Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: shouldnt surrendering be a team decision?

Banned Senior Minion
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered

shouldnt surrendering be a team decision?

4 against 1, but what if the 1 believes, or KNOWS you can win, but cowards dictate?

if you go into jury duty, and you get picked for the jury, it is never 4 against 1, if there is 1 person saying he could be innocent, the court is forced to continue until that 1 person is convinced otherwise. smite should be no different. its absolutely insane that a clan of 4 people can completely ruin a game by all voting to surrender against 1 person who wants to play out the win. shameful when you think about it.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    not really. it makes sense. the large majority of the team doesnt want to continue with the game, majority rules. it's the fairest way to do it. if 4 people wanted to surrender b/c they were getting crushed, but one guy wanted to troll and press f7, he could keep all of those people in that game just b/c he wants to be an ass. games would never EVER be surrendered if it took all 5 to say yes. which means you would spend way more time getting stomped into oblivion for no reason 95% of the time. i would much rather have it the way it is, than the way you propose. that way one person cant hold the game hostage. there is a reason that all moba games do it the same way smite does, b\c if it only took 1 person saying no to a surrender for the surrender to fail, then 1 person could easily hold games hostage just to be a dick to his team.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    If anything it should be if 3 people want out and 2 don't then you should still be able to surrender..

It's like this. I join a conquest game. I build full defence to protect ADC. I then check my team and 3 other team mates was building all defence too and no dmg at all.. just 1 guy dealing dmg rest were getting owned 18-0 each or something

We try to surrender and these 2 f*** idiots don't want to so we play a F** 45 min game because the enemy team is just going for kills.. And not the win. It was like 60-2 in the first 15 mins. And we had 45 mins of just getting wrecked.

Why the heck would you not surrender? Just imagine if this happened all the time. I think if 3 out the 5 want to surrender then why the heck not? Instead of sticking it out because 2 trolls don't care.

Are you that guy who doesn't surrender ever? Even if we are down 20-0 in first 5 mins?

I could imagine having to sit through hours of needless pointless games because of this 1 guy decided that 30-0 is nothing and we can still make a come back. ( or trolling )

This tilts me
    Last edited by commandoo; 02-24-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    I like turtles

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    It is a team decision. Just because you believe your stalwart defence is right it doesn't actually mean you are right. When they majority are beholden to the minority it rarely ends well.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    It should be team decision but 3-2 not 4-1.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    This.. Should not be 4 vs 1 if 3 want out then why can't we?

I have to sit through 45 mins for no reason because 2 don't want to quit?
    Last edited by commandoo; 02-24-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    I like turtles

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 2,427
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Hell no if it will be like that then maybe once out of 100 games il get past 10 mins in Conquest
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Let me put it this way. I was playing a game of assault. We were one person down and, while we had a few more kills, we lost all our towers and had barely scratched theirs.

We were losing, but the enemy team surrendered because they had less kills...

Like, I get it. If there's absolutely no chance of winning, then I can understand. However, if the game is close or if you're capable of coming back, it's stupid to surrender. Simple as that.

That's why 4-1 surrender makes sense. If you had three defeatists who think there's no chance of winning when they're 1-3 kills behind, they should not be able to ruin the game by surrendering.

It can be very frustrating to be held hostage, but it could be just as frustrating to lose because your team decided to surrender a winnable game.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 02-24-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Senior Member Honoured GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Hell no if it will be like that then maybe once out of 100 games il get past 10 mins in Conquest
    that may be true...but all in all, you need to take in account the score of the game and what has happened.

obviously, all 5 players are still in the match, so it isn't like someone d/ced out so that can't be accounted for.

times where a 3-2 vote for surrender could be considered valid;
    (Conquest) Lanes [2 or all 3] are pushed back completely either to phoenix or including phoenix
    (Any mode) Kill difference is greater than 20 between teams
    (Any mode) Most of team is going negative
    (Conquest) Fire Giant is killed within 5 minutes of it spawning {this would often be paired with any of the previous reasons}
    (Any mode) A player is purposefully feeding just to troll {One of the people not surrendering, because trollolololololololol}
    (Any mode) <Fill in the blank here with any other valid reason you can think of>
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure

Senior Member Chosen OtakuFreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    that may be true...but all in all, you need to take in account the score of the game and what has happened.

obviously, all 5 players are still in the match, so it isn't like someone d/ced out so that can't be accounted for.

times where a 3-2 vote for surrender could be considered valid;
    (Conquest) Lanes [2 or all 3] are pushed back completely either to phoenix or including phoenix
    (Any mode) Kill difference is greater than 20 between teams
    (Any mode) Most of team is going negative
    (Conquest) Fire Giant is killed within 5 minutes of it spawning {this would often be paired with any of the previous reasons}
    (Any mode) A player is purposefully feeding just to troll {One of the people not surrendering, because trollolololololololol}
    (Any mode) <Fill in the blank here with any other valid reason you can think of>
    The system of 3-2 would just increase the amount of ridiculous surrenders in Smite. The amount of Conquest games I play that hardly reach past 20 minutes is ridiculous.
    The worst kind of pain is when you're smiling just to keep the tears from falling