Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Polynesian Pantheon with God Concepts

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma3 View Post
    If they add a tenth pantheon to the game, I'll be surprised.

But there is plenty to choose from. :-)

Thankyou for sharing this!! ^^

Personally I love the idea of a Polynesian pantheon over any others. I feel like stylistically it could easily work really well with smite, and would add something completely new and exciting to the current roster. It's funny because it's a pantheon i've never even really considered.

I'm glad you've made this thread, Ive had a lot of fun looking up all the different stories and lores behind the gods. I'm especially intrigued by that of Rohe. Might even feel inspired enough to write up a concept for her of my own (if im not too lazy lol)

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDiamondZone View Post
    Sorry if I came off as a bit argumentative before, I'll try to clarify what I meant.

1) I wasn't trying to say that no one had heard of the Mesopotamian pantheon, but was relatively unheard of when compared to the other pantheons in Smite or the Polynesian pantheon. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who hadn't heard of the Greek, Roman or Egyptian pantheons, the culture of Maya is pretty infamous for their human sacrifices, and the Hindu and Japanese pantheons are still practiced today. And the Celtic pantheon is pretty popular due to monsters from the pantheon (like the Banshee) showing in many video games and media, and due to the movies "Secret of the Kells", and "Song of the Sea", two movies based off Celtic mythology that have become popular in online circles. It is one of the oldest pantheons in the world, but that's all it has going for it, in my opinion.

2) I stated in my original post that the Mayan and Aztec pantheons were in a VERY similar situation to the Greek and Roman pantheon, but, in my opinion, that doesn't justify it's inclusion. If anything, I think it's my main reason for feeling that it shouldn't be. The Greek and Roman pantheons have a special relationship, which I have mixed feelings about. On one hand, it makes both pantheons a little more interesting, on the other hand, it makes both a little less unique. Replicating this relationship will take away what's special about it, having only negative consequences. And, though the cultures have separate underlying themes, in many other ways they are similar (Visually, culturally, etc.), though I suppose it depends on your personal opinion on how similar is too similar.

3) Now, If the Mesopotamian pantheon was added, I would be a bit confused, if Aztec was added, I would be a little peeved, If Slavic was added, I would welcome it. I would be maybe a little disappointed, but I would welcome it nonetheless. My problem with the Slavic pantheon is that in my opinion, it's fairly dull. It has it's perks, but in my opinion, it's not as extravagant as the other pantheons. That's what I meant by "not fitting the theme of Smite", I can see it has a huge possibility, but it just doesn't seem as ancient or awe-inspiring. This is, however, just my opinion, and I'm not completely opposed to the inclusion of the Slavic pantheon, though I do believe the Polynesian pantheon is more deserving.

I hope this maybe clarified my argument without sounding argumentative.
    No worries, man. Feel free to share what you feel about it. If anything, the inclusion of a new Pantheon will get me exhilarated, whether it be Polyneisan, Aztec, Mesopotamian or Slavic
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Anyone else planning to pitch in their ideas of Polynesian gods?
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead LennyFace787's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    Anyone else planning to pitch in their ideas of Polynesian gods?
    How about Kamohoalii, the god of shark and other sea creatures (Copy pasted the name). My idea would be that he's a warrior with a "submerged" mechanic similar to Rek'Sai in League of Legends. Whenever he's submerged, he has a decreased vision range but gains the ability to detect enemies who moves. The detection range would be larger then the normal vision range (and ignores terrain). Enemies detected are shown as sillohuettes to Kamohoalii only.

Another idea is that he could also have a sort of blood scent trail mechanic while submerged since sharks can smell blood. Whenever an enemy is below a health threshold, they leave a trail of blood that Kamohoalii can see.

Also I could've totally made a new God out of this but I'm too lazy :/
    The Unseen Cinnamon Bun is the Deadliest

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyFace787 View Post
    How about Kamohoalii, the god of shark and other sea creatures (Copy pasted the name). My idea would be that he's a warrior with a "submerged" mechanic similar to Rek'Sai in League of Legends. Whenever he's submerged, he has a decreased vision range but gains the ability to detect enemies who moves. The detection range would be larger then the normal vision range (and ignores terrain). Enemies detected are shown as sillohuettes to Kamohoalii only.

Another idea is that he could also have a sort of blood scent trail mechanic while submerged since sharks can smell blood. Whenever an enemy is below a health threshold, they leave a trail of blood that Kamohoalii can see.

Also I could've totally made a new God out of this but I'm too lazy :/
    Whenever you're ready. I'm currently outreaching with other concept makers to see if they want to add their Polynesian Gods to this roster.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

Achievements:
    Added KAMOHOALI'I, The God of Sharks by LennyFace787. Anyone else?
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sypherys's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    This is indeed a good idea. However some of the existing Smite pantheon needs to grow before adding a new one.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypherys View Post
    This is indeed a good idea. However some of the existing Smite pantheon needs to grow before adding a new one.
    Not saying that this Pantheon needs to be in game. Just compiling some Polynesian concepts out there. I don't wanna be hard pressed on the matter of creating this new pantheon for SMITE, but a little spread of information goes a long way, if you ask me.

BTW, ya'll enjoying Summer of Smite?
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

Achievements:
    Added PELE by Razrtongue. Anyone else?
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I might try and tackle Maui....

let me alter this by stating in my boredom, I already did Maui, pretty much finishing him save but his base stats.
    Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 08-23-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack