Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked sucks officially

Junior Member Minion ScrappyCoco0125's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Ranked sucks officially

I was so excited to play ranked this season, after waiting a whole season to learn the game, items and get a team I can roll with. I decided that ranked would be fun, and I couldn't wait to try it. Then all of a sudden, I hated ranked smite.

1) I went 8-2 in qualifying in joust to get to platinum 1, okay I can live with it. But so far, every match since then I've been playing against masters and grandmasters. That seems real fair HiRez, let's just feed ya to the wolves huh?

2) Ranked conquest is a joke. I'm 1-3, and it's not my play as far as I can tell. Yet I get teamed with people who are absolutely stink. I stick it out, don't get me wrong, but it's a joke. The queing is a joke too! How can I be qualifying and get a diamond 3/4 player?! Why is that even possible? WHY HAVE RANKS ID YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM FOR MATCHMAKING PURPOSES?!

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    The thing is, people will say "Maybe you should look at your own play".

Yeah ok, if I'm a jungle, which I normally am, I am ganking and helping lanes and stealing enemy camps and buffs for my team, and the only one on the team to actually have a positive K/D which doesn't mean much, then it isn't my play.

It's the fact I get matched with such geniuses, that go Ao solo and then start feeding and spamming "thanks" everytime they die. It wasn't me who picked Ao in solo, it wasn't me who decided he should go in on a Sol who is 3 levels up on him and he doesn't have his ult yet. It wasn't me who picked support, refused to buy any wards, call MIA or leave the duo lane while the enemy support is rotating.

No, the bottom line is, people are getting placed higher than they should be at the moment likely due to being carried in games, when I was qualifying I had BETTER QUALITY games than when I am actually in a division. Let that sink in.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I came back for the new season and it really has been bad the last couple of days. People who constantly feed then are toxic. People who afk in the fountain. Going solo que then being placed against a 5 man team who just gank from the very beginning. I love Moba's and I loved Smite. But it is getting really stupid. Why should I waste the limited time at night that I have, to play a game that is just going to irritate me?

Then there's the forums. Getting reported for sticking up for people with special needs. Then the people who are toxic on here, you report them...but nothing happens, because they have over 10k posts and are loved by the mods...ya. No thanks.

Smite has been out too long to think it will get better matchmaking.

As for the forums. There are a ton of groups on FB and reddit. They still have their toxic people but at least it is a little more fair for the new folks. That's the thing Hi-Rez. When you only cater to the veteran players, that's all you will have left. You will get no new players. You may, but they will leave with the quickness. Then the veteran players will get tired of waiting longer and longer for matches and they will eventually leave.
    Last edited by allmightymunky; 03-01-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Junior Member Minion AnalyticalBeast's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Omg rank sucks, i hate the hard reset. I went 9-2 as support guardian..our jungle 2-14..I got a triple kill and set up 3 quadra kills yet my teammates, other than one, couldn't manage over 7 kills or less than 8 deaths.

Achievements:
    Its not just the toxic player, but it seems like the entire PS4 community can only play a few types of players. If I don't pick first, I'm always stuck as solo, ALWAYS. My friend I play with always has to play support, and it's such crap. Out of 10 game I was solo for 8. It seems HiRez doesn't even attempt to fix the problem or acknowledge that their game has a problem. They just keep hiding behind new gods released all the time. I am going to qualify and then quit ranked. It's a shame their ignorance is leading to a great game being broken.

Last nigh, just an update, I had an Anubis mid lane who thought he was jungle 2.0 and left middle lane unattended. Half the team was under level 10 while I was solo lane at level 16 and did not give up my tower.

HiRez admit there is a problem and tell me how you plan on fixing any of these problems! Your systems is clearly flawed

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    The reset will fix itself over time... as for the players not knowing how to play different roles, that isn't up to HiRez to fix. That is up to the players to keep playing and gain experience. Besides, if the players are all around bad, then you shouldn't have any problem kicking their butts even with your own team mates being horrible right? If your opponents aren't playing according to what you view as the meta, and its messing up your own style, then adapt. Maybe they are just countering your meta playstyle(i know that most likely ain't it but there is more than 1 way to play the game) If your only problem is that your team mates aren't good try playing with friends or add players you encounter as friends. Give it a few months and hopefully matchmaking will get better, though you'll probably still have to climb out of the lower ranks once true higher ranks have been established.

