Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ranked sucks officially

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyCoco0125 View Post
    They won't even acknowledge our complaints, that is what sucksnthe most
    They don't directly acknowledge the X-Bone or pc complaints either, and they've been complaining louder and longer. Part of the reasoning would be complaining ranked sucks then people going on tangents about assault. I'll agree that they could be a bit quicker on following up on these issues, but Irish is right. How many reports do you think they get per day that are actually valid as opposed to people cathartically blowing off steam at someone who is just a bit shit or new with that god or just having a bad game?

The veracity of each report is subjective. You can't honestly expect every player you report to be banned, as their behaviour in one game is not necessarily reflective of them as a whole. I've been playing since beta on ps4, and bar the odd foray into X-Com 2 or select other games this is pretty much what I play, and during that period I have seen some utter garbage players fail in the most spectacular of fashions. But the standard has steadily improved, of that I have no doubt, yet I still watch with complete bemusement as teammates dive 1 v 5 as HouYi and expect to win, only to give out some vgs abuse because of course its everyone elses fault they died.

Fact is ranked does suck, for a plethora of reasons, one of which is matchmaking, one is idiots who can barely spell 'internet', but the main reason is the try hard fuck you I'm pro mentality that seems to permeate so many of the players there. If people really want ranked to improve then the best thing they can do is help their team through advice and help, not condescension and derision. One improves the experience for many, the other makes some person feel better about themselves.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    fact is ranked does suck, for a plethora of reasons, one of which is matchmaking, one is idiots who can barely spell 'internet', but the main reason is the try hard fuck you I'm pro mentality that seems to permeate so many of the players there. If people really want ranked to improve then the best thing they can do is help their team through advice and help, not condescension and derision. One improves the experience for many, the other makes some person feel better about themselves.
    This

You need to encourage good behaviour like guide some people instead of calling them out..but it sucks how everyone thinks they are over level 9000. I don't play ranked because it does suck.. But I guess if you want to be competitive in this game then ranked is the only option. Non rank sucks hard and 90% are lower levels that ult waves of minions instead of enemy gods.
    I like turtles

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'm not gonna lie, I've used my ult on minion waves plenty of times. Mostly with gods like Ra since its one of the only times I know I'll actually hit something with the ult and honestly I'd rather use it and have it be on cooldown while clearing the whole wave instead of not using it for over 6 minutes until I see an opportunity where I might actually hit someone and still usually miss. But then gods like Ra don't really need their ult to be useful in a fight so I don't see too much of a problem. Maybe I shouldn't pick gods that I can't aim well with but you know sometimes you just feel like it and other times you are playing assault and it forces you. Not saying I don't use their ult on players ever, if I see an opening I go for it, but nothing wrong with using it to clear a wave if you really don't think you are going to use it elsewhere.

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by commandoo View Post
    You need to encourage good behaviour like guide some people instead of calling them out
    Except when 90% of the time when you attempt to give advice you are ignored or met with the "I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING" person who then proceeds to die to a jungle camp and sit in fountain the rest of the game.

Face it, PS4 smite is a literal cesspool and probably always will be.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I've definitely had my share of frustration with teammates and match matching but overall I've had a positive experience as I'm still playing anyway. To those that are so miserable with the PS4 version on a daily basis I ask, why do you still play? Did any of you come from PC and prefer that version? Or is there any game mode that is enjoyable for you?

I'm not sure what more Hi-Rez can do to teach people to play or to make them follow the roles they call. All of the negativity from people that "can play" yet choose to troll and bad mouth beginners does nothing but continue the cycle. Anyone that was considering coming to these forums for help or to learn would only have to read a few posts like this to become disenchanted with the community anyway. Season 4 has been head ache in terms of the match making but I believe it will sort itself out in the long run. In addition to new players we have new items, there are vets that are struggling with changing tried and true builds. I'd imagine it's extremely overwhelming for the newer guys.
    KingKronosDC84 on PS4
    PS4 Clan : Cthulhu Crew/CTHC is the Tag
    Diamonds:Ah-Muzen Cab, Hou-Yi, Izanami, Skadi, Erlang Shen, Susano, Sol, Sylvanus, & Ah Puch

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Xros View Post
    Except when 90% of the time when you attempt to give advice you are ignored or met with the "I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING" person who then proceeds to die to a jungle camp and sit in fountain the rest of the game.

