak either. Ms boosting stealth, good clear that debuffs, aoe basics, hard cc that hits hard and can perfectly set up a polynomicon basic. Her ult just makes her very, very strong, pretty much to the point where she is probably impossible to balance. All you need to wreck house as Morrigan is a bit of mechanical skill and knowledge of the gods in Smite.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Junior Member Senior Minion GoddessSupreme's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    You gave her invisibilty skill + beyond unbalanced ultimate ?
    You just cant 1v1 her, she will almost always catch you off your guard because of that ultimate, no matter how you build. And if she finds herself in bad situation? NP, I'll just vanish away.

Base CD: 80 seconds, with 40% CDR = 48 sec. Every 48sec she can change to any god on the battlefield. How is that not overpowered? Who the hell in Hi-Rez thought it would be a good idea to implant such an ultimate to any god?
    *sigh* here we go again.

If you are going max CDR then you deserve for her ultimate to be badass (which, is usually more of a enemies instantly running away because they know you HAVE to ult in 10 seconds), because you lose out on a lot of dmg from not builting burst.

Also, your 48 seconds does not include her using the ult of whoever she ults into. If she uses their ult, that timer goes up by the difference. So if you build CDR and turn her into an ult-bot, then she loses her burst dmg and is not nearly as helpful MOST of the game and you can only HOPE that when you use your ult it changes the tide of the battle in your team's favor and not the other way around.

My experience as playing her way more than healthy? Her ult usually gets me killed more than it saves the day.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Ok, I don't actually disagree with you, but the 80 sec cooldown is at max rank. Admittedly I play on console so I'm still a patch behind, but I don't recall her ult getting buffed to be 80 secs at all ranks. If it was, then yeah, thats ridiculous.

By design Morrigan is the most op god in Smite. Her base kit is nothing extraordinary, but its by no means weak either. Ms boosting stealth, good clear that debuffs, aoe basics, hard cc that hits hard and can perfectly set up a polynomicon basic. Her ult just makes her very, very strong, pretty much to the point where she is probably impossible to balance. All you need to wreck house as Morrigan is a bit of mechanical skill and knowledge of the gods in Smite.
    Thanks for the correction. I edited my post to show 80sec at rank 5 (max).

Not to mention her passive: every 3rd basic attack will explode, dealing dmg to all enemies in radius of 10, dealing 9% of target max HP. Making even her basic attack dangerous.

I'm pretty familiar with almost all the gods, probelm is she catch you unguard, by the time it took you to realize with which god and his kit you're fighting, she already destroyed you/run away.

I have no idea how/if Hi-Rez will address Morrigan...

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessSupreme View Post
    *sigh* here we go again.

If you are going max CDR then you deserve for her ultimate to be badass (which, is usually more of a enemies instantly running away because they know you HAVE to ult in 10 seconds), because you lose out on a lot of dmg from not builting burst.

Also, your 48 seconds does not include her using the ult of whoever she ults into. If she uses their ult, that timer goes up by the difference. So if you build CDR and turn her into an ult-bot, then she loses her burst dmg and is not nearly as helpful MOST of the game and you can only HOPE that when you use your ult it changes the tide of the battle in your team's favor and not the other way around.

My experience as playing her way more than healthy? Her ult usually gets me killed more than it saves the day.
    I made this thread because I fought against someone who utilized her ultimate to the best, and that was slaughter. Fighting against 2 Anubis/ 2 Ao K was horrible, my team died like flies.

Yes I know, every god that you play right will be "op" to others, but dont tell me she isnt in top gods who are ridiculously stronger than others when played right.
    Last edited by Wefal; 03-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    The only thing they should adress on her are the bugs. She is not OP, she is flexible, but still predictable and beatable.

Senior Member Honoured RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Ultimate base CD at rank 5: 80 seconds, with 40% CDR = 48 sec. Every 48sec she can change to any god on the battlefield. How is that not overpowered? Who the hell in Hi-Rez thought it would be a good idea to implant such an ultimate to any god?
    Unless the person she turns into does not have CDR, in which case it goes up to whatever their ult is. I am sure that you can coordinate it so that it works out in your favor that way, but it requires more coordination that you will get in a typical ranked or casual game.

I concede that she is really strong in a custom where everyone is coordinating, but so is everyone when you are coordinated...
    Remember The Manticore

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Unless the person she turns into does not have CDR, in which case it goes up to whatever their ult is. I am sure that you can coordinate it so that it works out in your favor that way, but it requires more coordination that you will get in a typical ranked or casual game.

I concede that she is really strong in a custom where everyone is coordinating, but so is everyone when you are coordinated...
    So what of the enemy ultimate CD? You forget she has 5-9 other gods to transform (assuming the enemy team doesnt have Morrigan).

I'm not mad at all, but I think this kind of skill just ruin the game.

P.S.
    Running away from her doesnt always works. What if she turned into a god that excel at chasing down enemies?

Junior Member Senior Minion GoddessSupreme's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    So what of the enemy ultimate CD? You forget she has 5-9 other gods to transform (assuming the enemy team doesnt have Morrigan).

I'm not mad at all, but I think this kind of skill just ruin the game.

P.S.
    Running away from her doesnt always works. What if she turned into a god that excel at chasing down enemies?
    I'm not going to give you tactical advice in hypotheticals. But I will say that, like many gods, if she's used right she is VERY powerful with appropriate coordination. I'm not going to argue that. Combining her with an Ares, Scylla, Poseidon, Zeus, etc. would be very efficient. But there are so many factors that are already factored into already established ults that there's always counters. She doesn't break the game. I think she makes it slightly more chaotic, but, I repeat, I don't thinks he breaks the game. Embrace the confusion and chaos that she brings to a match. That's the point!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered
    Thanks for the correction. I edited my post to show 80sec at rank 5 (max).
    If you want to be technically correct, then 9 times out of 10, that 5th rank and 80s CD don't actually do anything.

Since, if you use the ultimate of the god you're transformed into, you get your ult CD increased to its CD. Since you pretty much ALWAYS want to ult when you've transformed, and most gods ults are 90 or 110 second CD's, you're stuck with that CD instead of your upgraded 80s (Meaning that last point is literally useless. Since the ult only gets upgraded with its CD, no other benefit)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!