Achievements:
    Playing with friends is what I do, but 2 people can't carry a team. I can hold my own lane, but that doesn't stop the "can't wait jungler" from feeding the other team.

It's not about bad players, it's the general matchmaking. I played with a Loki today who was 14 by the time the rest of the game was 20. If it wasn't for them not banning Brokules and Izanami I don't think my friend and I would have carried.

I'm okay with people not knowing, listening when I direct a lane and stuff. The problem is the Artemis who went solo lane with me and didn't go back for the first 15 minutes. Or the guys who nonstop feed the other team chasing a kill when we are too far behind and need to be conservative.

It's kinda crap to tell me to suck it up when I'm qualifying and the guy across the lane is a Diamond 3 and I have a team of golds.

Seems to be far little understanding of the game from players. Tougher restrictions maybe for ranked?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyCoco0125 View Post
    Playing with friends is what I do, but 2 people can't carry a team. I can hold my own lane, but that doesn't stop the "can't wait jungler" from feeding the other team.

It's not about bad players, it's the general matchmaking. I played with a Loki today who was 14 by the time the rest of the game was 20. If it wasn't for them not banning Brokules and Izanami I don't think my friend and I would have carried.

I'm okay with people not knowing, listening when I direct a lane and stuff. The problem is the Artemis who went solo lane with me and didn't go back for the first 15 minutes. Or the guys who nonstop feed the other team chasing a kill when we are too far behind and need to be conservative.

It's kinda crap to tell me to suck it up when I'm qualifying and the guy across the lane is a Diamond 3 and I have a team of golds.

Seems to be far little understanding of the game from players. Tougher restrictions maybe for ranked?
    I've noticed recently specifically Artemis players going to the wrong lane and ignoring the team requesting them to go to the duo lane with Support. I don't why but it's ALWAYS an Artemis player. I've also had games where I call Support, we have a Carry, then somone else calls Carry 2 after we've all locked in. They then go to the Duo lane so I end up having to rotate out and go to the Solo lane even though I'd called Support.

Then we get people that just don't call any role and lock in a God, so you've got to try and guess what they're intending to do. Usually these games don't end well and those insta lockers end up being the "You rock" "Thanks!" spammers when they end up making daft mistakes and dying.
    Last edited by Zevurn; 03-02-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Junior Member Senior Minion Sandpit77's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    I have avoided ranked so far this season. It sounds like it isn't any better than it seemed to be last season. I did placements, almost hit plat, then proceeded to lose 11 in a row and then consistently lose 2-3 to every 1 win.

Granted SOME of it was me here and there. I'm not the greatest at Smite, but I know how to play a MOBA, build my gods, play my lane, etc. I don't know if it's simply because it's on console, but the MM system is beyond horrid. I was hoping the reset would help but it doesn't sound like it has changed much unfortunately...
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    The reset will fix itself over time... as for the players not knowing how to play different roles, that isn't up to HiRez to fix. That is up to the players to keep playing and gain experience. Besides, if the players are all around bad, then you shouldn't have any problem kicking their butts even with your own team mates being horrible right? If your opponents aren't playing according to what you view as the meta, and its messing up your own style, then adapt. Maybe they are just countering your meta playstyle(i know that most likely ain't it but there is more than 1 way to play the game) If your only problem is that your team mates aren't good try playing with friends or add players you encounter as friends. Give it a few months and hopefully matchmaking will get better, though you'll probably still have to climb out of the lower ranks once true higher ranks have been established.
    Here is the problem, people who have friends who know what to do, are getting put into high ranks artificially and as long as they keep grouping with their good friend, they'll keep in ranks above where they belong.

Players are bad but with the matchmaking RNG, 9 times out of 10 you get the trash. Alot of this has to do with qualifiers being allowed to play with/against Gold players. But hi-rez likely won't change it.

Also, there is meta, and then there is taking stupid shit into lanes where it won't work and then blaming others for your issues. That is how it goes on PS4, RNG rules all and that's really all there is to it.

A few months? It's been like this since the game released on PS4, hell I think in some cases it's actually gotten worse. But yeah... it won't fix until Hi-rez limits qualifiers from playing with anything above Silver and starts actually banning people who continually feed and troll.