Face it, PS4 smite is a literal cesspool and probably always will be.
    I'll admit I've got a friend who doesn't like receiving advice, whenever I tell him not to do something because it'll get him killed(before he does it, just in case type of thing) he always does it anyway and then turns around when he dies and says he wasn't going to but since I just had to say something he can't let me boss him around. Thing is he plays extremely aggressively, and when I'm saying that it is because I am not going to back him up which he'll usually yell at me for when he ends up dying 1v2 or 1v3. I go ahead and try to back him up more mid game, but if I'm behind and my damage isn't at a reasonable level yet I don't want to go in with a squishy god and at best barely get out alive. So I do get it, some people react very negatively.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I'll admit I've got a friend who doesn't like receiving advice, whenever I tell him not to do something because it'll get him killed(before he does it, just in case type of thing) he always does it anyway and then turns around when he dies and says he wasn't going to but since I just had to say something he can't let me boss him around. Thing is he plays extremely aggressively, and when I'm saying that it is because I am not going to back him up which he'll usually yell at me for when he ends up dying 1v2 or 1v3. I go ahead and try to back him up more mid game, but if I'm behind and my damage isn't at a reasonable level yet I don't want to go in with a squishy god and at best barely get out alive. So I do get it, some people react very negatively.
    A lot of people that play on PS4 (although it's not exclusive to PS4, you'll find this on any version of the game) seem to have the same mindset as your friend. Overly aggressive playstyles, trying to 1v5 the enemy, not paying attention to where their team is etc. It can be VERY frustrating, but there's not much you can do to help them if they aren't willing to listen and learn.

Like Ronan pointed out, a lot of people think they're really "pro" and that they should be able to destroy any player they encounter etc, then when reality hits them and they get outplayed (or just provide an easy kill for the enemy team) they find any excuse for it. Anything to not accept responsibility for their own actions and try to put the blame on some other factor for them losing.

Playing against tryhards can make things easy for you though. The amount of times I've been playing as Herc and an overly aggressive enemy player keeps getting up in my/my team's face and I just push them into our tower and they die is ridiculously high. You'd think they'd learn from it but a lot of times they don't :P

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKronosDC84 View Post
    I've definitely had my share of frustration with teammates and match matching but overall I've had a positive experience as I'm still playing anyway. To those that are so miserable with the PS4 version on a daily basis I ask, why do you still play? Did any of you come from PC and prefer that version? Or is there any game mode that is enjoyable for you?

I'm not sure what more Hi-Rez can do to teach people to play or to make them follow the roles they call. All of the negativity from people that "can play" yet choose to troll and bad mouth beginners does nothing but continue the cycle. Anyone that was considering coming to these forums for help or to learn would only have to read a few posts like this to become disenchanted with the community anyway. Season 4 has been head ache in terms of the match making but I believe it will sort itself out in the long run. In addition to new players we have new items, there are vets that are struggling with changing tried and true builds. I'd imagine it's extremely overwhelming for the newer guys.
    I play because i enjoy the game just not the players. Yes I played on PC before and I am amazed at how the worst players on PC are better than most on PS4, it's kinda pathetic.

The problem is, we shouldn't be getting new players in ranked, that is where a HUGE problem lies. You can get to level 30 and all the god masteries from Arena let's say and NEVER touch Conquest. Then jump into conquest ranked with no issues, which should not even be allowed.

Trust me you can tell when someone is an arena main playing CQ, they typically have no idea what lane is what, they instalock without thinking of what the team needs, they'll refuse to play support at all, and they are the "one and done" types who die once then leave or just chill in the fountain spamming VGS.

Ranked's issues can be solved VERY EASILY by putting in a minimum match requirement before they can even queue.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    watch out, they'll just close this thread too. hi-rez just ignores problems and hopes it goes away, what a joke this company is. I wish I never invested time and money into it.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    watch out, they'll just close this thread too. hi-rez just ignores problems and hopes it goes away, what a joke this company is. I wish I never invested time and money into it.
    Is it wrong that I wish you would follow up on your insipid threats and leave? You are anathema to meaningful discussion and appear to be devoid of any input bar incessant complaining. You bought gems or the god pack or both. Woop de fuck, you are under no contractual obligation to perform the videogame equivalent of waterboarding to yourself, as that is what you insinuate with each post.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING