Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: shouldnt surrendering be a team decision?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Game is lost in at least 90% situations when 3 players lost their wish and hope to win.
    Some ppl have right saying that games will be end at 10 minutes but not everybody likes being 10k gold behind in 10 minutes, its pointless there is no way to win this game unless whole enemy team go AFK.
    Last edited by ZetoPL; 02-27-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuFreak View Post
    The system of 3-2 would just increase the amount of ridiculous surrenders in Smite. The amount of Conquest games I play that hardly reach past 20 minutes is ridiculous.
    To add to this, the amount of games I've had where there is general equality regarding kills, structures gold etc but a surrender gets popped because some petulant turds are shit at the game or are just trolling would further increase this likelihood. That being said F7 warriors should go fornicate themselves with a rusty pole, theres nothing worse than seeing an obviously hopeless match descend into the vgs spam bm'ing contest that transpires as the result of wee Timmy dumbfucks desire to test how many times he can die in stupid fashion.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Honoured GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ok so let me know the next time you go into a conquest and by the 10 min mark, all your lanes are down to their phoenix (and maybe phoenix is gone as well), the kill difference is 20 or more, most of the enemy team has 3-5 levels on yours, most of the enemy team has 4-5 fully built items

and you want to surrender because you know there is no chance in hell you are going to come back...two other people agree with you...but the other two somehow still fell the game is redeemable

while yes there is always that chance...with some situations, many players realize winning won't happen...so why waste even more time on a match that is bound to end in a loss so they can get to a new match they might do better in.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    It should be team decision but 3-2 not 4-1.
    This. Asking for an 80% majority for a vote is ridiculous and a big part of why I'm heavily loath to play conquest anymore, (when it used to be the only game mode I used to play at all). Depends on the game, of course, but if your team wipes three times straight in team fights, (I don't care what the clock reads, tbh) you're done - end it and move on to another game.

As is, if I play another mode with the current 4-1 to F6, I'll lose probably another 10 mins of my life, (or 15, tops, if my team's full of trolls and I pick the deserter debuff over staying with them), and can then move on. If I'm in conquest, though, that same team that's getting crushed time and again also probably doesn't know a) how to adjust to play from behind and/or b) how to end the game efficiently, so that's 30-45 mins more of my life wasted for the same loss that could have been predicted long before.

I'm all for having one person or even two on your team that need some work / to learn more - there needs to be a way for newer folks and/or folks on newer heroes to learn, (and heck, more than some games I'm that person myself in one or both of those situations ;P ) but sometimes, the match just isn't going to work, and forcing people to stay when that's the case trades a loss-and-try-again-no-harm-no-foul into a loss-and-tilt-and-done-playing-(conquest-at-least)-for-the-night. It's just not healthy.

If there was an adaptive F6 system that altered based on activities in-game, (i.e. that triple team wipe, being 10k+ gold behind, all six of your towers down while they have all six still up, all dropped the required F6 level to first 3 and then 2 votes if multiples were in play) I'd be much happier, but since that'd be more work than just modding to a 3-2, I'll take the 3-2 and/or predominantly stay more in the shorter game modes.
    Last edited by MissHap; 02-28-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuFreak View Post
    The system of 3-2 would just increase the amount of ridiculous surrenders in Smite. The amount of Conquest games I play that hardly reach past 20 minutes is ridiculous.
    I'm confused. Why do you guys get such bad games. in conquest for me if we don't f6 at 10 or they f6 at 10 because one time is getting rekted it almost always goes to like 45 minutes. If a game goes for more than 30 minutes unless you aren't behind like 10k+ you can come back as long as you kill 3-4. I come back alot of times after their carry was out of position, we killed him and then we just steamroll the rest of the team for the win.
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned, Feel free to add me on PC if you want to play.

Favorite gods for roles.

Jungle: Rat, Thana, Fenrir, Nemesis, Serqet.

Solo: Hades, Odin, Herc, Chang'e, Loki.

Mid: Isis, Janus, Kuku, Anubis.

Hunter: Ullr, Medusa, Skadi, Anhur.

Support: Ganesha, Ymir, Kumba, Herc, Khepri, Hades.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'm confused. Why do you guys get such bad games. in conquest for me if we don't f6 at 10 or they f6 at 10 because one time is getting rekted it almost always goes to like 45 minutes. If a game goes for more than 30 minutes unless you aren't behind like 10k+ you can come back as long as you kill 3-4. I come back alot of times after their carry was out of position, we killed him and then we just steamroll the rest of the team for the win.
    Not in ranked where enemies knows how make use of their advantage and pubstomp even harder, that leads to situation where your team is far behind and only enemy DCs can save your team from losing this game. But surely F7 warriors playing until titan fall so 3 other players must stay in the game. If you are lucky enemies kill your titan quickly, if not - you are hostage for another X minutes.

#EARLYGAMEPUBSTOMPMETA
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    3-2 surrender makes sense. Right now, 2 people vote to not surrender, and the 3 who did either 1) drop, 2) sit in start or 3) feed in order to make it end sooner.

The end result is the same in all cases; you lose.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Honestly the bad games are the ones that end at a 10 min surrender cause of 1 thing your not playing the game

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Hell no if it will be like that then maybe once out of 100 games il get past 10 mins in Conquest
    This would make me so mad, because I play mainly lategame gods or I build gods for lategame.

Now, I'm going to give the explanation I give in every single surrender thread. You queue to play a match knowing you may win or lose, and you should supposedly be ready to play the game until the end, until the titan dies, so yeah, it's fine as it is, it's already good that we have a surrender option.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Remove Gem of Isolation and Frostbound, and while we are at it, nerf Fatalis.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    This would make me so mad, because I play mainly lategame gods or I build gods for lategame.

Now, I'm going to give the explanation I give in every single surrender thread. You queue to play a match knowing you may win or lose, and you should supposedly be ready to play the game until the end, until the titan dies, so yeah, it's fine as it is, it's already good that we have a surrender option.
    No. No it's not. It's not the i'm 2/3 as a late game god people that make you want to surrender. 2/3 to me, is slightly excusable. Maybe you got overly aggressive, maybe you got ganked very well, and maybe you didn't have the best warding and got out rotated. That shit happens. It's when you have 1 guy feeding his brains out that it starts to go down hill. You're basically always in a 4v5, and as a late game god, You can't lane properly because your enemy is free to camp your lane. You can get 3 man ganked under t1, and all of a sudden, you go from 2/3 to 2/5 and the enemy in the same role is 4 lvls ahead of you. I don't want to be stuck in these matches, I don't want to have to give every ounce of concentration to turn around a match where one of us is STILL feeding. TO be quite frank, if you don't think the 3v2 surrender vote is needed, you're probably making your teams miserable. I don't care if you aren't inherently part of the problem, but if you cause your team mates to have to 'wait' for you, you'll just get focused anyways, and then it's still miserable. There are games where it's moderately close, so I don't think you need to just f6 every time you're 1kor even maybe 3kish down at 10 minutes, but the matches where you're behind 7-8k at the ten minute mark, and this happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME, it's time to toss in the towel. It's not fun. It's not, and if you're causing people playing a video game, for which the purpose is having fun, YOU are part of the problem.

TL;DR Games are supposed to be fun, not miserable, give us the 3v2 surrender