Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5 man premades should NEVER be matched against all solos.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianHawk View Post
    Supreme double standard, you guys are choosing to Solo queue CQ/ Clash/ Siege all team oriented game types (Arena/Assault/Random are up in the air) You want 1 minute queue times for games but you also want to be in your own tier of SOLO only players running around with their heads cut off, the fact is thats unreasonable. they just had to add an algorithm so that oceanic could even get into games because thats how few people they have over there, and so they come over to our side for queues at times. The fact clans queue up just to test builds, run new team members, do trials, and practice. It doesnt mean that their try hard because you cant beat them, it just begs the question, why arent you teaming up with like minded people to take clans out?
    So basically you are a premade supporter who hates solo players and wants the game to die?

Because throwing new players against all premades which with the terrible matchmaking in this game does happen, it will kill the game faster than the stupidity will.

Premades should be forced into games with people of their team size. Saying it's "fair" and "ok" for 5 man teams to be ground against all solos, is well stupidity. I'd use a far less pleasant term but I'd rather not be banned from the forums.

Bottom line is, premade defenders like yourself are gonna get the game KILLED before it's done, because all you are doing is encouraging Hi-rez's anti-solo player agenda.

Junior Member Cupidhead ObsidianHawk's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Xros View Post
    So basically you are a premade supporter who hates solo players and wants the game to die?

Because throwing new players against all premades which with the terrible matchmaking in this game does happen, it will kill the game faster than the stupidity will.

Premades should be forced into games with people of their team size. Saying it's "fair" and "ok" for 5 man teams to be ground against all solos, is well stupidity. I'd use a far less pleasant term but I'd rather not be banned from the forums.

Bottom line is, premade defenders like yourself are gonna get the game KILLED before it's done, because all you are doing is encouraging Hi-rez's anti-solo player agenda.
    Terrible matchmaking is an excuse, the algorithm for finding players can only work with the pool of people that queue up at that time, and so you either are willing to wait 10 minutes to queue a solo only team or accept that some times u can run up against 3/4/5 team premades.

You seem to think that people that group up together need to be "Forced" to fight only other grouped up people only as though grouping has any basis on skill level, which it does not. Your choosing to play a team oriented game with no team yourself and your asking about fairness in CQ? this isnt call of duty you either know what your doing or you dont.

Anyone who complains that they dont like being "jumped on" by premade teams is just making an excuse for not creating a team themselves or grouping up, do i feel that there should be a caveat for people who are not Level 30 in the game and queueing matches? sure anything outside of that your joining games solo at your own risk.

This whining about needing Hi-Rez to coddle you is pointless, you can have an Esports player queue solo and body the entire time SOLO so what does it matter if the team he fights is 3 deep in joust? I have many times beat premades 2 on 3 in joust just because me and my friend knew what we needed to do.

Edit: done it with randoms as well who just knew what to do.
    Last edited by ObsidianHawk; 02-23-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianHawk View Post
    Terrible matchmaking is an excuse, the algorithm for finding players can only work with the pool of people that queue up at that time, and so you either are willing to wait 10 minutes to queue a solo only team or accept that some times u can run up against 3/4/5 team premades.

You seem to think that people that group up together need to be "Forced" to fight only other grouped up people only as though grouping has any basis on skill level, which it does not. Your choosing to play a team oriented game with no team yourself and your asking about fairness in CQ? this isnt call of duty you either know what your doing or you dont.

Anyone who complains that they dont like being "jumped on" by premade teams is just making an excuse for not creating a team themselves or grouping up, do i feel that there should be a caveat for people who are not Level 30 in the game and queueing matches? sure anything outside of that your joining games solo at your own risk.

This whining about needing Hi-Rez to coddle you is pointless, you can have an Esports player queue solo and body the entire time SOLO so what does it matter if the team he fights is 3 deep in joust? I have many times beat premades 2 on 3 in joust just because me and my friend knew what we needed to do.

Edit: done it with randoms as well who just knew what to do.
    I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. If I had to wait 10+ minutes to ensure a game where I didn't get matched against a 4 or 5 man premade, I'd GLADLY take it with zero complaints.

Here is the problem, I stick to ranked CQ, so premades aren't a problem there. It's the other modes in casual where the premade problem for me at least arises. I have one other person who I play this with and he doesn't like ranked or CQ so we play the other modes. We continually get matched against full premades as if they are the only people available, which I refuse to believe.

What I am saying is that a 5 man premade, should have to go through stages of searching, it starts at 5 man, then goes to 4, and then as a last resort 3. That way those groups never get matched against 2 man or solos, to ensure a fair and balanced playing field. If you tell me well "It's fair, it's their fault they queued solo in a team game" you are an ignorant person. There is nothing fair about throwing all solos against a 5 man. NOTHING.

The thing is, not everyone has the means to group with people. If I queue solo it means that well as I said I only have one other person who plays this, so yeah. I shouldn't be punished for playing a game I enjoy because hi-rez is apparently too dumb to fix their matchmaking.

