Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 115

Thread: Hel nerfed to an unplayable level

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead Backward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Rep Power
    0

    Hel nerfed to an unplayable level

    I don't understand why they would nerf Hel so hard. She was rarely played before. If anyone got Ruin or Beatstick, her 3 wouldn't heal hard enough to negate the damage she took from getting close enough to use it in dark form.... Now they've gotten rid of her 1's heal unless she's hitting an ally, AND they've nerf'd her 3 heal into the ground so if the enemy even cares to build beatsick against her pitiful healing, she'll be 90% worthless. She has no chance of 1v1ing ANY god in the game. GG Hi-Rez.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Honoured Reklia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    888
    8
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    I played her yesterday in cooldowns runneth over and was shocked at her 3's healing, its barely there! No wonder I don't see her anymore. As you said she was rare before the nerf but virtually non existent now :l

  3. #3
    Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,768
    10
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    10
    Wolfy carries hard with Hel in diamond ranked cq, seems to me Hel is just fine if people can make her work there.

    Out of his last 7 Hel games, he won 5 with scores like 8/0/0, 13/3/10, 10/1/8, 9/4/11 and 13/2/6
    Last edited by Nalessa; 02-14-2017 at 04:42 AM.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    11
    I'll be honest, I rarely saw Hel outside of random god select modes, and when I did, when people played her of their own volition, she seemed fine. This opinion has not changed based on what I've seen in season 4.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  5. #5
    New Member Cupidhead Backward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Rep Power
    0
    This post was more for people who actually, you know, play Hel. Not people that heard of a guy who plays her, or once watched this one guy play her. Her 3 doesn't really heal anymore, if she's effected by beatstick/ruin it practically won't, it's not like it has a super fast CD. And now that her 1 no longer heals off enemy targets she has no hope of winning any 1v1's.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    This post was more for people who actually, you know, play Hel. Not people that heard of a guy who plays her, or once watched this one guy play her. Her 3 doesn't really heal anymore, if she's effected by beatstick/ruin it practically won't, it's not like it has a super fast CD. And now that her 1 no longer heals off enemy targets she has no hope of winning any 1v1's.
    Thats kind of the point of anti heal. It affects all healers in a similar fashion. Hel is no exception.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  7. #7
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Meanwhile... I still wreck face when I play Hel.

    But then again, I don't play her as a healbot. Never have. I always played her as a Mage primarily and off-healer secondarily.

    Her 3 is not the best heal in the game, but it does help top people up. Her 1 can give someone a nice blast of health too.

    But really, I play her focused more on literally every other ability she has. 70% scaling on her dark 3, 50% scaling on her offensive 1's, prot shred on her dark 2 (With a slow to boot) and AoE beads on her light 2.

    I build her for damage and destroy on her. Enemy team goes full out on anti-heal with Pestilence, Divine and Brawlers? I DGAF because I'm not entirely reliant on my heals for my sole worth.

    It's not uncommon for me to outheal Aphro's while still being top damage and getting great KDA's.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead Backward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Meanwhile... I still wreck face when I play Hel.

    But then again, I don't play her as a healbot. Never have. I always played her as a Mage primarily and off-healer secondarily.

    Her 3 is not the best heal in the game, but it does help top people up. Her 1 can give someone a nice blast of health too.

    But really, I play her focused more on literally every other ability she has. 70% scaling on her dark 3, 50% scaling on her offensive 1's, prot shred on her dark 2 (With a slow to boot) and AoE beads on her light 2.

    I build her for damage and destroy on her. Enemy team goes full out on anti-heal with Pestilence, Divine and Brawlers? I DGAF because I'm not entirely reliant on my heals for my sole worth.

    It's not uncommon for me to outheal Aphro's while still being top damage and getting great KDA's.
    I have never played her as a primary healer either. I build Thoth first item. lol. But even with BoV and Void Stone as a small protection boost any person in any high level of gameplay knows better than to let a hel get close enough to do damage to them without punishing her, and now she can't quite heal up that punishment.

  9. #9
    New Member Cupidhead Backward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    1
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Thats kind of the point of anti heal. It affects all healers in a similar fashion. Hel is no exception.
    You're not quite understanding the point. Unlike Aphro, Hel actually has to put herself in harms way to do damage and clear minions. Also, compared to Aprho's healing, Hel's is abysmal. Aprho also has her ult and a stun to back up her kit. Hel is all about getting in, doing damage, and getting out by being able to keep herself alive with her heals. Which she can no longer do effectively even without the effect of brawlers or ruin. The main kicker was Hi-Rez basically taking away her light stance 1 in 1v1 scenarios which was a big reason she stayed alive. Now that they've nerf'd her 3 along with it, she has no chance.

  10. #10
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward View Post
    You're not quite understanding the point. Unlike Aphro, Hel actually has to put herself in harms way to do damage and clear minions. Also, compared to Aprho's healing, Hel's is abysmal. Aprho also has her ult and a stun to back up her kit. Hel is all about getting in, doing damage, and getting out by being able to keep herself alive with her heals. Which she can no longer do effectively even without the effect of brawlers or ruin. The main kicker was Hi-Rez basically taking away her light stance 1 in 1v1 scenarios which was a big reason she stayed alive. Now that they've nerf'd her 3 along with it, she has no chance.
    "She has no chance"

    Except... I still make her work.

    Weird.

    I rely on mobility instead of healing now. What with Shield of Regrowth being amazing. 65% speed when you 3? Amazing.

    Having to get close to wave clear? Her dark 1 is pretty decent for clear and is usable at range. Especially since its buff.

    Honestly, I think it's a L2P issue.

    I have no problems with Hel. As I say, I never really relied on her heals so adapting to not rely on them is second nature. She still has 10-14s CD Beads and a 25% speed boost in her kit. Even if her heals aren't as guaranteed because now anti-heal items aren't trash (Outside of Brawler's which has always been good)

    Not to mention, the only self sustain she lost is on her 1. Her 3 is still exactly the same at healing her as pre-patch. It still burst heals her. But I personally think that this has been made up by allowing her to access Shield of Regrowth..
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •