Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kali Ulting in spawn and getting a kill?

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372

Kali Ulting in spawn and getting a kill?

Hi,

As per title is this actually a thing? I only started playing Smite again recently, and in a game of Arena Kali killed me (Vulcan) on the battlefield, then as soon as i spawned she jumped into the spawn and out DPS'd the healing level of spawn and killed me again instantly. Is this a common thing? Are other characters able to do this or is Kali OP? Ive always been aware that if you run into spawn on low health and say Ymir uses glacial strike then it could catch you just as you run in and kill you. But a full health fresh respawn, no way should any character be able to enter the middle of your spawn area anyway, let alone be able to kill you there. This sort of thing WILL deter new players, and as a returning player has really reduced my interest in getting back into the game. I dont like the phrase but if intended then the Game is Broken.

Thoughts are welcome

Thanks

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It is possible, Kali is hyper-carry who have bad early game and very good late game. Nothing is broken with her.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you were behind on levels or in one of the MoTD on arena map where you start with max money it is possible.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Im curious to why you didnt cc gang bang her with your team?

Thanks for responses peeps. So it just a mechanic that can be abused then? I still don't like it though!! I think that being able to be killed in your own spawn at full health by an enemy is nonsense. We actually had a leaver so were fighting 4 v 5 and I was the only person in spawn at the time is why there was no team fight. We actually were doing ok as 4 v 5 in the match but me being dead for 20s then another 10-15 after being killed instantly after I respawn certainly helped us lose quicker! For new/returning players moments like this are real turn offs.

I have noticed a Kali in almost every game i have played since i picked up smite again, i generally prefer to play Tanks when i can - does she have a counter for late game?

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggot83 View Post
    Thanks for responses peeps. So it just a mechanic that can be abused then? I still don't like it though!! I think that being able to be killed in your own spawn at full health by an enemy is nonsense. We actually had a leaver so were fighting 4 v 5 and I was the only person in spawn at the time is why there was no team fight. We actually were doing ok as 4 v 5 in the match but me being dead for 20s then another 10-15 after being killed instantly after I respawn certainly helped us lose quicker! For new/returning players moments like this are real turn offs.

I have noticed a Kali in almost every game i have played since i picked up smite again, i generally prefer to play Tanks when i can - does she have a counter for late game?
    Cc is your only friend against Kali late game. Her ult, Destruction, or as I call it, "haha fuck you I'm unstoppable in my murder storm" is for a lot of people one of the most broken things in Smite. One of the others is Kalis regenerative capability from her passive, which is why you need cc and lots of it when she leaps in. People mistakingly try to run. Bad idea. Chain that cc and murder. If you're solo queuing, best hope for your teammates to have enough brain power to toast bread.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Yeah Solo queue im afraid. I play on PS4 and there is hardly ever anyone on voice chat so it makes getting the help when you need it tough (using the quick chat options aren't great for quick coordination!). Thanks for the advice

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggot83 View Post
    Thanks for responses peeps. So it just a mechanic that can be abused then?
    Technically yes.

In practice, only really abusable by Kali because of her ult making her unable to die. Since, being in the enemies fountain does a CRAPTON of damage to you.

You'll often see YOLO Thanatos executes on people in fountain and die like immediately after to the fountain damage.

Anyone else kind of struggles to deal damage fast enough to kill someone in fountain before they die (Outside of certain ults that can go through walls and such. But they need a significant level difference to reliably kill someone)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

In a galaxy far far away (Star Wars theme intensifies)
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Technically yes.

In practice, only really abusable by Kali because of her ult making her unable to die. Since, being in the enemies fountain does a CRAPTON of damage to you.

You'll often see YOLO Thanatos executes on people in fountain and die like immediately after to the fountain damage.

Anyone else kind of struggles to deal damage fast enough to kill someone in fountain before they die (Outside of certain ults that can go through walls and such. But they need a significant level difference to reliably kill someone)
    If you really want to abuse an ult, you stand in spawn on Arena as Awilix, wait for someone to get knocked into the air and then use your ult. Dragging them into your fountain instantly killing them pretty much. Its a free kill. I dont do it often but every once in a while after I spawn I get the chance to pull it off and it feels great for like the 3 second rush you get and you cant stop laughing XD
    Enzo: "My name is Enzo Amore, and I am a certified G and a bone fide stud. AND YOU CANT TEACH THAT!....... And this here, this is Big Cass, and he's seven foot tall. AND YOU CANT TEACH THAT!....... Ba-da-boom, realest guys in the room, HOW YOU DOIN!"

Big Cass: "Enemy team there is only ONE WORD to describe you, and im going to spell it out for you. S A W F T!!!! SSSSSSAAAAAAWWWWWFFFFFTTTTTT!"

It's not too bad I guess if it is rare occurrence and 1 or 2 hero's are only able to do it. I suppose it is more likely in arena than other modes also, but I still don't like it though! I've yet to play conquest since I started playing again, How does kali fair as a jungle, does she get a lot of play? I can see her dominating late game if she can level quick enough.