Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU guys build Osiris?

Junior Member Senior Minion Radiantkaiser's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How do YOU guys build Osiris?

Hey Guys! Im back again to consult the community since you all were super helpful and gave tons of insight with my AMC thread.

(The advice did wonders btw, he's rank X now)

This time my question is how to effectively build Osiris. I've been playing him off and on for a while, but have decided to really focus on him. I've looked around and tried various builds ive found on smite fire and like but always found something off about the builds. Unlike the other warrioirs i play (Chaac, Nike, Tyr) i dont stack as many def items on him because he then feels like he's not putting out enough damage (compared to those guys). Here is the final build i left off with last night:

Warriors tabi (still unsure if ninja tabi is better for him)
    BoV
    Quins
    Hastended Fatalis (debating if this is worth swapping for an item for more power. i do like the stick it provides though)

From this point, the next few items have swapped around in an effort to find what is the most effective. His passive gives him decent defense, but without a magical defense item, he obviously will get eaten by mages. The next few items are items i have tested with the above:

Bloodforge
    Heartseeker
    Void Shield or shifters shield
    Hydras
    Bulwark of Hope
    Hide of Urchin

I debated playing him glass cannon, but generally believe thats a fools quest for warriors. Then again, he has proven to be a little different from what i know, so maybe people play him that way?

Any and all help/ critiques will be greatly appreciated.

With or without replies, i will be testing some more as soon as i get home from work.
    "A man is at his weakest when he deems himself invincible"

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Ninja Tabi is ultimately better for him. BoV is a good buy, and Qin's has great synergy with his damage output. Fatalis is inferior to Frostbound, which gives him better defensive stats.

Hydra's and Bloodforge are a waste of time. You'll need pen instead for damage; either SCS or Executioner. Both, if you can forego more defense. BoH is a decent pickup for magical defense.

What I normally do is this:
    -Ninja
    -BoV
    -FB
    -SCS/Exe
    -Qin's
    -Discord

He needs a balance of defense and damage in order to be relevant.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,345
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Warrior Tabi is not a bad buy on him since his 1 and 2 has had their scalings buffed, but it depends on the situation: if you need more burst early game, go Warrior. If you can land more AAs and box more, then go Ninja.

Warrior/Ninja Tabi
    BoV/Witchblade/Nemean
    Frostbound
    Qins
    Mantle (if you didn't get BoV)/Urchin/SCS/Executioner
    Bulwark/Urchin/SoV or HW if guardian has also built it

I've never tried Osiris with more offense than defense, but Stone-Cutting Sword should be a nice power spike. Frostbound and Qin's are an absolute must on him because they're what makes him a threat. You can swap Frostbound out for Fatalis but I feel it's a bad trade because you lose some bulk and the pen isn't really what you'll need.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 03-05-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Member Worshipper LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Ninjas, FB, quins, hide of urchin, asi, void shield I need some lifesteal if i wanna box

Achievements:
    This is all very helpful, thanks guys!

I've reworked my god builder and will play through all of these suggestions in a bit.

I'm glad i asked because i was just about to take an entirely different approach for him to build pen and power. Executioners and ScS are much better for getting pen (plus the stats they give are all useful for him) He will be the first hero that i have actively used Frost Bound on though. I didn't realize it was a staple on him.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantkaiser View Post
    This is all very helpful, thanks guys!

I've reworked my god builder and will play through all of these suggestions in a bit.

I'm glad i asked because i was just about to take an entirely different approach for him to build pen and power. Executioners and ScS are much better for getting pen (plus the stats they give are all useful for him) He will be the first hero that i have actively used Frost Bound on though. I didn't realize it was a staple on him.
    Well, pretty much every warrior needs FB late-game so they can fall back on their basic attacks, as their abilities have a nasty tendency to fall off like a fat man falling off a cliff after tripping over his own shoelaces. Chaac's probably the best example of this, as his abilities do very little late-game, but he can fall back on his AA's and inherent defense.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    Ninjas, FB, quins, hide of urchin, asi, void shield I need some lifesteal if i wanna box
    I was thinking about a lifesteal build with him given his aspd and basic attack chain. If you built at least 2 lifesteal items on him is it feasible? I imagine it'd be at sacrifice of his defense items since shoes, FB, and quins are a must on him. That only leaves 3 items and he needs at least executioners or SCS for pen/power.

Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantkaiser View Post
    I was thinking about a lifesteal build with him given his aspd and basic attack chain. If you built at least 2 lifesteal items on him is it feasible? I imagine it'd be at sacrifice of his defense items since shoes, FB, and quins are a must on him. That only leaves 3 items and he needs at least executioners or SCS for pen/power.
    Soul Eater would've been a great item if it retained its post-S3 stats. Osiris doesn't need that much sustain because DT buffed gives him enough as is, and you're losing out on offense AND defense because of those horrible stats.

He doesn't need mana past laning phase, the CCR is questionable, and the lifesteal is arguably fine but he'll need enough attack speed to sustain quickly and for best results, off a wave or camp. Seriously, just ignore it.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 03-06-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Nobody had said anything about soul eater.... but yeah how it is now its pretty useless. S3 soul eater was awesome, now it isn't good on anyone.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Nobody had said anything about soul eater.... but yeah how it is now its pretty useless. S3 soul eater was awesome, now it isn't good on anyone.
    Yeah, I just wanted to point it out. Soul Eater was a great option on warriors in s3 and was popular so whenever I see someone mention lifesteal on a warrior, I think Soul Eater first.