Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xbalanque and Artemis need their clear buffed.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    Almost all hunters got their clear nerfed, lifesteal got hit hard,then they messed with item prices, then crit items got a nerf, then cost increase again.
    Enough to refresh your memory ?
    You appear to have a very selective memory in regards to individual ability buffs
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    just use odyssey bow if you are having difficulties clearing hunters dont need any buffs right now they are already too strong they need nerfs reduced ability dmg for some gods and bad early game its not fair they do high dmg with their AA with high ability dmg

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    He isn't completely wrong. Apollo and Anhur had their clear nerfed at the beginning of season two. This also marked buffs for other hunters.

Artemis got nerfed in August 2014
    Suppress the Insolent

Damage reduced from 90/150/210/270/330 to 80/130/180/230/280.
    Physical scaling reduced from 50% to 40%.

They should revert the base damage nerf here.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    Almost all hunters got their clear nerfed, lifesteal got hit hard,then they messed with item prices, then crit items got a nerf, then cost increase again.
    Enough to refresh your memory ?
    Try not to forget that every time an item is nerfed because of hunter abuse, it hurts assassins and warriors much more in the long run. So hunters haven't been hurt/nerfed enough as an overall class if even with a clear reduction, they still have a good/great game and stay relevant.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    Hey guys, i want to say something about these 2 gods and why they are such poor meta picks especially in the season 4 meta where early game is the most important part of the game.

Let's start with Artemis. I know people don't want her and Xbalanque buffed due to their amazing lategames (just like other hunters), but Artemis suffers greatly in this meta due to many factors. She has awful clear since the Aug 19, 2014 nerf that broke her clear ever since the nerf was implemented up to this day. This nerf is the thing that makes Artemis' clear and whole early game a pain. It needs to be reverted since she is so easy to shut down early. And that's not just because of her clear, her mana pool is the smallest mana pool of all hunters, her 3 costs a ton of such a small mana pool, her mp5 is also extremely low. Revert this nerf from 2014 and lower her mana cost on her 3 OR give her mana pool an increase OR give her extra mp5 to make her early not as awful. This meta will eat her alive if she doesn't get any of this. Even the nerf revert would be enough....

And about Xballer (i really like to call him that xd). He also has mana issues and a 100 mana cost on his 3, just like his ult's cost. So it has to be reduced by 10 per all ranks so it would ease up his mana hunger. This season rushing Transcendence is a horrible choice due to many factors, like the exp change this meta brought, the disadvantage of a late power boost and so on. Anhur and Apollo got buffs to their clear while they are amazing lategame, have mobility, damage, cc, and they even have amazing steroids in their kits or awesome ways to lockdown gods. All in all, they are very strong meta picks and they got their clear buffed while Xbalanque and Artemis got absolutely nothing. Not only does Xbal lack hard cc, has mana issues, has even worse clear than Artemis (hers is an aoe that doesn't require her to displace herself) and he has to sidestep to use his 2, then attack with his 1 or without it and still kill the minions with his AA. So then make his 2 go through minions, do 15% more dmg to them and it's fixed. Since it's tick damage which is small, this change would only slightly help him, just like the nerf revert to Artemis' 3 would also not make her clear great. Another change for Xbal is by buffing the effect of his 2. I mean, his 2 has 10 darts, if 1 hits then it does 100% of the damage and the other 2 for 1 enemy do just 30%, so buff it to 50% and it makes his clear a tad bit better too!

They can't have great clear so they wouldn't be op, but their clear has to be at least somewhat possible to bear since their early game sucks overall and they can easily get shut down during it, especially in this season. I know the community and Hirez don't want to buff these gods' clear, but they need it desperately since the season 4 meta will literally eat them alive! Give them better mana with any of these changes (mana cost decrease on their 3s or for Artemis a bigger mana pool/more mp5) and give them better clear (trowing dagger on Xbal's 1 or his 2 passes through minions and does 15% more dmg to them).

Top meta hunters got buffs to their clear for them to still be viable in this season. Surely Artemis and Xbalanque have to get those clear buffs. Any buffs for the clear in that matter..
    As much as i love these 2 gods... Their main balance IS their bad clear

- Artemis early game isn't that bad tbh. You can't box her as easily as you think you can, because she has RnG on her side, and it is something you can't influence, and it is something she will always have
    She basically wins most fights at lvl 1 because she has RnG on her side. Except for an Anhur if she can't crit at all and his passive applies. All she needs to do is avoid the skillshots like Spirit Arrow and hit her 3 which is pretty easy to hit.
    ( There are otehr examples where she doesn't auto win but is favoured)

She has more clear than Xbalanque. A Sylvanus Artemis lane can be pretty scary because they clear pretty well and have really good combos and kill potential. ( root, pull, trap, volley). With a support to help her the issues become less prominent.

The nerf revert would actually make her really strong. 330 damage is a lot more than it looks

And the whole point of Xbalanque is that his early game is MEANT to suck. Unless god forbid, you get an early double kill, you will have to farm.
    - His early game isn't dreadful, just he can't do too much. He also gets absolutely destroyed by Cupid so much its a joke.

-Maybe a change where artemis had more mana or MP5 (i can see that)
    - Xbal Is fine right now, and buffing him is pretty risky, but maybe they could find something.

Artemis bodies a lot of the powerful hunters late game as well. Except Xbal late game.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    All hunter clear should be as bad as theirs, lategame carries should all have a complete shit earlygame.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    All hunter clear should be as bad as theirs, lategame carries should all have a complete shit earlygame.
    What about hunters such as Neith who aren't late game carries?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    What about hunters such as Neith who aren't late game carries?
    Neith can build to be just as good as any other hunter late-game. It's all about itemization.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    The least I would say is to give Artemis's 3 a 40% slow for 1.5s so it's actually usable for what it's meant for, subduing an enemy so you can trap them. Or change the damage to 80/115/150/185/220 (+140%) so it's still shit early game but still will deal good damage later on once you get online. If minion clear is still a problem, then there could be a passive for it where 50% of the damage dealt is converted to true damage against minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    If only, if only. But m'class diversity
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Neith can build to be just as good as any other hunter late-game. It's all about itemization.
    She is by far one of the worst hunters late game( which isn't dreadful cus she's a hunter). She has no steroid at all. She still provides good utility, but she just falls off in terms of damage. She just cannot and will not do more than an Artemis, Freya or Xbalanque late game.

And in terms of itemization, what do you mean? How can you guarantee that this Neith Build makes her just as good as them. ( im genuinely interested to see it)