Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Thoughts on S4 hunters?

  1. #21
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DoXeS0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    37
    1
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    Found the hunter main who thinks his class is balanced yet has been broken for 4 seasons now.

    Must be so hard to have warrior base stats, guardian level cc, assassin burst, mage ability damage and crits with lifesteal ontop of it, sooooo hard to play.
    That post can be classified as 100% bullshit.

    First, these are my most played gods

    https://imgur.com/0ERgMi1

    I play hunters, assassins and mages. So you are wrong.


    Second, you are accusing hunters of being this entity that has everything from every other class which is a LOAD of bullshit.

    I can complain that guardians are op, theyre so hard to kill and they can beat a mage 1v1 if theyre good. With thorns they can force you to kill yourself, or die by their hand.

    And that statement is less outrageous than what you said.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,768
    10
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    10


    Has war base stats.
    Has 3 hard cc's and one giant soft cc.
    Has cc immunity.
    has mage level ability damage.
    Does near truedamage.
    Can go crit + lifesteal.
    Can peel for himself.
    Can instagib someone with his 1 stun + a crit.

    You were saying?

    Ofcourse, wouldn't expect much logical thinking from someone who has loki as main assassin.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

  3. #23
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DoXeS0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    37
    1
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post


    Has war base stats.
    Has 3 hard cc's and one giant soft cc.
    Has cc immunity.
    has mage level ability damage.
    Does near truedamage.
    Can go crit + lifesteal.
    Can peel for himself.
    Can instagib someone with his 1 stun + a crit.

    You were saying?

    Ofcourse, wouldn't expect much logical thinking from someone who has loki as main assassin.
    Hah funny. From "hurr hurr hunter main" to " loki main" . How does what god i play even count as an argument ? Oh right...that happens when you talk before you fact check and youre left with nothing else.

    Im sorry I must have missed the part where we stopped talking about hunters as a class and started talking about Anhur. Because I can counter with Jing Wei for example.
    Only CC is a knockup, thats it.

    Or Chiron, all hes got is the knockup when he runs over people and his slow on the 2.

    But all of this is irrelevant, because were discussing a class not every single god in the game.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,768
    10
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    10
    You said no hunter had everything I said, I proved you wrong, deal with it.

    Also never said you main loki, I said he's your main assassin.

    And anhur isn't the only bullshit character within the hunter class, the majority of them have too much cc + safe clearing + mobility + cc immunities + hitting like a truck with abiliies while having auto's that do 20% of your hp per hit, unless you're a guardian, all from range.

    Outside of thor and rat, they're better off then assassins, who are melee, and still they tend to bitch about other classes or how "hard" they have it.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

  5. #25
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    3 gods have a disarm which makes hard hitting auto attacks useless for a couple of seconds. 22 Gods have knock ups, meaning they can cancel any hunters (or any god's) attacks for a few seconds. 4 gods have a mesmerize allowing an enemy god to do nothing while mesmerized. And I could go on. Every CC move, which there are plenty out there, can help easily shut down a hunter. A good CC move can help close up those pesky auto attacks and a hunters "OP" utility. Their drawback is that most hunters cant take a CC move very well, like a stun, a mesmerize, a knock-up. It messes up their aim. That gives you time to finish them. You have to know how to counter the god in order to defeat the god. Just saying that they have utility and unlimited auto attacks that have range doesn't justify anything. They are just as easy to kill as any other type of god, IF you know how to counter them.
    So, because CC exists, hunters are null and void. By that reasoning, nothing that does damage can do damage. Anything can be CC'd. Anything can be locked down and made easier to juke. They're not as easy to kill as any other god because they have almost no weaknesses. This is not a difficult concept. What you say counters hunters applies to every single god.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    Let us all ignore the fact that arrows are the smallest projectile in the game. Who gives a shit about that pesky detail.

    Its not like mages have far larger areas of effect and range, which accounts for their cooldowns.
    Or assassins that need 2 seconds to take down a hunter..pfff ignore that part.


    Hunters are OP because when they HIT me with basic attacks I take a lot of dmg. Its almost as if theyre called Attack Damage Carry or something ! Despicable...


