Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: *Urgent Announcement* EAC upcoming 4.3

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular

*Urgent Announcement* EAC upcoming 4.3

As everyone is aware Hi-Rez Studios is adopting an EAC which is notoriously known as a keylogger in retrospects to detecting hackers using unregistered drivers, but even during testing, speed hackers were apparent during some matches. EAC itself is faulty program which people have voiced against.

Pon has tweeted they'll fix the issues that come with the program. I will not take the risk and get banned because I use save editors for single player games.

As a community we need to voice our concerns and give our feedback to the EAC.

Hirez addressing the concerns, found here
    Last edited by Azilo; 02-28-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    After playing nearly 3 years Smite i wont be able play it anymore in 4.3 patch becuz this new system EAC actually do more harm than helping like there are people who use unsigned drivers for their razor mouses and headsets and what not but if you want to play Smite they have to disable those drivers but if they gonna do it how they are gonna play Smite without a mouse so idk this is too stupid and i also have 108 unsigned files so there is no way i can play Smite anymore and i am sure a lot of people wont be able to play Smite anymore aswell so i just feel like Hirez said "fuck you" and thats it lol
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 02-28-2017 at 04:31 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this sounds like a terrible idea. As a ps4 player I'll be unaffected, however any system that can't differentiate between an attempt to alter code from, say third party capture software, is not worth implementing even on a trial basis.

Lets use a real life analogy. Its like voter fraud. Like voter fraud, hackers are something that are anathema to people. The idea of manipulation for personal gain pains most people, and in all truth the book should be thrown at these people when found out. Statistically however it is a very low threshold. So while the concept is abhorrent, the response has to be both measured and proportional, otherwise you risk both alienation and disenfranchising people.

Blanket generalization rarely works, so this principle has to be factored into the response mechanism. Maybe instead of software that could prevent people from playing because its not intelligently programmed to differentiate between third party software, the actual reports of hacking get looked at by a dedicated team of people. Look at YouTube and its mechanism. It rarely works. Videos get flagged for utter nonsense and a person has to come along to make a reasoned decision.

These flagging programmes are tools. One tool rarely fixes all things, unless its a hammer and you're objective is simply to break something then sift though the detritus to see what went wrong. Obvious problem with this approach is not only is the thing broken, but now you have to rebuild. And to do so thinking all those broken pieces fit back together again is to be blind to the ignominiousness of the approach from the offset.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vantonium's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post

As a community we need to voice our concerns and give our feedback to the EAC.
    we dont need that stuff at all.. i do care about my personal data more than about some fkin ingame cheaters. and wait,, there is no 100% guarantee that EAC will catch every Hacker right? so Hi-rez please you destroy your Customer confidence for useless stuff like that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    i also have 108 unsigned files so there is no way i can play Smite anymore
    what smite Hack are you using? i can help you

stop im just Kidding

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    You, as community member, and Smite player, agreed to follow Smite EULA.

https://www.hirezstudios.com/wp-cont...-agreement.pdf

Quote for you personally:

Now, stop crying. Or if you wanna cry, start from here. You agreed that HiRez may monitor you, may detect those 3rd party softwares (unregistered drivers included). Noone was against that. Now they make EAC and suddenly everyone is against it? Are you serious?
    Yes I did consent to the EULA, but to be rude about a pressing issue is disrespectful to those including myself that have the right to voice our cocerns.

If you have nothing constructive to say then be silent instead of crying yourself about how other people think.

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Wait what? So I can get banned now just because my keyboard and mouse using a "unsigned software" and may have unsigned files?

Great way to reduce the community.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Now they make EAC and suddenly everyone is against it? Are you serious?
    Yes becuz i am not able to play Smite anymore becuz of this and this programm will actually do more harm than good so yes i am gonna complain about it
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vantonium's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    You, as community member, and Smite player, agreed to follow Smite EULA.
    Now, stop crying. Or if you wanna cry, start from here. You agreed that HiRez may monitor you, may detect those 3rd party softwares (unregistered drivers included). Noone was against that. Now they make EAC and suddenly everyone is against it? Are you serious?
    Dude,, every online game of this Age got a Monitor tool wich is only for game files or for game screenshots ,, but the EAC will monitoring your all pc data if it want.
    Last edited by Vantonium; 02-28-2017 at 05:29 AM.

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Read game EULA again. You actually agreed to it
    You realize people will get banned, even if they didn't cheat, don't you?

That's the problem. We are in an age where everyone uses some kind of software (like me using a third party mouse and keyboard) even if these are not for cheating. The fact that now 3/4 of the community is getting banned for this is not just a kick in the dick for the players, but for Hi-rez as well as they will loose a significant amount of income now.

Welp, looks like I won't play Smite anymore even if I never hacked. Thanks Hi-rez
    Last edited by zitagirl; 02-28-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Altought one of the lucky AF players who have all drivers registered, or easily trackable unregistered drivers (had one, needed for make my ps3 controller run on PC), I think this will have an huge impact over the playerbase, and an insane backlash over the entire Hirez reputation.
    I hope there will be significant changes in short time about the whole situation.

If someone want to know "exactly" what happens, This may be interesting:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...s_perspective/
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon