Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phantom and its uselessness

Member Follower hydrogeneration's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran

Phantom and its uselessness

Why can't I fuckign use this relic when my aegis is on. Odin uses his ult on me He immediatly jumps on me I aegis to counter his OP jump. I press Phantom and nothing..???..??? Eventually after aegis is down their whole team behind me has catched up with Odin and Im wrecked to death. Why can I use beads and aegis simultanously but not phantom and aegis. I noticed sprint has the same rule why in gods name does beads gets a pass? and all the other useless relics don't?
    Last edited by hydrogeneration; 03-03-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Well I know you can use beads while under crowd control such as stuns and silences. Aegis makes it so you can't attack, only move, so it is effectively silencing and disabling you which beads ignore. It would be nice if you could use all relics while under aegis though, having to use aegis 2nd just isn't always viable.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered
    To be honest, it kind of feels like they forgot that Phantom exists.

Given that it has a 900 year cooldown and its upgrade just gives it an excessively long duration.

Meanwhile, Aegis + Beads, the 2 best relics in the game have shorter CD's and their upgrades both further shorten their CD's. Because everyone loves playing against them /s
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    To be honest, it kind of feels like they forgot that Phantom exists.

Given that it has a 900 year cooldown and its upgrade just gives it an excessively long duration.

Meanwhile, Aegis + Beads, the 2 best relics in the game have shorter CD's and their upgrades both further shorten their CD's. Because everyone loves playing against them /s
    I will never understand the logic behing that decision with phantom. It is got pretty much exclusively to counter Odins cage. Given how frequently he can put that bastarding thing down you would think giving phantoms upgrade reduced cd would make sense. Well thats not how Hi-Rezs balance team works. 500 gold to be intangible for 10 seconds is not an upgrade in my eyes, its a waste of a damn relic.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    They don't know what to do with the damn thing. First it was an aggressive relic that gave you Fatalis effect, now it's some kind of knockup counter—all the while giving you the ghost effect.
    Poseidon is now rocking #sideboobs. But don't let this distract you from the fact that Chang'e is supposed to be stuck on the moon getting high on LSD with her rabbit friends.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

I may or may not redo the Morrigan thread because am too lazy. Sorrymasen.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    I will never understand the logic behing that decision with phantom. It is got pretty much exclusively to counter Odins cage. Given how frequently he can put that bastarding thing down you would think giving phantoms upgrade reduced cd would make sense. Well thats not how Hi-Rezs balance team works. 500 gold to be intangible for 10 seconds is not an upgrade in my eyes, its a waste of a damn relic.
    I mean, technically it also gives 40% CCR and immunity to knockups.

But really it has a god damn 180s CD. No-one in their right mind would pick it up and use it for the CCR. Then when you actually do want to use it (Odin Ring and Cabroken Walls) you're not going to be getting CC'd because YOU'RE ALREADY TRAPPED.

But yeah... 500g for an extra 5 second duration is so dumb. Like, if 5 seconds doesn't buy you enough time, you dun goofed. 10s is massive overkill.

Really, at this point, you're better off just spending 750g on the teleport ritual and just having a 0 CD GTFO button. Sure it's more costly overall to counter Rings and such. But at least you get 2 not god awful relics for the 99% of the game where you're not caught in Odin ult.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I mean, technically it also gives 40% CCR and immunity to knockups.

But really it has a god damn 180s CD. No-one in their right mind would pick it up and use it for the CCR. Then when you actually do want to use it (Odin Ring and Cabroken Walls) you're not going to be getting CC'd because YOU'RE ALREADY TRAPPED.

But yeah... 500g for an extra 5 second duration is so dumb. Like, if 5 seconds doesn't buy you enough time, you dun goofed. 10s is massive overkill.

Really, at this point, you're better off just spending 750g on the teleport ritual and just having a 0 CD GTFO button. Sure it's more costly overall to counter Rings and such. But at least you get 2 not god awful relics for the 99% of the game where you're not caught in Odin ult.
    Thats the thing about it though, it counters very specific things once every three minutes. You'd be better getting beads, stone of gaia and combat blink instead of phantom, it really has an incredibly confused identity that requires they enemy team to have a very specific comp to make it worth wasting a relic slot over.

They should either give it a shorter cd and remove the ccr knockup stuff, or if they persist with this ritual crap then make phantom a 500gold single use item and add a relic worth picking up.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    i never upgrade that relic the only use of that relic is getting out of odin's cage people build odin for cdr so they can throw more cages but the stupid upgrade allows you to pass through objects for 10 secs whats the friggin use? you use the item get out of cage takes 1-2 sec thats it no more use Atleast give it a 100 sec download for upgrade. i just save and use that 500 gold on completing my build

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    The day Gaia got that knockup buff is when Phantom lost any reason to be used whatsoever. CCR is useless as all hell especially when it's being tacked onto commonly used defense items, so there really is no point in having it stick around. I mean, if they want ghosting to be still available then it might as well be given to certain gods (like hitting an ally with Osiris 1 or 2 gives them the effect for 2s, etc).
    Poseidon is now rocking #sideboobs. But don't let this distract you from the fact that Chang'e is supposed to be stuck on the moon getting high on LSD with her rabbit friends.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

I may or may not redo the Morrigan thread because am too lazy. Sorrymasen.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor
    Add ghosting to Aegis or Beads upgrade, remove the item.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here
    Disclaimer:
    like any other guide, I am not a Hi-Rez employee and do not speak in name of the company