Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Back Door Protection removal . Now what do we do?

New Member Cupidhead MrBubbles091's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Back Door Protection removal . Now what do we do?

So there was a thread about how it makes no sense and it just not justified. Now I will say that I personally hated the fact that backdoor protections could be removed by pets and when 4.1 dropped and the rallying ritual showed up I think that was a bit much as well. Remember this has no cooldown. and i still think a lot of gods will be doing the back door thing because its never actually going to stop. It just going to be a bit harder. Also i think they said this protection removal does nothing for Loki so now every other god that back doors will be doing it like Loki.

Nu Wa and Bastet got some buffs to their damage which isn't bad. However I have seen people complaining that these buffs are useless. The Nu Wa i think is good. I can't really say for Bastet because I barely play her.

Now Vulcan got no changes which i think is fine(hate me later if you want). I don't think anyone really picks Vulcan and then says oh well I'll just go back door a few towers. The Bakasura however kinda annoys me that nothing has been done. Bakasura in general I think needs some work.

Now I'd would like to know what you think should be done about these gods and specifically their backdoor ability. Remember there pets can still tank structure damage and damage the the tower as well(Loki's decoy is the exception). I had the idea to let the pets take reduced damage from the structures so they would be able to tank longer. Or remove structure damage progression on pets. Or let the pets have a portion of your penetration against structures. these would not affect the titan however because i feel like the titan just dies so easily since it can take ability damage unlike towers or phoenixes which can only be killed with basic damage.

Also understand that they removed backdoor protections and not the actual act of back dooring which you can obviously do. Now its just going to be the same as doing it with LOKI who by the way is pretty damn good at it. Understand that Loki's decoy acted as a god not a pet or so I've been told.

SO thoughts anyone? Oh also I'm not quite sure what's going on with Skadi and Kaldr since i saw no changes.
    (and if anyone saw this on reddit that was also me)

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Skadi got no changes which made no sense at all. She just keep seeing nerfs

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Skadi got no changes which made no sense at all. She just keep seeing nerfs
    I was thinking that myself, she wasn't even mentioned. The movement buff is nice (though makes zero difference vs likes of Thanatos - her mobility is as much an issue as it's ever been). This indirect nerf means she's even less a viable pick vs the alternatives. The dog got nerfed (yet again), her clear is still weaker than majority of the the hunters... She's not in a good place IMO.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    I was thinking that myself, she wasn't even mentioned. The movement buff is nice (though makes zero difference vs likes of Thanatos - her mobility is as much an issue as it's ever been). This indirect nerf means she's even less a viable pick vs the alternatives. The dog got nerfed (yet again), her clear is still weaker than majority of the the hunters... She's not in a good place IMO.
    Her clear is perfectly acceptable, she's rocking 15% more scaling than Ullr's 1 and 10 less base damage than Apollo's at max rank.

The only unacceptable nerf was nerfing Kaldr's base damage to 40-80%. He hardly hurts early game and is even more useless outside of Piercing Cold's effect.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Her clear is perfectly acceptable, she's rocking 15% more scaling than Ullr's 1 and 10 less base damage than Apollo's at max rank.

The only unacceptable nerf was nerfing Kaldr's base damage to 40-80%. He hardly hurts early game and is even more useless outside of Piercing Cold's effect.
    Exactly, how the hell did they come up with those nerfs to Skadi? She needed buffs only and now that she got another indirect nerf, she is kinda screwed, hope Hirez reverts the Kaldr nerf and gives her some compensation....
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,074
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I was thinking that myself, she wasn't even mentioned. The movement buff is nice (though makes zero difference vs likes of Thanatos - her mobility is as much an issue as it's ever been)
    her clear is still weaker than majority of the the hunters
    i didnt think peeps can be even more scrub but this made it for me lmao
    so a 40% MS buff, freely accessable with a strong cc and lasting 3 sec is shit mobility?
    Also what makes her clear bad? she has 2 clearing abilities which is better than most hunters (and actually pretty much every hunter)
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

New Member Cupidhead MrBubbles091's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    and why is nerfing Skadi the topic of discussion?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,850
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    her clear is still weaker than majority of the the hunters...
    Since when 440+110% is weaker than majority of the Hunters becuz no one said her 1 is the only wawe clear
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,074
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBubbles091 View Post
    and why is nerfing Skadi the topic of discussion?
    Because people like cheesy tactics with her instead of looking at her abilities^^

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Who the fuck thinks bastet is now weaker?

You still can shred towers with bane + jotunns fine, and you now have buffed passive ontop of it for easier early game dominance.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!