Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Hel nerfed to an unplayable level

  1. #101
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Why are so many of these "omg this god is unplayable now" threads frequented by people who are pissed that they suck at the god they want to main?
    Well... Because anyone who thinks a god is unplayable just inherently sucks. I can't think of a single god that is "Unplayable". Some might take a bit more effort to do well with, but there's no god that just sucks so badly that they're a detriment to play (I mean, even Loki can work against people who counter him. He won't be amazing but he won't be "Unplayable")
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  2. #102
    Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,682
    11
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Hel is bad. She has two major utilities that others don't have, but lacks any safety.

    Why take Hel when you can get Guan solo or Chang'e mid.?

    If hel gets ganked, she dies. No questions asked. She.will.die. gods like Nemesis and Serqet eat her for lunch. She has no way to peel for herself, and gets screwed because of it.

    Chang'e can negate any and all abilities in the game, the only exclusions being player made structures. These include : Thor Wall, Ymir wall, Ring of Spears, Monolith. She also can turn the engage with a stun under tower. Not to mention the fact that she gets mobemt when she uses abilities.

    Guan is naturally tanky, and can heal through a lot. He does offer two escape options in his dash and ult.

    Okay, Hel isn't safe. What about her damage! That's great, right?

    Chang'e offers very good damage on short and spammy cooldowns. She is less skills both reliant, so her damage is also easier to confirm. She also doesn't have to choose between damage or healing, like Hel does. (Light stance 1).

    Guan offers solid damage, though he's only really scary if unfathomably ahead. He does offer more damage to his team Via shred.


    Okay then, what about character specific utilities! This is where Hel shines!

    Well, not really. Her movement speed is good, and it is applicable, but not as strong as it's made out to be. The times her movement is useful are-

    1.When you are rotating
    2.when you need to rush to lane or an objective
    3.disengaging a team fight
    4.Chasing post teamfight.

    Amaterasu offers the same thing, hell, I want a strat with both hel and ama with Mercury. ;-;

    Her cleanse is fairly niche, really. It has good uses, but you rarely get enough cleanses and saves with it to warrant the Hel pick.

    What about Chang'e? Well, she has a unique utility in herself. Her bunny being able to negate the need to back let's her constantly roam and farm, stacking insane leads on your opponent .

    She has one of the dumbest teamfight ults.

    Guan offers his shreds, and an AOE stun.

    Both of these gods have burst heals, which are unquestionably better than a HoT. Hel has a bully matchup into the likes of Anubis because she can put Hot on the minions and heal them though grasping hands.

    Tl;Dr, there is still no reason to pick hel over other healers. She can work, but as a situational with your comp centered around her.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Hel is bad. She has two major utilities that others don't have, but lacks any safety.

    Build her safe then. And, I don't understand what you mean with "two major utilities that other's don't have" here.

    Why take Hel when you can get Guan solo or Chang'e mid.?

    Because does have two healing abilities, safe range/poke/clear, low CDs and much more teamutility than the above two?


    If hel gets ganked, she dies. No questions asked. She.will.die. gods like Nemesis and Serqet eat her for lunch. She has no way to peel for herself, and gets screwed because of it.

    Don't build her as a squishball, use wards, it is easier than ever, keep your eyes on the map, have your team keeping eyes on the map and also, getting ganked as Hel is far less disastrous as people make it out to be except when it's one of the insta-kill gods like Thor or Thanatos (and even then it's no guarantee, especially if you see them coming).

    And, of course, then there is the fact that out of the 8 or so maps we have, only one puts you in effective positions to ever getting ganked in a way that makes you question your chances to get out alive regulary.


    Chang'e can negate any and all abilities in the game, the only exclusions being player made structures. These include : Thor Wall, Ymir wall, Ring of Spears, Monolith. She also can turn the engage with a stun under tower. Not to mention the fact that she gets mobemt when she uses abilities.

    Not sure what the point is you are trying to make here. Chang'e has her 2, sure, that is one of her qualities. That does not turn her into "I can never be killed" free card to play, neither does her ultimate.


    Guan is naturally tanky, and can heal through a lot. He does offer two escape options in his dash and ult.

    But his heal doesn't truly come online for quite a while because it isn't the first skill he maxes out unlike Hel who rushes both. And Guan Yu is a melee character who actually has to hug the enemy minions in order to damage them, what do you get from comparing him to Hel?


    Okay, Hel isn't safe. What about her damage! That's great, right?

    Hel is still much safer than the above gods if only for the fact that she can clear many times more safely than the above and also comes with much more base MS starting level 2.


    Chang'e offers very good damage on short and spammy cooldowns. She is less skills both reliant, so her damage is also easier to confirm. She also doesn't have to choose between damage or healing, like Hel does. (Light stance 1).

    CHang'e has two damage abilities, one on a 5 second cooldown, one on a 10 second cooldown and, of course, her ultimate, with neither of these abilities having stellar base damage or scaling. Her Ultimate on a 90 second CD exists and even that does not truly deal lots of damage.

    Hel has 3 damaging abilities, two on 8 seconds, one on 10 seconds if memory serves. Both dark abilities hit for far more than Chang'es abilities, especially when taking her passive into account. Her light 1 a little bit less of course. And Hels abilities are piss easy to hit with. Her least important damaging skill is also the one that is the hardest to hit. And you never really have to "choose" ever between having two options in the sense that you can just use all options you have available anyway.