Coddle me? Are you listening to yourself? Hi-rez coddles the premades, that's why this topic exists, hi-rez allows premades to be matched against anything because they HATE solo players. But try again.

Junior Member Cupidhead ObsidianHawk's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Xros View Post
    I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. If I had to wait 10+ minutes to ensure a game where I didn't get matched against a 4 or 5 man premade, I'd GLADLY take it with zero complaints.

Here is the problem, I stick to ranked CQ, so premades aren't a problem there. It's the other modes in casual where the premade problem for me at least arises. I have one other person who I play this with and he doesn't like ranked or CQ so we play the other modes. We continually get matched against full premades as if they are the only people available, which I refuse to believe.

What I am saying is that a 5 man premade, should have to go through stages of searching, it starts at 5 man, then goes to 4, and then as a last resort 3. That way those groups never get matched against 2 man or solos, to ensure a fair and balanced playing field. If you tell me well "It's fair, it's their fault they queued solo in a team game" you are an ignorant person. There is nothing fair about throwing all solos against a 5 man. NOTHING.

The thing is, not everyone has the means to group with people. If I queue solo it means that well as I said I only have one other person who plays this, so yeah. I shouldn't be punished for playing a game I enjoy because hi-rez is apparently too dumb to fix their matchmaking.

Coddle me? Are you listening to yourself? Hi-rez coddles the premades, that's why this topic exists, hi-rez allows premades to be matched against anything because they HATE solo players. But try again.

im not quite sure why your still making the comment about Premades, : " What I am saying is that a 5 man premade, should have to go through stages of searching, it starts at 5 man, then goes to 4, and then as a last resort 3. That way those groups never get matched against 2 man or solos, to ensure a fair and balanced playing field. If you tell me well "It's fair, it's their fault they queued solo in a team game" you are an ignorant person. There is nothing fair about throwing all solos against a 5 man. NOTHING."

if you queue up a 3-5 man team you are more then likely going to match up against a premade team in the same relative skill range, but as i stated earlier this works on the basis of WHO queue's up at the current time that you do ,if theres 100 people queued into Joust that are all solo queued their not gonna make a premade 3 person group wait 15 minutes just because their in a party thats ridiculous.

you say you wouldnt care about waiting 10 min per match for solo queue and i call bullshit on that too, but maybe that would be a little bit more credible a suggestion for the game, a Solo Queue only mode ie: mercenary from COD, but this has been a witch hunt about how "Bad" their queue system is because you dont like that you can be solo and a 3-5 man group sweeps you in whatever.

I look at it as whining, because my "team" isnt some pre-esports group of people hellbent on trying their hardest to crush people in a match, but thats all you seem to think a premade team is, like holy crap 5 people can come together at one point in the day, and play a game and all be apart of one clan, to either try out builds and what have you, and yeah depending on the skill of the individuals the team can seem really strong, but thats the strength of making a team. If you wanna divide unranked even more into a Solo Only queue then sure, go ahead and make that post.

Achievements:
    Unranked is a cesspool already, a solo queue would make it slightly better. Here is the issue, that stages of searching is for a 5 man group. A 3 man group would start at 3, then drop to 2, then solos. Like a 4 man group would start at 4, then 3 then 2.

As for the 10 minute per queue, I wouldn't mind, I do other things while queueing as it is, so it wouldn't bug me.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    The issue isn't Solo vs Premade. The issue is communication. As a predominantly console and solo queue player, the one thing I notice most is that almost NO ONE uses the voice chat system to try and communicate to make plays with their randoms. It's hardly a wonder that a team who's calling out enemy positions and deciding when to do a three man rotation can take out 2-3 of your guys almost every other play. Now, of course, someone would probably argue that if it's all solos vs all solos, this fixes that issue (though actually communicating with your team isn't an issue...). However, what happens then when you go against an all solo team as an all solo team, and then their team actually begins communicating? A team of randoms making rotations, calling out ganks, signalling when to clear camps together, placing wards for jungle presence, etc. would most likely outperform a team of randoms doing their own thing the whole game unless your randoms are just legitimately the better players as a whole (but still, two better players would still end up losing a 5 on 2 encounter as long as you're all about the same levels). Your suggestion does nothing to fix the underlying issue that in a team based game, you're not even trying to work as team; you'd rather face a team with the same mindset or handicap than improve your own mindset and play style. That may seem mean or unfair, but it's simply true.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    people don't generally use the game chat because, surprise, people are idiots and mute their team mates because "they know what they are doing".

and vgs are as bad if not worse, as you constantly get "you rock" "cancel that" spammed for making a simple mistake, even if you aren't entirely at fault.
    (example; went into a conquest where i played the adc, and for reasons i can't fathom, we had two mages, a warrior, an assassin, and myself rocking hunter. so i somehow ended up alone in the duo lane because of this idiocy, and thus suffered for it because I can't exactly deal with two gods by myself early game for long periods of time. a minute or two yeah, cause i know help is on its way...not pretty much the entire match, which was 15 min long since we surrendered, cause we had no chance of winning once our only sorta tank decided to rage quit)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack