Thread: Garuda, King of the Birds - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Garuda, King of the Birds - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

God Name: Garuda
    Title: King of the Birds
    Pantheon: Hindu
    Type: Physical, Melee
    Role: Warrior
    Pros: High Mobility, Medium Area Damage

art by me.

LORE:
    Of all the Birds in India, the fiercest and most terrifying of them all is also the most humble and smartest. Garuda, the great bird and mount of Vishnu the Preserver, was born to be a hero, a ruler, and a god. At the dawn of his life, the holy flames that burst from the egg of which he hatched terrified the gods as its intensity and heat was similar to that of flames foretold to end the world. However, the warm embrace of these flames are the cost of losing a mother's warmth.
    Before Garuda was born, his mother Vinata made a bet with her sister, a bet that she would lose. Scared for her life at the hand of her sister and the ten thousand snakes she has as children, she cowardly pried open one of her eggs before it was ready to hatch. Out came bursting Aruna, half alive, yet half deformed. There he cursed his mother to be a servant forever before vanishing away at the edge of the Sun's Dawn. Alone and terrified she bid her last egg farewell before serving a life of slavery. As Garuda hatched from his egg, he realized the fate that befell his mother, so he turned to the snakes for a compromise: his mother's freedom for the precious drink of immortality. The snakes agreed reluctantly, for the elixir will make them greater than that of gods.
    Garuda set forth on his quest, battling gods to reclaim the holy elixir. He vanquished the flames surrounding the potion, and mangled the two serpents guarding it with their lives. Finally, the potion was his. No god could possibly stop him, as they were all terrified of his rage and fury. On his way back, he was faced by Vishnu. However, rather than fighting, he presented an offer: to free his mother yet safely return the elixir, and he shall be glorified alongside Vishnu forevermore. With this he left Garuda to make the choice.
    He left the elixir before the Snakes but told them to make praises before drinking it. As they were praying, Garuda lifted his mother away from the snakes' whims and carried the elixir back to the gods. Alas the day is saved and he became known as the Killer of Serpents, King of the Birds, and the Mount of Vishnu. However, amidst the war between the gods, the serpents have captured Vinata once more. This time there will be no trickery, no deals, no deceitful trades: Garuda will live up to his name. He will slay all the serpents who wished to separate him from his mother's embrace.

PASSIVE: Mighty Courage
    Each time Garuda attacks an enemy, he gains a stack of Courage (double for enemy gods). Whenever he uses an ability, he consumes all his stacks and lowers the cooldown of his abilities. At maximum stacks (10 stacks), his next non-ultimate ability will be free of costs.
    Ability: Self
    Effect: Buff
    CDR: +3% each Stack
    Decay: -1 Stack when not active for 3s

ABILITY 1: Flight
    Garuda performs a dash that passes through walls and enemies. Allies that he passes through gain increased movement for a short duration.
    Ability: Directional Line
    Effect: Dash
    Distance: 50ft
    Increased Movement: +20/25/30/35/40% Movement for 2.5s
    Cost: 75
    Cooldown: 14s

ABILITY 2: Talon Strikes
    Garuda summons a line of talons to deal damage. When used successively, the talons grow and deal more damage.
    Ability: Directional Line
    Effect: Damage
    Damage: 45/55/65/75/85 (+50% PP)(+10% PP (max: +70% Bonus) for each Subsequent Hit)
    Cost: 20
    Cooldown: 3s (minimum of 1.5s)

ABILITY 3: Eagle Cry
    Garuda howls, fearing enemies in front of him while granting him increased power.
    Ability: Directional Cone
    Effect: Buff
    Fear: 1.5s
    Power Increase: 13/16/19/21/25% Increase for 5s
    Cost: 65
    Cooldown: 15s

ULTIMATE: Tempest Fields
    Garuda flaps his wings furiously, creating a storm in front of him that damages and knocks back enemies hit. He has increased movement and CC Immunity while channeling this ability.
    Ability: Directional Cone
    Effect: Damage + CC
    Damage: 100 (+1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0% Enemy's Max HP)(+25.0/27.5/30.0/32.5/35.0% PP) per second in the area
    Movement: +25% Movement
    Duration: 5s
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
    Cooldown: 95s

AUTHOR NOTES:
    Garuda is a warrior capable of keeping himself alive while dealing damage in the least possible time. His passive ability helps him deal continuous damage, and his form of sustain while in lane. Outside of it, he can easily maneuver in between lanes thanks to his Flight ability, allowing him to flank easily. What's more, in dire situations, the distance of the dash gives Garuda a safe distance between him and his enemies. Living up to his status quo as the Mount of Vishnu, Garuda can provide this boost of speed to allies around him, allowing them to flank with him, or catch up with his dash. In this way, Flight also serves as an initiating ability.
    His second ability is interesting in that it is a spammable ability. It has a relatively low cooldown with decent damage dealt. As King of the Birds, he commands his holy talons to strike up enemies in his path. The more times you spam this ability, the greater the damage increase.
    His third ability reflects the terrifying nature that he has, enough to scare the gods themselves. Nothing to fear, it is only him yawning from the boredum of this fight.
    His ultimate transforms the field into a stormy abyss for a duration, damaging and knocking back any enemy caught in the path by a short distance. He can use this to corner them into favorable walls or gather enemies into a certain location. Either way, they'll have a hard time getting out of it.
    Last edited by redmist456; 02-18-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Member Follower KingDiamondZone's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Love the Hindu panthon, but I doubt any new gods will be added. Last one was Ravana, and that was almost 2 years ago.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDiamondZone View Post
    Love the Hindu panthon, but I doubt any new gods will be added. Last one was Ravana, and that was almost 2 years ago.
    Don't be ridiculous... it's already been confirmed that they're working on a new hindu god for this year

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    Don't be ridiculous... it's already been confirmed that they're working on a new hindu god for this year
    Sorry about that. I didn't hear about that until late last night. Sorry for the mistake!

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Can I get the link to where the next Hindu Gods are posted. Thanks

Finally, the Hindu Pantheon are getting some love again. It has been a while. A long while. I'm so happy that they were not forgotten by both the devs and the community.

Feedback on Garuda? Thanks
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    i like how you made a skill that's meant to be super spammy, but i feel like his overall ability damage may not be much, he only gets it out of his 2. For his flight ability by not add another self buff to it? so even if he doesn't have much ability damage outside of his 2 he can buff his auto damage, like maybe a temp frost bound hammer type of buff, "After flight he uses his feathers that fall off in his auto attacks hitting points in the enemies body slowing them" or something(just a suggestion). It's a nice kit concept.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    Can I get the link to where the next Hindu Gods are posted. Thanks

Finally, the Hindu Pantheon are getting some love again. It has been a while. A long while. I'm so happy that they were not forgotten by both the devs and the community.

Feedback on Garuda? Thanks
    We don't have a list of posted gods, but Hi-Rez has said they will be revisiting the pantheon this year. Smite Datamining, however, has revealed that Ganesha will b coming this year. Just came in today.
    Last edited by KingDiamondZone; 02-23-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    My Concepts
    "I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

RIP Old Bacchus

I will always love you