Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are the best players the most toxic ones?

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 570
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Haha yeh I've seen a lot of Fenrir whiners, it's something about that God, same with Kulkakan now that I think about it, Tyr too sometimes.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    lol fenrir is prolly cuz they see ppl diving and shit and basically doing whatever they want not realizing the timing, full runes, he needs to be built brawler style with a few def items, how to level his abilities, etc etc

there are fair number of assassins that ppl can't seem to grasp the fact that u only need 1 point into their ulty until u max out 1 or 2 other abilities or hell even the whole kit before the ulty.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Fenrir players cry because they don't realize that while Brutalize is amazing pre level 12, it leaves you vulnerable and CC\Ult bait after that when team fights start. People don't understand that later on, it is only there to get away\clean up. He plays differently based on what phase of the game you are in...
    Remember The Manticore

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Fenrir players cry because they don't realize that while Brutalize is amazing pre level 12, it leaves you vulnerable and CC\Ult bait after that when team fights start. People don't understand that later on, it is only there to get away\clean up. He plays differently based on what phase of the game you are in...
    agreed

and please ppl grabbing sumone and standing still with him makes for easy feeding your mage and hunter.

mid game... when u start building defense and become the initiator for team fights, there's a reason ragnarok doubles ur protections at full runes. and blink on him is, imo, a must for that reason. bulwark and Mantle of discord together make it easier to get away alive.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevurn View Post
    This is what I've seen the most too. The other night I was playing Joust with a Fenrir and Anubis. The Fenrir was playing really bad. He kept jumping into the enemy team 1v3 and getting himself killed and spamming "You rock". Even when me and the Anubis were dead and on respawn (because the Fenrir just wasn't helping us defend our tower so we got killed 2v3) the Fenrir goes and jumps into all 3 of them, dies and spams "You rock you rock, cancel that" whilst we were both on respawn. What the hell does he think we can do if we're dead on respawn?

The Anubis told him to be quiet a few times but then just ignored the Fenrir after he kept making the most stupid mistakes and getting himself killed all the time.
    Game of assault today, everytime the hades on my team died all we got was 'thanks' then 'help!'. Was total garbage as a player, and the worst part was that a lot of his deaths came from the enemy teams Thanatos' execute. What kind of dumbfuck thinks we can prevent him getting executed? Like seriously wtf
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Member Follower Xx Threshold xX's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    The answer to the original ask is all a matter of perspective in what you consider "the best".
    ...I'm a 2,000 hrs in player and to me, the "best players" are those that;

• go into matches knowing that some things are going to go wrong
    • own up to their own mistakes instead of blaming other people
    • know how to adjust and take unplanned events into stride
    • know better than to expect random players to build or play a certain way; regardless of how standard the expectation is
    • only use emotes for match related callouts (like enemy missing) and team encouragement (good luck, woohoo, thanks! etc)

People that can do some if not all of these? Those are THE BEST players; I don't care if you go 2 and 10. ...it's a heck of a lot easier to help someone get better at the game than it is to teach someone how to not act like human scum (or even make them realize they're doing it in the first place since Losers always have excuses or justifications for everything they do, when confronted.)

On the other side of that, I don't care if someone goes 25 and 3, has a diamond god(s), and plays flawlessly; if they immediately start emote spamming someone for mistakes, throwing up surrenders the first time things don't look good and so on...
    ...that is a loser. That is not even a good player, let alone the best.

It's irrelevant to me (and others like me) what their records/scoreboards look like. Nothing gives anyone else the right to treat someone else like crap or even just be sarcastic with emotes. ...if they were so "great" or such a better player - they shouldn't have been matched with you in the first place, regardless of ranked, casual, or mode (hard resets notwithstanding..thanks for that btw Hi-Rez -___- ).

I'm ABSOLUTELY no angel or perfect in this regard - I have my bad days and definitely throw salt sometimes, yell, and get frustrated with teammates same as anyone else. The only difference is I keep it to myself/mute myself/throw music on, etc. My teammates almost never know I'm upset with them - randos or not, UNLESS they come at me with any of that crap mentioned above, that is.

The tl;dr (sorry!) summary is;

"Winners forget that they are in a race; they just love to run."
    -Joe Pesci, "With Honors" (Movie)

...the world is tough enough because some people have no consideration for each other and can't see past themselves or their own problems. Games (online or otherwise) are a place where we're supposed to not have to deal with a lot of that crap. ...it used to be, at least.
    Last edited by Xx Threshold xX; 03-03-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Either try to work with your team or get used to dying alone; That's SMITE, friends. That's the Golden Rule. Everything else is negotiable.

X Mastery; Isis, Skadi, Thor, Cabrakan, Fenrir, Bellona, Hou Yi, Mercury, Chaac, Nu Wa, Thanatos