Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Bruiser Guardian?

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    This, pretty much. Don't forget Kumba, Ares, or Sobek though.

There was a thread on here not too long ago though showing the highest damage out of guardians.

EDIT:
    Here is the thread.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...g-est-guardian
    thanks for the post man i was trying to find this post but was unsuccesful so decided to make a a new post

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    There is nothing quite like enjoying the sight of belly bumping a god as khumba and seeing there health drop or to melt people with fafnirs dragon breath

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Actually, this is the right post, the most recently updated:

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...509#post726509

Here's every guardian's damage, considering a 400 power build (the number on the right is a non-ultimate rotation without landing basic attacks):

1. Fafnir: 5663 | 1288
    2. Ymir: 4088 | 1060
    3. Athena: 3574| 1440
    4. Hades: 3463 | 1193
    5. Kuzenbo: 3230 | 900
    6. Xing Tian: 3194| 1755
    7. Cabrakan: 2990 | 1930
    8. Sobek: 2890| 1290
    9. Ares: 2830 | 2004
    10. Terra: 2725 | 1830
    11. Kumbhakarna: 2620 | 1020
    12. Bacchus: 2502| 1139
    13. Geb: 2300 | 1170
    14. Sylvanus: 2245 | 750
    15. Khepri: 1365| 1200

Cabrakan is in 7th place, Kumbhakarna in 10th, Bacchus, 11th.

The top dogs all have mage-like damage in one place or the other. Fafnir has a self-buff, double rotation and full mage scaling in dragon form - nothing comes even close. Ymir has mage crits.

Cabrakan, despite being 7th, has 70% scaling per second, and you're sure to hold them for at least 2, so you get an ultimate scaling on a regular ability. Hades is supposedly a mage, but he comes in 4th place.

Athena is an interesting case. People don't see her as damaging because they forget about her passive. When you count all those Chronos-like basics, she has about as much scaling as Nox.

Notice, however, that having the best damage doesn't necessarily translate into being the best guardian for bruising. Just like mages: Anubis is the most damaging, but is he the best?

Again, Athena. As fun as it is to see a mage or an assassin go poof when you pull into the ring, she's a risky bet. She can't do much damage early - since she needs to level a zero-damage ability before anything. As a lot of her damage comes from scaling, it also means she'll take some items to start terrorizing squishies. Finally, she is ruined by any form of cc immunity. On the positive side, you level her as a bruiser just the same way you do as tank. So you don't lose anything but auras and some health by going bruiser. You still have a competent support.

On that subject, Cabra is famous for his damage, but he isn't considered very supportive, unlike Athena. He can attack, but can't save teammates very well. I'd say that's not 100% accurate. Tremors is a strong form of CC and the wall, if he really is on point with it, can save. Besides, killing people means they can't attack your teammates, right?

Kuzenbo is a hard choice too: every form of damage he does depends on certain conditions. If stars are right, he can possibly surpass Ymir (but not Fafnir, that guy is a literal monster). But you can see, his lowest non-ult combo is really mediocre, losing to Khepri.

Out of this list, Bacchus gets the rep as a bruiser because he can afford to go very light on defense items, from his passive + drinking. He also has a jump, his damage can't be prevented by CC immunity and you start leveling your damage stuff first. Despite doing 1000 less damage than Athena on a full rotation, those 2502 are more than enough to kill a squishy (even more if you buy Poly).

So, in my opinion, as one of the biggest guardian fans around here, who is the best?

In this case, yes, the most damaging is the best. I vote Fafnir. He has everything: crazy long jump, free defenses, outrageous damage and team ultility.

Fafnir has two weaknesses, though. The first is obvious, he's very ultimate dependent. You're playing, pun intended, with half a god when his ult is down. That limits your builds, because CDR is not optional. The second is that, unlike Athena, you'll level him in a different way when going for damage. You leave the buff for last - so he kinda loses his main team asset early game.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 03-05-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I carry the best with xing, always get consistent high dmg with him. His single target dmg thanks to his one is enough to actually get kills as well fairly consistently and the dot can actually kill people after the aegis runs out which is great, sometimes they aegis and run and you know they will die soon anyway. I'm not sure you can call that bruising though.

A damage cabra can really fall off if you fuck it upp and then he isn't worth much. Not saying cabra is bad there are great very annoying and supportive builds for him, just saying the high damage cabra is simply a bit unsafe.

Ymir can't escape and has unreliable ult. (though great team supporter)

Baccus has good dmg numbers but lacks single target damage unless he picks upp soul reaver and/or poly but that makes him more squish.