    Tl;dr dont get hit by AA -> problem solved
    Thank god HiRez doesnt listen to you, this game would be unplayable
    Yeah, mages kind of have CD's. That means they can only deal damage every 10-ish seconds or so, with a couple exceptions; and if they miss, they're fucked. Hunters can match a mage's burst without having this concern. Single-target or not, that's not balanced.

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    They don't even have low defenses. Their HP are somewhat on par with Assassins and Warriors, their magical protections are as high as everyone elses minus mages and their physical protections aren't far off either.
    Oh yeah, there's that shit. Seriously, where is the fairness here? If hunters are fine, so is Freya. Freya is not fine.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  6. #26
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    So, because CC exists, hunters are null and void. By that reasoning, nothing that does damage can do damage. Anything can be CC'd. Anything can be locked down and made easier to juke. They're not as easy to kill as any other god because they have almost no weaknesses. This is not a difficult concept. What you say counters hunters applies to every single god.



    Yeah, mages kind of have CD's. That means they can only deal damage every 10-ish seconds or so, with a couple exceptions; and if they miss, they're fucked. Hunters can match a mage's burst without having this concern. Single-target or not, that's not balanced.



    Oh yeah, there's that shit. Seriously, where is the fairness here? If hunters are fine, so is Freya. Freya is not fine.
    Freya is fine, I came to this conclusion recently after I got hit in the head by a mallet while drinking bleach.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  7. #27
    Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kebabland
    Posts
    2,730
    11
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Rep Power
    11
    i like that reloading idea. but i highly doubt it would happen. and freya at least has lack of immobility. a good amount of hunters dont have that issue, and has access to much better items for their role (remove poison star please)
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

    0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

  8. #28
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DoXeS0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    37
    1
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    You said no hunter had everything I said, I proved you wrong, deal with it.

    Also never said you main loki, I said he's your main assassin.

    And anhur isn't the only bullshit character within the hunter class, the majority of them have too much cc + safe clearing + mobility + cc immunities + hitting like a truck with abiliies while having auto's that do 20% of your hp per hit, unless you're a guardian, all from range.

    Outside of thor and rat, they're better off then assassins, who are melee, and still they tend to bitch about other classes or how "hard" they have it.
    Well since hunters apparently have so many advantages how come support is still a role ? Hunters have EVERYTHING, why are guardians still part of the game ?
    You bring up a god that has rarely been above A tier and think you won.

    Yes yes you are really obsessed over who I main, clearly thats relevant here.

    You know...Anhur is so great I wonder why I dont see him picked all the time. People must be so blind not to pick such a clearly overpowered god......


    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post

    Yeah, mages kind of have CD's. That means they can only deal damage every 10-ish seconds or so, with a couple exceptions; and if they miss, they're fucked. Hunters can match a mage's burst without having this concern. Single-target or not, that's not balanced.
    Im sorry you haven't discovered cdr yet, but it's really great. It lowers cooldowns below 10 seconds, and generally speaking high cd abilities are only dashes.

    Its FAR easier to miss as a hunter, also given that as you mentioned you can't hit more than one target at a time.

    Its all about tradeoffs really.
    Mages can hit up to 5 people with a single ability, hunters can hit a maximum of one with auto attacks.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,792
    9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    12
    For those who can't deal with hunters when it's actually ez af


  10. #30
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by DoXeS0 View Post
    Im sorry you haven't discovered cdr yet, but it's really great. It lowers cooldowns below 10 seconds, and generally speaking high cd abilities are only dashes.
    If you haven't noticed, CDR doesn't remove CD's. It still leaves several seconds wherein you can't deal large damage with your abilities. Meanwhile, hunters get to just keep on firing.

    Its FAR easier to miss as a hunter, also given that as you mentioned you can't hit more than one target at a time.
    Hunters also don't have all their eggs in one basket. If they miss or they don't quite get the kill, they can just try again immediately afterward. Mages can't say that.

    Its all about tradeoffs really.
    Mages can hit up to 5 people with a single ability, hunters can hit a maximum of one with auto attacks.
    Mages also can't heal reliably off their abilities, they don't have a warrior's base stats, and they're vulnerable after doing their damage because they have cooldowns.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •