Thread: Big ol' list of suggestions for ps4 version QoL suggestions/save the game

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Big ol' list of suggestions for ps4 version QoL suggestions/save the game

You all know me by now, I'm a complainer but I complain because I love this game, I loved it on PC and I well for the most part love it on PS4, don't love the players but still love the game. And the whole time I've been playing on the PS4, my enjoyment of the game went from "I love this game" to "This game continues to verify my stance of not trusting people".

So without further ado, here we go.

1. Let us record/screenshot the profile section. I see no reason why this is blocked but it is, so this is a QoL change, not really that important but it would be nice.

2. Make ranked take more to get into. As it stands you have to be level 30 with 18 gods mastered to play Ranked CQ, even less masteries for Joust and Duel. So, what do I suggest should happen...

2a. Make it so that it requires 7 from each god type pool to get in. I've had many games where someone gets support and supports get banned and it so happens they no longer have any guardians. Most of these people don't realize that you can use most warriors as support, so instead they dodge the queue. With 7 gods from each pool, it adds to variety and makes sure you have hopefully enough to make it past the picks and bans if you are last pick.

2b. For ranked Conquest and ranked Joust. Make a minimum number of games completed required to play. As it stands someone could play arena, clash, assault, motd or even the forgotten Siege and never touch either of the modes. I think a bare 50 games would suffice for both some would say 100, but by 50 you at least have some knowledge of the mode and won't be completely clueless like someone who only plays arena then jumps into ranked.

2c. We need harsher punishments for ranked games. As it stands I'm not even sure if hi-rez reads the reports we make on players on console but if they do, very little if anything is done beyond taking away that all precious goodwill. If there is a "queue" of reports that you read through, make it so ranked ones are looked at first, they should hold a priority, and if someone feeds to let's say, 0-12, then they should be punished beyond getting what equates to a slap on the wrist of losing their goodwill. Maybe a temp ban of say 3 hours, it's not much but enough to warn the person don't do it again. If the behavior continues, the punishments ramp up similar to if you desert a game, eventually leading to a complete ban from ALL ranked modes until the end of the split. This would vastly improve quality of games very quickly I believe. Now on to something different.

3. The TP system is a absolute mess. You can win one game and get 8 TP, then lose one and lose 12. So your win was basically nullified, and if you continue to lose, well you better pray to RNGesus that the matchmaker pairs you with good people otherwise it's a downward spiral of divisions. So here are a few suggestions.

3a. Give a small bonus if someone does well on their team but still loses. So many times I've had it where I am the only one who seems to have a clue on my team, so we get crushed by I played my ass off and tried to carry 4 idiots. Have some system in place where it sees something like Team 1 lost but player A did good, so instead of losing 12 TP, you would only lose 10. Not that big of a change but enough to not make it feel hopeless when you get stuck in Elo hell.

3b. Alternatively get rid of the TP system and let us see our MMR, I mean in the about section of ranked we can see what MMR = what division so why not let us see our MMR instead of relying on a TP system that basically makes it so if you lose 3 times running it takes like 5 wins to undo those loses.

4. Fix the matchmaking in casuals. As it stands any 5 man party can queue and stomp on all randoms what I propose is this. The matchmaker priorities parties of your size first, so if you are in a 5 man, it looks for other 5 man parties. Then it lowers so, 5 man can't find a game, looks for 4 man. If it still can't find a game it drops one more size, so 5 man goes to 3 man. This would improve match quality while it make increase queue time, it would make it so those of us who solo or duo queue aren't at the mercy of the 5 man team.

5. We need better and more in depth tutorials. Tutorials right now go over basics. They don't go over warding, VGS, or hell even role calls. I've had so many adc/support people go to the solo lane it's not even funny, in ranked by the way. With these more indepth tutorials it would give new players a clue into some of the used lingo and more "advanced" strategies for conquest and will teach people how important the VGS/warding systems are.

6. Another QoL change, the god leaderboards, an explanation on how they work and maybe fix it so people who let's say get 7 wins and 1 loss, aren't up on the top of the leaderboard while people with more wins are stuck below.

