Thread: Serqet's "Ambush" and "Cobra's Kiss"

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Serqet's "Ambush" and "Cobra's Kiss"

Serqet had her niche in Season 2. While she's still strong and underrated (and my main), I'd like to tweak two things about her.

Regarding "Ambush", it bothers me that, if you cancel the stealth without leaping, it still goes on full cooldown, even though you only used half of the ability. In my opinion it would've been better if the cooldown was halved after canceling the ability.

Secondly, "Cobra's Kiss" makes enemies attack their nearby allies but only deal the same amount of damage to them like "Cobra's Kiss" does. Why don't they deal the real damage of their basic attacks? Maybe it's too dangerous if you get hit by your ADC with crits. But this would require more carefulness when being around Serqet.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Ambush is a stealth ability, and as such shouldn't be treated lightly. If they make it so you can cancel without it fully going on cooldown it should have a downside, like an increased cd or a countdown after the stealth breaks.

The cobra's kiss one will make her op as fuck so no, it's already a nice cc ability with which she can set up kills pretty easily.

I'd want to see a change on her ultimate though, just make it so you can't ult minions. Sometimes the minions get in the way and even if the marker seems to be over the god you just ult the minions instead of them, making a ridiculous turn of events that most of the times gets you killed. Imagine Nemesis ult hitting a minion, yeah, won't happen ever since the ult is limited to gods only. Should be the same in Serqet's case.

And the ult sometimes seems to go off and nothing happens. Same glitch as Kuang's glitch
    Signatures are stupid, really, nobody cares....

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post

Secondly, "Cobra's Kiss" makes enemies attack their nearby allies but only deal the same amount of damage to them like "Cobra's Kiss" does. Why don't they deal the real damage of their basic attacks? Maybe it's too dangerous if you get hit by your ADC with crits. But this would require more carefulness when being around Serqet.
    Thats simply game breaking
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ABatthos View Post
    Ambush is a stealth ability, and as such shouldn't be treated lightly. If they make it so you can cancel without it fully going on cooldown it should have a downside, like an increased cd or a countdown after the stealth breaks.

The cobra's kiss one will make her op as fuck so no, it's already a nice cc ability with which she can set up kills pretty easily.

I'd want to see a change on her ultimate though, just make it so you can't ult minions. Sometimes the minions get in the way and even if the marker seems to be over the god you just ult the minions instead of them, making a ridiculous turn of events that most of the times gets you killed. Imagine Nemesis ult hitting a minion, yeah, won't happen ever since the ult is limited to gods only. Should be the same in Serqet's case.

And the ult sometimes seems to go off and nothing happens. Same glitch as Kuang's glitch
    I think the idea for her 3 is a good one since she already has such freaking long cooldowns even with full cdr!...
    But the idea for the 2 is funny and broken as possible.

Well, you see, i am opposed to the ult change because of 1 simple reason. It can hit minions and jungle camps and the damage it deals will apply the same, FULL damage to others that are in the radius of an explosion. So if you are in arena, for example, you can deliberately use your ult on a minion, swing it to them and they all get the full damage of the ult.

That is surely useful. But the change her ult needs much more is the fact that it should prioritise gods and then minions. So if you have a god and a minion close to each other, it would hit the god, but if you only have a minion or a jungle camp, then you could hit that. Also fix that cd bug that wastes her awesome ult...

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Thats simply game breaking
    Yeah, would make her the best assassin in the game instantly.
    Maining Cernunnos. <3 him so much.

"Let the hunt begin, again."

"I play gods because I want to play them. Telling me otherwise is a waste of time."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!

Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    3 is a stealth skill. The jump you could see as a "bonus". It does not make sense that you can use 3 every second to be invisible, even if you do not jump.

2, the only thing I would change is the size of the skill. We can see this as a taunt. Now, compare with other taunts in the game, such as Susano, Athena who are much easier to apply. The rest would remain the same.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think the 2 needs slightly longer range

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Regarding Ambush, it's up to you to not utilize all the skill. It's fine that cancelling it makes it go on full CD.

Regarding Cobra's Kiss, it'd be way too strong if enemies did AA's on top of the CK damage. Especially if you tag 2 different people with the skill (Even more so when accounting for on hit procs. Like, Poly would be an instant no-go if Serqet was in the game for example)

Serqet is becoming a favourite god of mine and really the only things I could ask for on her are:

- A bit less RNG on her Cobra's Kiss mez. I actually want it to be the taunt 9 times out of 10. Since that lets me use Deathbane to its fullest when I've engaged. But right now it's a toss up whether I get that or the enemy I'm trying to combo runs off towards an ally to whiff the air near them.

- A slight amount of help to alleviate some build concerns. Right now, she wants to build everything, but finds it hard to build enough. Something to help this in some way, such as lower cooldowns so CDR is less required, some sustain (For example, healing the damage her passive does) to make defence less required or some in built pen (At least for her 1+2) so she doesn't have to build quite so much pen to be useful late game.

Then the final thing, isn't so much a Serqet buff, but more of a nerf to another god. Which is making anti-heal affect the amount of health a god is "Revived" to by Khepri ult. Just so that's not so BS to deal with outside of one of the 2 gods with an execute (Not to mention, how laughably easy it is for Khepri to completely nullify Serqet's DoT ult. Even more so, he can effectively take advantage of it by seeing a low health target and knowing that DoT will kill them he can bypass the ultimate and still get them back up to 40% life)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!