Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: *Urgent Announcement* EAC upcoming 4.3

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    they wont ban them they get money from them and it also increases their playerbase
    thats why they are trying so hard to convince people not to worry about EAC so that they wont lose players
    but seriously tho if they were already banning 300-600 hackers a day which is a frickin lot why would they need to add EAC now which doesnt even prevents speed hacking which is most reported to be in smite?
    A playerbase that has no fear of repercussions as a result of dickhead behavior can lead to a playerbase doing what they feel like. And as you say, Pon said they were banning 300-600 per day, and most people say they barely see speedhackers, so if their previous system worked that well it begs the question of why this is being implemented given the risk of alienation. Only thing I can think of is a cost saving exercise, which I think most would agree is a bad reason to change a system that worked.

As for the 'you signed EULA agreement crowd', yeah, we all did. With Hi-Rez. Not with some third party group that seems to border on the malware side of things. Regardless of Pon's assurances, there are more negative comments pertaining to EAC than positive, and I sincerly doubt all those negatives are butthurt hackers.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    why would they need to add EAC now which doesnt even prevents speed hacking
    PonPon said they haven't had EAC fully operated (if I understand correctly). Their idea was to run it first on PTS, see how it behaves, then have it on Live client, and start gathering information around suspecious behaviours in player's PCs which can clearly state "they are hacking" so they can isolate it over time.

Well, this is how I understand it.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 03-01-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    If only Hi-Rez put as much effort into ridding the game of griefers, feeders and afkers as they seem to be putting in convincing people that this EAC stuff is worth the hassle. Seems to me if they had a 'no bullshit tolerated' mantra from the start then it could be argued that Smite would have garnered a reputation as a game where no nonsense would be accepted, possibly dissuading the types who employ those methods. Instead we have this, which seems to just be indiscriminate in its application.
    This right here.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    A playerbase that has no fear of repercussions as a result of dickhead behavior can lead to a playerbase doing what they feel like. And as you say, Pon said they were banning 300-600 per day, and most people say they barely see speedhackers, so if their previous system worked that well it begs the question of why this is being implemented given the risk of alienation. Only thing I can think of is a cost saving exercise, which I think most would agree is a bad reason to change a system that worked.

As for the 'you signed EULA agreement crowd', yeah, we all did. With Hi-Rez. Not with some third party group that seems to border on the malware side of things. Regardless of Pon's assurances, there are more negative comments pertaining to EAC than positive, and I sincerly doubt all those negatives are butthurt hackers.
    im not a hacker you are not a hacker many others i know are giving negative feedbacks and they are not hackers so yeah not all hackers are getting butthurt at EAC
    now im starting to think what ponpon said that they were banning 300-600 hackers per day im thinking if thats even true or just a lie to convince us that there are that many hackers in the game and EAC is a good thing to have and if its true then we dont need EAC as they are already banning so many people keeping the game clean and we rarely report about someone hacking

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    ouch, you'd better uninstall it (not only it but anything that can be considered suspecious at some point be it for other games or for self-education) now. For god's sake.
    uninstalled it right after i saw your reply

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    im not a hacker you are not a hacker many others i know are giving negative feedbacks and they are not hackers so yeah not all hackers are getting butthurt at EAC
    now im starting to think what ponpon said that they were banning 300-600 hackers per day im thinking if thats even true or just a lie to convince us that there are that many hackers in the game and EAC is a good thing to have and if its true then we dont need EAC as they are already banning so many people keeping the game clean and we rarely report about someone hacking
    Thats exactly what I'm saying, add to that the general consensus of people from other games that use EAC and it seems to me to be something thats on a par with using dynamite to dig a hole for a small plant. I'm on ps4 btw, so I'm unaffected by this. I just have a knack for spotting bullshit and flawed reasoning, and I see it in truckloads here.

If what Pon says is true in relation to the ban numbers, then clearly their previous system worked, so why change it? Again, cost saving exercise seems the logical answer, but nobody agreed to let some third party group with barely literate programming to have access to system files or anything else. They want to catch hackers, good on them. They already were. Thats what really stinks about this for me.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Achievements:
    Thats exactly what I'm saying, add to that the general consensus of people from other games that use EAC and it seems to me to be something thats on a par with using dynamite to dig a hole for a small plant. I'm on ps4 btw, so I'm unaffected by this. I just have a knack for spotting bullshit and flawed reasoning, and I see it in truckloads here.

If what Pon says is true in relation to the ban numbers, then clearly their previous system worked, so why change it? Again, cost saving exercise seems the logical answer, but nobody agreed to let some third party group with barely literate programming to have access to system files or anything else. They want to catch hackers, good on them. They already were. Thats what really stinks about this for me.
    yeah opting for a cheat system many players hate and is known to be reported as malware is stupid
    people trying to defend hirez by saying we agreed to EULA we agreed to it on hirez not some 3rd party anti cheat system which is known to be a keylogger
    so you dont have EAC on ps4 huh good on ya mate!

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I'm doing some wishful thinking that maybe, if the results of bootleg anti-cheat aren't up to stuff (which they probably won't be) they might take it down and find some other alternative.

I haven't played since it's been put in simply out of fear of it detecting sensitive information.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    I'm doing some wishful thinking that maybe, if the results of bootleg anti-cheat aren't up to stuff (which they probably won't be) they might take it down and find some other alternative.

I haven't played since it's been put in simply out of fear of it detecting sensitive information.
    or blocking your pc because it found something suspicious which was not suspicious and now you have to buy a new pc

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantonium View Post
    there is more informations about EasyAntiCheat:

1. EasyAntiCheat is not compatible with any anti-cheat programs other than VAC, therefore you must not run EasyAntiCheat if you wish to play with any other anti-cheat at the same time. The user is fully responsible in case his/her game account or cdkey gets banned or refused by the game, EasyAntiCheat or any other anti-cheat.

(that means for me don't play 90% of any another games while you running//playing smite or you will be banned)

2. EasyAntiCheat finds game cheats by scanning games' memory, the system memory and verifying original game files on disk to ensure they have not been modified. Only games' folders and subfolders are verified to contain original game data. EasyAntiCheat may replace or remove permanently any modified or custom game files found in games' folders (and subfolders). The use of any custom models, textures, sprites or other modified game files may lead to permanent ban if they can be considered to give the player an unfair advantage over other players.

(thats mean for me that EAC company are able without my permission to read..modify and delete any file they don't like on my PC. and my Question is who is the Pc's owner here ? and how i'll get it if they are realy caring about only the game folders and not other stuff?)

3. EasyAntiCheat will take screenshots of your game screen and upload them on public servers, viewable to everyone, if the server provider wishes so. The author of this software and EasyAntiCheat takes no responsibility of screenshots captured outside the game screen. If any personal or harmful information is captured into a screenshot, the user is fully responsible of the happened incident and any consequences it may result in. In case this happens to you, please inform your server provider to remove unwanted screenshots from the server.

(great. Be not surprised if you see in some how a screenshot of your Private emails or your online Banking webpage is captured and uploaded on EAC server)

4. EasyAntiCheat will scan system registry to detect forbidden modifications, settings or other features enabled to the game or graphic card drivers.
    ( more Privacy RIP they know now what a single software i have ever installed on my again fking PC )
    This pretty much sums up the exact reasons why I wont be reinstalling smite unless they remove EAC. I never asked for this intrusive software to be installed on my computer and I will never condone such software being installed on my computer. As to the point being made about the screenshot feature of EAC being disabled on smite, so what if it is disable and honestly will they even provide proof that it is, probably not and even if they do what is to prevent them from enabling it at a future time?