Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Countering Chang'e

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Countering Chang'e

So, I personally have a large problem with chang'e in...mostly everything. I mainly solo (SWK) and if I meet her in lane the chance of me kiling her without help from jung is basically zero (but that is also due to swk not having high 1v1 gank potential). She can stay in lane from her heal, not back to buy, and have immunity toward any hi burst and the increased movement speed from the dance spread a lot of distance to escape. These issues become even worst in team fights when she is healing herself and teammates with her abilities. And you are unable to body block any of her damaging abilities, and cc-ing to stop an ability is a pretty small window.
    So how does one combat a change especially if she builds some cooldown and her abilities are often available at any time.

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    do you buy anti healing?
    Do me a favor. Give me -reps please.

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    build brawlers use your 2 to hit multiple enemies reduced healing to all of them we also have ankh for 50% healing reduction brawlers will give you power and pen with healing reduction

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    My current sun core build is Warrior Tabi, Gladiators Sheild, Spirit Robe and Runforge. I can definitely sub runeforge for Brawlers if the situation arises, I currently have these items cause they play off sun's poke really well.
    But there are also situations like Joust I main medusa which provides a good amount of anti heal from her base kit and are main guardian will go pestilence. The main issue there is the body blocking of there teammates with her abilities still being able to hit me, chang'e straight immunity from my ult and a chang'e that builds warlocks or just physical D in general is hard to take town with a good team. What Hunter's perform the best against her?

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Ima a change main and I know her downsides, mainly early game, if you are passive/aren't aggresive enough early then it hits you hard, try to bait out her evasive dance and aggresive, and if a change gets online, CC chain her to death best way. And no matter what God you are don't think that boxing chang'e is a walk in the park, it is easy for a chang'e to turn a boxing fight in her favour, especially when she has an ult. Her heal isn't insane so anti heal is good but in a fight try to keep it constant so her sustain is at a minimum, and don't get scared and back off that's when you know you've lost a fight because a healer that gets away is a healer that will come back quickly to shred the remaining hp you have left from that last fight.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Agreed, doesn't matter if you are Kali, Arachne, Nemesis, any of those types. Chang'e can handle them all one on one if played right.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I see your build could need a little refreshing as you dont seem to understand how you wanna maximize your potential. Playing as any warrior vs a healer means you will dominate the earlygame as your poke and clear is better. For the first lvls you will hit the minions before start basic attack the enmy mage forceing them to retreat. Your 2. item after boots should be brawlers cause its cheap and gives you that antiheal and pen forceing them to stay under tower and lose farm and xp. If you would play against a warrior you wanna go valor or gladiator shield depending on your income, most likley valor if you are doing ok or better. Vs change you wanna build pestilence as it gives good health and protection. The two first items after boots should be for countering the enemy solo laner, the next should be for sustain vs the rest of the enemy team. Never build runeforge in smite as it is currently the worst item in game. (This comming from every experienced player out there) Build tanky on swk as his dmg falls of later and your job is to tank and distrupt the enemy team.

Going against a warrior with healing also needs you to build brawlers after valor then full tank on swk no matter what or whom you play against. Your job ( if they have a healer and in general) in mid and lategame is to poke squishies or distrupt enemies trying to hurt your team. Going on the offensive will force the enemy to attack you, giving your team the opportunity to strike as the enemy are distracted or have their abilites on cooldown. Vs healers your job is manily focused on antihealing by applying brawlers passive and pestielence. You cant run in 1v5 as many swk tend to do and hope for your team to follow, he isnt vamana or tyr having tons of dmg and sustain.Your job is not to run into the backline trying to bring someone down to low healt. Your job is to be everywere at once showing your presence and gradually wear out the enemy team. As the team groups up you can charge an enemy using your 3 abilites before turning your attention to your team in case they are in need of help. Do not get distracted to long by the enmies in front of you. Your job is to imideatly retreat and help your team then go back to the frontline poking squishies like a game of handball.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-05-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I don't see why you say his wave clear is better than a healer's. I love playing chang'e, my first item is book of thoth and as soon as it is done I can clear wave quickly while healing my own at the same time. Sun wukong only needs boots to clear if he uses his full kit, but that'd force him to retreat early due to a lack of mana. More on topic since he was even asking for a hunter who works well against her, not how to play SWK, chang'e is countered pretty well with slows. I love playing her, honestly she is my favorite god, but I've had a duel against a nemesis with frostbound and it really hurt her movement. Chang'e without movement is usually a dead chang'e. This was only because it was frostbound slow + nemesis 2, sometimes nemesis ult but SWK does the same thing with his 2. I agree you should definitely build pestilence to fight a chang'e though, you need to hurt her burst a bit if you want to go head to head with her. You could also try runic shield instead, if you get it early game you will ruin her wave clear which can help you get ahead(reduces magic power by 50?). It will fall off late game though.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Last time i played swk vs change solo (1 week ago) i insta cleared the wave with his 2 abilites then went for her to make her regret ever setting foot in solo lane, then took her bluebuff at lv 3 and continued destroying her for the rest of the laning phase.

Everyone knows thatb solo lane is only for the guys with the biggest D and i bet change isnt one of them
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-05-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Idk, assuming you mean damage hehe, book of thoth and pen boots and her damage is secured. By then you are approaching mid game sure, but after mid and throughout the rest of the game she's got some of the best damage and the easiest to apply. Personally I'd rather have her stick to mid and claim red buff instead of solo with blue to help her out in the early game but this is all about fighting against her. So knowing where her weaknesses lie I really think building a runic shield early (like 2nd item) would be best to help shut her down early and keep her there as long as possible.