    Guan offers solid damage, though he's only really scary if unfathomably ahead. He does offer more damage to his team Via shred.

    Did you know that Hel has Protection Shred as well? Guan Yu has 30 (of both schools) against Hels 25 (magical), but she also brings some power or protections and some MP/5. Guan Yu is losing this one.


    Okay then, what about character specific utilities! This is where Hel shines!

    Well, not really. Her movement speed is good, and it is applicable, but not as strong as it's made out to be. The times her movement is useful are-

    1.When you are rotating
    2.when you need to rush to lane or an objective
    3.disengaging a team fight
    4.Chasing post teamfight.

    Amaterasu offers the same thing, hell, I want a strat with both hel and ama with Mercury. ;-;

    Amaterasu only offers her speed boost as an aura that is not online at every time and also is limited to a small aura while also needing you to actually put skill points into it for full potencial. Hel gets the full 25% starting rank 1, it comes on a long lasting six second buff for all people benefiting from it and the cast itself has a fairly big range.

    And MS has more uses than just the ones listed above.


    Her cleanse is fairly niche, really. It has good uses, but you rarely get enough cleanses and saves with it to warrant the Hel pick.

    I'll be honest with you, I ain't using her cleanse to full potencial either. That is not because the ability is weak or flawed but because I suck. That did not stop me from actually having success using the ability or having others see having success with it. For example, I had a game in Arena that one time and my team was utterly shattered only because the enemy hel was a champion at negating every instance of hard CC we had with her 2. I was Xing Tian in that game and I was basicly useless forever.


    What about Chang'e? Well, she has a unique utility in herself. Her bunny being able to negate the need to back let's her constantly roam and farm, stacking insane leads on your opponent .

    The rabbit is indeed great and I love him, but outside of Conquest, his usefulness is mitigated and inside a fight, his usefulness is not present.

    She has one of the dumbest teamfight ults.

    That she has, but aside from that, she does not have much with impact.

    Guan offers his shreds, and an AOE stun.

    Hel offers shreds and an AOE anti-stun.

    Both of these gods have burst heals, which are unquestionably better than a HoT.

    Hel has a burst heal and a hot. We could also argue about Guan Yus full healing potencial being tied to his passive.

    Hel has a bully matchup into the likes of Anubis because she can put Hot on the minions and heal them though grasping hands.

    This is an awkward argument to make for quite a couple reasons.

    Tl;Dr, there is still no reason to pick hel over other healers. She can work, but as a situational with your comp centered around her.
    As you can see, you find me disagreeing with you.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  4. #104
    Member Follower Keneticam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    197
    3
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Honestly, I disagree with OP. Hel is far more playable in Season 4 than she ever was in Season 3. Yes, her team and self-healing took a nerf(as all healing did), but I find that I am able to perform FAR BETTER now than I was before. I'm much tankier thanks to the increase in her base health, added protections to her light stance, safer wave clear, AND new items like "Shield of Regrowth" that works wonders on her. While she can heal, that can no longer be ones main focus when playing her.

    And im fine with the trade off cause I feel sooooooo much safer now. I don't have to be babysat anymore. It's so much easier to survive now thanks to the accumulation of all the things I stated above. I don't need outrageous heals to survive anymore. The heals I have now, I see as an added perk to my already pretty sweet survive-ability. With my current maxed out Hel build, I usually end up with over 3000 Health. Same with Aphrodite.

    Only things I'd like would be for the light 1 to be able to be used and healed off the minions and enemy gods again. but its not necessary. PLUS, there seems to be a strange lag sometimes when trying to quickly switch stances in the middle of a fight. Not sure if my reaction is just slow or its some kind of bug.

    Look for me by moonlight ✡

    My Concepts
    Narcissus, The Cursed Flower

  5. #105
    Senior Member Chosen zitagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Posts
    1,325
    11
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Why are so many of these "omg this god is unplayable now" threads frequented by people who are pissed that they suck at the god they want to main?
    Because it's easier to blame the god being bad than maybe, JUST MAYBE, admit that the player itself is not that good with the god. Why do you think I have to deal with those stupid Nu Wa cultists saying how she needs 10 buffs to be viable?
    Genie of the Forum!

    Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

    Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

  6. #106
    Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,792
    9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    13
    Regarding how bad Hel is and Nu Wa

    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/yunerity

  7. #107
    Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kebabland
    Posts
    2,730
    11
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Rep Power
    11
    meh why we, as a forum, just ignore those who call hel bad and unplayable when they say that? why cant we achieve world peace that way?
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

    0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

  8. #108
    New Member Cupidhead lXIZ3R0IXl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3
    1
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Honetly... aside from her potion level heal ticks, all she needs is to have her light stance 1 reverted and she'd be fine.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    meh why we, as a forum, just ignore those who call hel bad and unplayable when they say that? why cant we achieve world peace that way?
    Because they are louder than us and HiRez listens to them, thus, they actively ruin the game.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  10. #110
    Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kebabland
    Posts
    2,730
    11
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Because they are louder than us and HiRez listens to them, thus, they actively ruin the game.
    well im at least sure hirez doesnt listen to forums at least since we tend to be vocal minority. on reddit and others tho i would definitely agree.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

    0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •