Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with Ares if everyone gets Beads?

New Member Minion RocktimusPryme's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

What do you do with Ares if everyone gets Beads?

So I mostly play Joust and select fill with casual games. I mix it up when its time to play a guardian, but Ares is fun to play so I pick him from time to time.

When you end up with 2 or more of the opposite team NOT getting Beads, its almost like cheating. Im not sure Ive ever lost a Joust game with Ares when the other team didnt counter your ult with Beads. But on the other hand the last two games I have selected him all 3 members of the opposite team selected Beads. At that point I almost feel useless aside from as a soak. It makes the game way harder especially since I play on console so his (X) chain spell is considerably harder to land than it is when I used to play on PC with a mouse.

So what do you do if the other team counters your ult? My strategy had been to load up with items that reduce CD. Try to burn the ult once and hope your in a situation where you can use it again before the beads cooldown. Doesnt work too well until late game.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Ares is more than an ult bot. Land your chains, sear their flesh, watch them burn.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,832
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    You chain them and burn them to death also build full CDR since you will be able ult twice and they can only use Beads once in that time
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    both of the 2 replies you can do quite a lot of dmg with shackles + searing flesh combo people are scared of ares cuz of that and the only thing to get away from combo is beads and if they use beads to prevent that combo that means you can ult them

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    You ult them.

On CD.

Beads CD is 160s/130s

No Escape CD is 100s (Base)

You should get a window to ult when beads are down, even if you don't build CDR (Protip: Build CDR on Ares)

Sure, you may feel useless the first cast of your ult when you burn their beads. But hopefully, your ult isn't the only CC on your team. Burning beads is a valuable tool, as it opens up other plays on the gods from your team.

I actually had an argument with someone in-game about that... They didn't help with a gank on Arachne because "They'd just use their ult and escape". The consequences of which were in the next engagement, not too long after that, Arachne escaped from a teamfight because her ult was off CD. They then won the game off that fight that could have been decided had we got that 5v4.

Burning peoples cooldowns are important. That downtime leaves people vulnerable (It's also why its preferable to use an ult to survive a gank before using a relic. Ults have shorter CD's so leave you vulnerable for much less time)

Also, practice landing Chains. If you're struggling with it you need to practice. Since, there's not a magical cure all to make you be able to just forgo part of a gods kit because it's harder on console and people counter your ult. Just gotta learn them chains so even when your ult is down you can still get some BBQ going.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    More specifically, if you're dealing with veteran players that can juke your chains, you have to counter by getting in their faces to land them. That means a few things in Joust: you have to be clearing the minion waves (so you don't get blocked in/take extra damage), you have to have teammates that will back you up, and you have to draw the other team away from their tower. If you have a teammate with a root or stun, like Neith, watch for it and take advantage.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Senior Member Honoured RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well, you forced them all to take beads and that is pretty awesome right there. Not letting them have sunder\meditate\shell\aegis has value.
    Aside from that, as mentioned, your CD for ult is better than beads. You can ult 2-3 times depending on CDR and the level of their beads.
    Also...your ult deals damage. I get a great feeling whenever I ult someone, see them burn beads, and then they die from the damage. Good times.
    Last edited by RandomToon; 03-01-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The same thing you do as Nox when everyone gets beads... be the spectator.

New Member Minion RocktimusPryme's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Okay so nothing I didnt know really. Capitalize on team mates stuns to land chains easier and then burn them. Which I already do. As well as loading up on CDR items so you have a bigger window to use it when beads are on cooldown.

Its still depressing though. You pick the guy and then your just begging the other team to be stupid. When they arent dumb it hurts.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Ares does not rely on his ult. Shackles and SF give him some of the highest damage potential of any guardian. Get power, get pen, get CDR, and you can 100-0 targets by landing one chain.