Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: *Urgent Announcement* EAC upcoming 4.3

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    I mean I closed any HiRez game and it still has a HiPatchService working around even when none of any HiRez games are opened.

Isn't that what you called "monitoring"?
    When the monitoring is a keylogger that bans you for drivers like mouse and keyboard that's where you draw the line.

Telling the consumers to take it as is without having the right to complain because of the EULA makes you a puppet. EULA punishes you for actions committed and if it silences my right as the customer to complain then I will no longer support such a product and step down as a moderator because I cannot consent to such a program.

We are the consumers, I a moderator is a consumer and I'm not blind to follow such systems as shady as the EAC.

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    So it's fine getting banned for weeks because of CEA finding my mouse as a hacking software? Good that CTF has just been released today and wanted to get that bundle with the Nike skin in it.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Let's imagine someone got banned by accident with this EAC system. Whom are you going to message? HiRez, right? The account system in Smite and other HiRez games are all owned by HiRez. HiRez has the right to review it and they find it being a ban by an accident, they can review and message EAC to remove a ban from this/that person (or unban manually) while making additional tweaks for the EAC system with that unfortunate ban information.

It may take time, it's not like "add it now and it would work 100% perfect", you actually don't find any system being perfect, even VAC does mistakes or doesn't work when needed. Why isn't this the case?
    All EAC bans are permanent - EasyAntiCheat has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift EAC bans on request. If a round of EAC bans is determined to have been issued incorrectly, they will be automatically reversed by our servers. Creating a Support ticket will not cause your ban to be removed.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    I am not touching the smite icon starting tomorrow up untill eac is removed, period.

Rather reinstall LoL or maybe try out paragon if I can run that on my pc, then have this aids installed on my computer.

Like, IT DOESN'T EVEN STOP SPEEDHACKING, which is the main hack being used in smite (which I have never even seen happen myself, it's that uncommon).

And ontop of that, someone on reddit even posted a solution to this https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...s_perspective/

And hirez is still like "Nope, I can't hear you, lalalalala"

Or maybe, hey, I dunno, USE STEAMS VAC THEN?
    I have 0 problems should smite go steam exclusive on pc and using the VAC system, since it'll automatically prevent hackers who got caught in other games to even try and get into smite in the first place.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    So it's fine getting banned for weeks because of CEA finding my mouse as a hacking software? Good that CTF has just been released today and wanted to get that bundle with the Nike skin in it.
    Ponpon Himself that you won't be banned for having an unregistered driver. However the game won't start , wich is basically the same thing.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    Ponpon Himself that you won't be banned for having an unregistered driver. However the game won't start , wich is basically the same thing.
    Well excuse me for needing to use a third party mouse for my laptop.

Whatever, I guess I will have to avoid Smite like the plaguefor now
    Last edited by zitagirl; 02-28-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    And I actually appreciate that -rep into my box with "Troll alert" message on top of that.

When people cry about something, it's alright, but when someone expresses other point of view on the exactly same problem, that's a taboo?

Alright.

If EAC is so bad and such a "publishing personal information tool" and "keylogger", why isn't it legally forbidden? I mean, if it scans you truely, why is that company running EAC still legally allowed to exist?

This makes no sense.
    Because it's a cheaper alternative to VAC.

VAC had years to perfect their program and it still adapting to new drivers. EAC again is a KEYLOGGER which already infringes on your private personal computer which deems drivers in your system already a threat and the developers figure this out to be legal (which it isn't since it's already illegal searching and seizure plus trespassing without knowledge) and left it as is.

Blizzard doesn't have this problem. Why should a keylogger violating our systems okay for you?'

Just accepting it is like how watching a kid getting his stuff stolen out of the locker from another kid because it's the school's property and everyone agreed to the rules.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Read game EULA again. You actually agreed to it
    That in no way shape or form means this is good idea. How the hell do you justify a blanket program that is intended to catch people hacking but can't differentiate between hacks and harmless software? Its like cutting your hand off because one finger is suffering frostbite.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Because it's a cheaper alternative to VAC.

VAC had years to perfect their program and it still adapting to new drivers. EAC again is a KEYLOGGER which already infringes on your private personal computer which deems drivers in your system already a threat and the developers figure this out to be legal (which it isn't since it's already illegal searching and seizure plus trespassing without knowledge) and left it as is.

Blizzard doesn't have this problem. Why should a keylogger violating our systems okay for you?'

Just accepting it is like how watching a kid getting his stuff stolen out of the locker from another kid because it's the school's property and everyone agreed to the rules.
    Coming form a steam user, It's a known fact that VAC has tons of flaws as well, and it's extremply easy to bypass and fool to false positives report.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Its like cutting your hand off because one finger is suffering frostbite.
    Perfectly explains EAC
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*