Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: State of assassins in game ?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DoXeS0's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

State of assassins in game ?

I play mainly hunters and assassins ( yeah yeah I know im a piece of shit lets get over that)

Since the S4 update, my hunters have been hit and miss in terms of success. The damage output feels like its lower and its become harder to secure kills.
    All of my kill averages have dropped by at least 3. Example my cupid was at 16 kill average now ive dropped to 13.

Completely the opposite with assassins, they feel like they have had a major damage boost. Securing kills is super easy, hunters and mages dont stand a chance in 1v1 situations.
    Literally first game with Bastet I went above 15 kills, insane damage output.

I didn't bother with the s4 patch notes, but I just checked now and I don't see any changes to the class.
    Does anyone else feel this change, or is it just me ? Might be my playstyle just changed.

Disclaimer: Not talking about Conquest, my most played game modes are Siege Clash and Arena.

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    I play assassins when I want to be a dick and coup de grace the enemy after my allies take 90% of their health away.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    hunters and mages dont stand a chance in 1v1 situations.
    Of course they stand a chance especially the Mages who can build BoV and Warlock and you can easily fight them
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Bastet could always do that as long as you don't get behind or cced when you jump in. Hunter and mages still have it pretty easy but you aren't suppose to let an assassin get close to them because they are an assassin primary targets.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    hunters and mages dont stand a chance in 1v1 situations.
    I find it very hard to believe we're thinking of the same game.

OT, assassins are fine overall. My only real gripe is that they're not all well-distinguished from warriors, since a lot of them have good defense.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I honestly feel the opposite.

I feel Hunters are stronger now that they had items buffed that were already good on them (For example, Wind Demon). Also, they work really well with the new buffed Fatalis if you want easy-cheese-mode free kills. Even more so that the only anti-crit item in the game was removed so it made Hunter's best items have less counters.

While alternatively, I feel specifically Ability Assassins are weaker. Given that so many people are building Fatalis, it can be much more difficult to secure your damage while everyone's zooming around the place at light speed. (AA Assassins are fine. They can all build Fatalis themselves)

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    My only real gripe is that they're not all well-distinguished from warriors, since a lot of them have good defense.
    I'd argue that's mostly because Warriors have a fairly undefined role in the game. Given they have exactly the same item availability as Assassins.

Like, every other role is easily defined:

Hunter - Physical ranged damage dealer
    Assassin - Physical melee damage dealer
    Mage - Magical damage dealer
    Guardian - Magical tank

Like, what are Warriors supposed to be? Physical tanks? Damage dealers? Bruiser? It's not all that clear...

One of the reasons why I think it'd be cool to get Warrior + Guardian specific defence or hybrid items. Play off their inherent want to build tanky with unique items unavailable to other roles (Also, stop them getting fucked over by glass cannon gods using their best stuff. RIP Celestial Legion Helm)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I'd argue that's mostly because Warriors have a fairly undefined role in the game. Given they have exactly the same item availability as Assassins.

Like, every other role is easily defined:

Hunter - Physical ranged damage dealer
    Assassin - Physical melee damage dealer
    Mage - Magical damage dealer
    Guardian - Magical tank

Like, what are Warriors supposed to be? Physical tanks? Damage dealers? Bruiser? It's not all that clear...

One of the reasons why I think it'd be cool to get Warrior + Guardian specific defence or hybrid items. Play off their inherent want to build tanky with unique items unavailable to other roles (Also, stop them getting fucked over by glass cannon gods using their best stuff. RIP Celestial Legion Helm)
    I would argue that this is all the more reason to make classes based on god function and not damage type. Hunters are ADC's, mages are ranged casters, warriors are damaging tanks, guardians are true supports, and assassins are melee damagers. Or it could get the For Honor treatment and put all tanks in one class with an extra class for "hybrid" characters that don't really fit any one archetype that well.

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I would argue that this is all the more reason to make classes based on god function and not damage type. Hunters are ADC's, mages are ranged casters, warriors are damaging tanks, guardians are true supports, and assassins are melee damagers. Or it could get the For Honor treatment and put all tanks in one class with an extra class for "hybrid" characters that don't really fit any one archetype that well.
    My only qualm with that kind of thing, is they're likely to make all the ADC's ranged... Something I miss from other MOBA's are the variety of melee and ranged ADC's (Since, BOTH of them needed to build into defensive items, there wasn't an inherent advantage to ranged ones over melee ones outside of better laning at the cost of worse late game farming because of melee getting the better farm boosting items)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    My only qualm with that kind of thing, is they're likely to make all the ADC's ranged... Something I miss from other MOBA's are the variety of melee and ranged ADC's (Since, BOTH of them needed to build into defensive items, there wasn't an inherent advantage to ranged ones over melee ones outside of better laning at the cost of worse late game farming because of melee getting the better farm boosting items)
    The backliner ADC, as they appear in Smite, is distinct in that they're basically a mix of AA-based assassins and mages. They're the only case in which I'd say that a god being AA-based differentiates them from ability-based gods, though the argument for condensing all the classes into just 3 can be made.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I miss LoL's ravenous hydra, almost always got it on melee characters for wave clear but that's what bellona is for. Of course Hun Bats has some pretty awesome wave clear as well, one of my favorites for duel.