Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Back Door Protection removal . Now what do we do?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,893
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    I'm perfectly fine with it. Less rewarding for cheese strats and players who are too scared to ever fight.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,584
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Her clear is perfectly acceptable, she's rocking 15% more scaling than Ullr's 1 and 10 less base damage than Apollo's at max rank.

The only unacceptable nerf was nerfing Kaldr's base damage to 40-80%. He hardly hurts early game and is even more useless outside of Piercing Cold's effect.
    How is that acceptable? Ullr has 2 steroids and a leap, and a stun. Apollo has a dash, a built in steroid passive and hard mez and a global ult. But hey, skadi is fine because she has more scaling and a little less damage than Apollo....

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,003
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    How is that acceptable? Ullr has 2 steroids and a leap, and a stun. Apollo has a dash, a built in steroid passive and hard mez and a global ult. But hey, skadi is fine because she has more scaling and a little less damage than Apollo....
    She has 40% speed at all ranks of her 3 and for 3s afterwards while Ullr can only get that after maxing his 2. I'm not saying Skadi's buff made her perfectly balanced, but it gives her an advantage over those two. And I mean, the 3 can deal potentially 440 + 110% after 5s making it a perfect zoning tool that is also capable of waveclear, but the cost is that it takes time.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    im here for the backdoor discussion and apparently a hunter which isn't as bad as everyone says she is more important thansomething which actually affects the game itself typical smite community

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Skadis clear is fine..... It's weird that was brought into question
    Whats bad about her now is her "role" as a split push hunter is weaker... why pick her when apollo does everything she can better

What Hi Rez made bad about her was they took a hunter that was more impressive early/mid and made her weaker in all stages of the game relative to her old self and other hunters. What I'm referring to is Kaldr nerfs... the 1st nerf was fine but the latest Kaldr nerfs were... just why. With the added loss of back door potential, the trades fir the 3 were not worth it imo

She has interesting boxing mechanics woth her updated 3 that can come at the cost of sacrificing poke
    The change to her 3 was what it should have been since day 1 except probably not 40% on/off ice. but its nice to have
    Last edited by OdinsBeer; 02-23-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Achievements:
    Where did I say her clear was bad? I was comparing it to the majority of the other hunters. If some of you read slower instead of insulted quick we could all get along a bit better (no wonder Devs never come to the forums lol).

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Where did I say her clear was bad? I was comparing it to the majority of the other hunters. If some of you read slower instead of insulted quick we could all get along a bit better (no wonder Devs never come to the forums lol).
    lol unless i missed a post... no one said you said her clear was bad. everyone thought comparing her clear as relatively weak compared to other hunters is still wrong. Her clear potential is about the same as any decent clear hunter. \some people even brought up math...seems like you need to slow down when reading or at least learn to address the people who took your initial response seriously rather than the people who might have over reacted and whined

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsBeer View Post
    lol unless i missed a post... no one said you said her clear was bad. everyone thought comparing her clear as relatively weak compared to other hunters is still wrong. Her clear potential is about the same as any decent clear hunter. \some people even brought up math...seems like you need to slow down when reading or at least learn to address the people who took your initial response seriously rather than the people who might have over reacted and whined
    Slaycrol was asking what makes her clear bad, it's not - never assumed it to be. I should have quoted him lol, it's sidetracked my feeling on how superior other hunters are to her with Ullr coming to immediate mind IMO. I'll likely debate it more when I'm less tired, I'm working a night shift and I'm tired but as far as I can see asides from my gripes about the clear vs alternatives everyone here is on the same page regarding her anyways, more or less.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,003
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Slaycrol was asking what makes her clear bad, it's not - never assumed it to be. I should have quoted him lol, it's sidetracked my feeling on how superior other hunters are to her with Ullr coming to immediate mind IMO. I'll likely debate it more when I'm less tired, I'm working a night shift and I'm tired but as far as I can see asides from my gripes about the clear vs alternatives everyone here is on the same page regarding her anyways, more or less.
    Yeah, I was about to reply thinking you were talking to me. Thank lawd I didn't. xD
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I think Hi-Rez went in the wrong direction this patch. They should have increased the vision of phoenixes to cover maybe halfway up the lane to the first tower (no vision in jungle of course) so an observant player could tell when the enemy is going for a phoenix, and losing a phoenix would lose the vision in that lane.

Besides, I prefer what they call back-dooring over what I've seen elsewhere. The gist is there is this one specific here that for an ultimate, can spawn what is basicly a smaller/weaker version of itself with no upper limit. With certain items you could spawn (if I recall) 8 of em every 36 seconds. Give say 4 minutes and you'll have 40 or so each with roughly 1/8 stat of the original. Being independently controllable, if one is adept at micromanaging one could win the game single highhandedly.

another game had a hero that could take down towers outside of their range by level 5 and bring in heavy artillery to take out the core by 12
    ---

Personally, I think skadi is a crutch god. All the CC and what is essentially a bunch of safe AAs, She is a fair bit easier to play than the others, but tends to die more often.
    *Insert witty remark here*

Astatine is my spirit element

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

If we do not know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can not anticipate our future actions
    -anonymous American