That's basically all I can think of right now, so hopefully someone at hi-rez reads this or someone passes it to them since they seem all quiet on the console front, maybe just maybe we'll have a quality game again.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    As for ranked punishments, I don't see why someone should be punished for going 0-12. If they are feeding purposefully(run up to an opponent and just sit there jumping while they attack and kill him) then it deserves actual punishment, but if they are dying because they are just plain bad at the game then they don't. You can go 0-23-2 and not have died on purpose at all. Some people just aren't good. Should MM keep their tiers down, definitely, should they receive some type of warning or ban, no. Again as far as intentional feeding goes(or ymir trolls trapping teammates with walls and junk) they should receive punishment. However it needs to be extremely obvious feeders such as the type that run up to and jump or laugh while letting the enemy kill them, not simply bad players with a horrible k/d ratio.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    As for ranked punishments, I don't see why someone should be punished for going 0-12. If they are feeding purposefully(run up to an opponent and just sit there jumping while they attack and kill him) then it deserves actual punishment, but if they are dying because they are just plain bad at the game then they don't. You can go 0-23-2 and not have died on purpose at all. Some people just aren't good. Should MM keep their tiers down, definitely, should they receive some type of warning or ban, no. Again as far as intentional feeding goes(or ymir trolls trapping teammates with walls and junk) they should receive punishment. However it needs to be extremely obvious feeders such as the type that run up to and jump or laugh while letting the enemy kill them, not simply bad players with a horrible k/d ratio.
    I've met plenty of people who apparently think it's "acceptable" to tower dive with less than half health... repeatedly.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    That is just because they are bad, not intentional feeding. I have a friend who does the same thing all the time, and he dies a lot in the first 15 minutes. He also gets a decent amount of kills if he's lucky but still is dying the most in our games. He doesn't die on purpose though, he just really overestimates his abilities. He is usually telling me I'm too afraid and junk and to attack more but that's just how he is. Of course some people do run in to intentionally feed, but you can't always tell just on them making poor choices. And making poor choices shouldn't be punishable other than staying in lower tiers.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That is just because they are bad, not intentional feeding. I have a friend who does the same thing all the time, and he dies a lot in the first 15 minutes. He also gets a decent amount of kills if he's lucky but still is dying the most in our games. He doesn't die on purpose though, he just really overestimates his abilities. He is usually telling me I'm too afraid and junk and to attack more but that's just how he is. Of course some people do run in to intentionally feed, but you can't always tell just on them making poor choices. And making poor choices shouldn't be punishable other than staying in lower tiers.
    The thing is your friend gets kills, these are the types of people who get 1 or 2 kills and then get 10+ deaths. Start spamming VGS when they die and if they lose their tower they refuse to defend their tier 2 and either roam around feeding other lanes or sit in fountain or leave.

I find these types are far too common compared to your friend who "feeds" and gets kills. These people just feed.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    I said my friend gets kills if he's lucky. He always plays the same way, sometimes he gets a decent amount of kills and sometimes he just gets wrecked the whole game. I have experienced the type of players you are talking about as well, however usually those guys who end up just leaving aren't intentionally feeding. That's why they rage quit after they die, they aren't trying to die they just aren't very good. Sometimes there are the total trolls who try to ruin not only their own lane but everyone else's as well, feeding in other people's lanes so they get outleveled and all that but usually the ones you encounter are just bad at the game. They should still be punished for leaving since usually that just hurts the team(sometimes not sharing experience with them actually helps the team win) but not for their lack of skill.

Junior Member Senior Minion playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    I have no knowledge of the algorithms of ranking, but I know there must not be enough care taken place. I'm currently in Bronze II and I'm guessing my skill level belongs around the Silver rank. The problem is I play a lot of support, not only that but I play it like an assassin, waiting for the opportune time. Is there preferences in ranking due to your kill/death ratio? Or even assist ratio and all the other factors? There most likely is, though I'm thinking there's preference for higher ranking for the damage dealers. I also think more detailed algorithms or scoring methods would require more processing power, which is limited in the current consoles. Or maybe something closer to AI, that way. That requires more CPU, and that's something we don't have in the current consoles. But I don't know what goes on.

About the banning, you would need an algorithm for that and I'm sure there's already one in place. I believe how most reports work is that action is only taken when there's multiple people saying the same thing. You don't want to punish someone just because they're having a bad game or if they're getting frustrated. But you do want to punish consistent bad behavior, like exiting the game physically and not being disconnected because of your internet connection. I don't know if we can tell the difference between that yet. But I myself have gotten mad and raged in a game and started intentionally feeding, because of how people come down on you if make a mistake, and that just tends to happen over and over. But the thing is when it happens over and over, that's the difference.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    from what i've heard, Hi-Rez currently has no way to tell the difference between a player leaving a game willingly to say go play something else, or a player getting disconnected from the game due to "reasons". it basiclly registers the same way in their system, "a player left the game".

isn't what you suggested for casual MM what they have in ranked? i've heard ranked queues can get up to a minimum of like 45 min.

most of us casuals don't want to wait 45 min just to play a game, we can play a match (or several) in that same time period. also most of us have limited time to play, 45 min out of our play time just waiting is a hefty toll
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Minion playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    What I do know is that ranked, for Conquest, seems to go up to around the 10:00 mark and then immediately finds a match. I've heard that at somewhere along the line the matchmaking becomes broader, if it can't find a best match for players, then it opens it up to a broader range of, whatever you want to call it.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by playcat2 View Post
    What I do know is that ranked, for Conquest, seems to go up to around the 10:00 mark and then immediately finds a match. I've heard that at somewhere along the line the matchmaking becomes broader, if it can't find a best match for players, then it opens it up to a broader range of, whatever you want to call it.
    you'd be correct, the system has it set that after various time intervals...it will broaden its search. it starts with similarly skilled players and then goes on from there...but i've heard people talk about queue times in upwards past 30 min or so for ranked conquest.

to be fair, it may have been during the off season, or maybe it was a dead day/week (i.e. new games/dlc coming out), but still...30 min for a queue...thats easily 2-3 matches of arena in casual
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack