You all know me by now, I'm a complainer but I complain because I love this game, I loved it on PC and I well for the most part love it on PS4, don't love the players but still love the game. And the whole time I've been playing on the PS4, my enjoyment of the game went from "I love this game" to "This game continues to verify my stance of not trusting people".
So without further ado, here we go.
1. Let us record/screenshot the profile section. I see no reason why this is blocked but it is, so this is a QoL change, not really that important but it would be nice.
2. Make ranked take more to get into. As it stands you have to be level 30 with 18 gods mastered to play Ranked CQ, even less masteries for Joust and Duel. So, what do I suggest should happen...
2a. Make it so that it requires 7 from each god type pool to get in. I've had many games where someone gets support and supports get banned and it so happens they no longer have any guardians. Most of these people don't realize that you can use most warriors as support, so instead they dodge the queue. With 7 gods from each pool, it adds to variety and makes sure you have hopefully enough to make it past the picks and bans if you are last pick.
2b. For ranked Conquest and ranked Joust. Make a minimum number of games completed required to play. As it stands someone could play arena, clash, assault, motd or even the forgotten Siege and never touch either of the modes. I think a bare 50 games would suffice for both some would say 100, but by 50 you at least have some knowledge of the mode and won't be completely clueless like someone who only plays arena then jumps into ranked.
2c. We need harsher punishments for ranked games. As it stands I'm not even sure if hi-rez reads the reports we make on players on console but if they do, very little if anything is done beyond taking away that all precious goodwill. If there is a "queue" of reports that you read through, make it so ranked ones are looked at first, they should hold a priority, and if someone feeds to let's say, 0-12, then they should be punished beyond getting what equates to a slap on the wrist of losing their goodwill. Maybe a temp ban of say 3 hours, it's not much but enough to warn the person don't do it again. If the behavior continues, the punishments ramp up similar to if you desert a game, eventually leading to a complete ban from ALL ranked modes until the end of the split. This would vastly improve quality of games very quickly I believe. Now on to something different.
3. The TP system is a absolute mess. You can win one game and get 8 TP, then lose one and lose 12. So your win was basically nullified, and if you continue to lose, well you better pray to RNGesus that the matchmaker pairs you with good people otherwise it's a downward spiral of divisions. So here are a few suggestions.
3a. Give a small bonus if someone does well on their team but still loses. So many times I've had it where I am the only one who seems to have a clue on my team, so we get crushed by I played my ass off and tried to carry 4 idiots. Have some system in place where it sees something like Team 1 lost but player A did good, so instead of losing 12 TP, you would only lose 10. Not that big of a change but enough to not make it feel hopeless when you get stuck in Elo hell.
3b. Alternatively get rid of the TP system and let us see our MMR, I mean in the about section of ranked we can see what MMR = what division so why not let us see our MMR instead of relying on a TP system that basically makes it so if you lose 3 times running it takes like 5 wins to undo those loses.
4. Fix the matchmaking in casuals. As it stands any 5 man party can queue and stomp on all randoms what I propose is this. The matchmaker priorities parties of your size first, so if you are in a 5 man, it looks for other 5 man parties. Then it lowers so, 5 man can't find a game, looks for 4 man. If it still can't find a game it drops one more size, so 5 man goes to 3 man. This would improve match quality while it make increase queue time, it would make it so those of us who solo or duo queue aren't at the mercy of the 5 man team.
5. We need better and more in depth tutorials. Tutorials right now go over basics. They don't go over warding, VGS, or hell even role calls. I've had so many adc/support people go to the solo lane it's not even funny, in ranked by the way. With these more indepth tutorials it would give new players a clue into some of the used lingo and more "advanced" strategies for conquest and will teach people how important the VGS/warding systems are.
6. Another QoL change, the god leaderboards, an explanation on how they work and maybe fix it so people who let's say get 7 wins and 1 loss, aren't up on the top of the leaderboard while people with more wins are stuck below.
That's basically all I can think of right now, so hopefully someone at hi-rez reads this or someone passes it to them since they seem all quiet on the console front, maybe just maybe we'll have a quality game again.