Fafnir can be a beast both as support and as damage. He is hardest to play though I think and relies heavily on the ult to get the most done. Though even out of ult a soul reaver, poly self buffed Fafnir does a ton of dmg. And he can get dual rotation on that shit, while being immune to dmg as he initiates and buff the whole team falling in after. I'd also vote Fafnir. Personally I don't like playing him but the dragon breath alone makes him a great bruiser.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 03-03-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    For me, I vote definitely vote for Xing Tian, Ymir, Khumba, then Sobek. When i play these guys i can kill most players (that arent other tanks) in the midst of their friends and still escape intact. I also like that most of these guys have some type of movement mechanic to help them escape.

I keep seeing Cabraken do Cabroken things but for the life of me i can't play him. He just feels like a big target. Im also surprised to see Fafnir on the top of this list. I always thought he was one of the weakest by far.

Lastly, Im sure Kuzembo is going to make top 5. At the moment he does a ton of damage and i often see him out-damage half the team in the end of game stats screen.
    "A man is at his weakest when he deems himself invincible"

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantkaiser View Post
    I'm also surprised to see Fafnir on the top of this list. I always thought he was one of the weakest by far.
    He's pretty much only single target, so his attacks hit like a truck to compensate. Especially in Dragon form when his skills get like 80-90% scaling.

I mean, technically, he has the highest potential damage output of any Guardian, due to his Coerce. 50% attack speed and 25% extra scaling on any target's AA's is pretty strong.

Like, if you had a very power and AA heavy comp like, Freya/Poseidon/Nemesis/Vamana and you hit them all with a Dragon form Coerce, you'd be providing pretty silly amounts of damage.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,158
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I play mostly clash these days and there it is fairly easy to get top damage or close to top damage over the course of the game playing any guardian that isn't called Sylvanus, Geb or Khepri (and even with those, you can make things happen if you are good and the stars align).

Sobek is a god who I feel like he could be dealing a lot of damage, yet he never does and somehow I never play him for no reason myself even though I actually really like him.

Terra has huge damage potencial in her 3 main abilities, but she lacks the big impact of having a damaging ultimate while her main combos are somewhat easy to predict and intercept, especially with bastards like Nox existing.

I am probably not going to make a lot of friends with this, but I personally don't have particulary strong feelings about Ymirs dash. No matter the build, Ymir is only of consequence once every 18 seconds to me, and not because of his damage, so I would suggest staying away from him.

That being said, with everyone else, you have fairly good chance of getting great damage numbers at the end of a game.

Some Guardians like Cabrakan or Fafnir work decently even when build as glass cannons, but overall, for all guardians, I much rather suggest building them for CDR, Pen and Defense.

All gods cap out at 48 Magical Protections except mages who cap out at 30. Build your pen according to the enemy team composition (have an eye out for the number of mages and gods that provide extra protections) and the Items build (personal magical protection or heartward amulet on the enemy frontliner).

Usually, 30 to 50 penetration will do you just fine, which you can reach in 2-3 Items.

For CDR, I usally dip into defensive items for that. Spirit Robe and Robe of Dischord are of course great items that work well in most situations. Spear of Desolation is also a precious choice because it also gives pen and the passive helps in combat situations, increasing your damage and influence even further.

Gem of Isolation is a good item that works nicely for many guardians and helps keeping enemies in check, making confirming damage for you and your allies simpler.

Aside from that, understand how your god works to maximize your damage input and influence.

Kuzenbo is arguably the most interesting and most recent example for this. A lot of his damage potencial is hidden in his 2 and proper usage of that can make or break your totaly scores in the end.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Kuzenbo. Seriously. This guy is so under valued at the moment. Mid to late game, I just run through the other team. In a typical joust match, I'm churning out over 20k damage easily and that's on relatively quick games. Often I have the highest damage on the team and that's not even trying to get max damage.

Get gem, void stone, and Mystic mail for damage. I usually run some CD and situational items in there also.

This God is such a blast to play!

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Kuzenbo. Seriously. This guy is so under valued at the moment. Mid to late game, I just run through the other team. In a typical joust match, I'm churning out over 20k damage easily and that's on relatively quick games. Often I have the highest damage on the team and that's not even trying to get max damage.

Get gem, void stone, and Mystic mail for damage. I usually run some CD and situational items in there also.

This God is such a blast to play!
    lol
    i was spectating my friend's match once there was kuzenbo in red team it was clash match he ended the match with 50k dmg lol