View Poll Results: Should There Be Player-Moderators?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • No

4 30.77%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Player-Moderators'

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

'Player-Moderators'

So there have been a few games that I've played in my days, primarily Infinite Crisis(RIP) that had in-game "Player-Moderators". These people had no actual true powers, they couldn't ban and or do anything of the sort; But they were very valuable in dealing with individual issues without it ever being obvious.

If players knew that there was someone in their match that was able to act according to how punishments should be given out, they'd never act like they do without those people there. So many players in SMITE think that they can get away with "trolling" individuals in order to get a reaction out of them just so they can then report them. I've seen this happen with three man groups that specifically target and harass an individual in order to illicit a reaction, and when they get said reaction they push that individual even harder so that they go above what they'd already said or done; And then report them and ask for the enemy team to do so at the end of the match.

If you had players that had no official power, but had direct connection to staff that can give out bans and suspensions, then these individuals would act as essentially 'secret shoppers'. These individuals would be able to take screen-shots and or just talk to a staff member directly, and that staff member would know that this individual isn't just saying something in order to get another player in trouble. This would alleviate some of the false reports that come in, and it would also create a less toxic environment over time.

I myself have had this happen where a player targets me(most recently because I asked them to stop spamming the VGS), and starts harassing me directly. Naturally I muted said player, but there were two other individuals(who didn't have clan tags) that began targeting me for the duration of the game. At the end of the match, the players all in unison said "report xxxx" and claimed that I was toxic, etc. Knowing I'd been reported by at least three individuals, I went and checked their profiles and history; Low and behold they've played together the last seven matches over the last four days. I'm certain I'm not the only one they've done this very thing to, and they likely are looking to try and make people rage-quit so that they can report them for abandoning.

I know for a fact as well, that I'm not the only one who has had this happen to them. There are plenty of good, well mannered and very observant people that play SMITE, and if the staff had a little assistance from players like these individuals then their jobs would be made much easier.

Achievements:
    This needs more attention. And a poll. Let's add that dumbass(talking to myself).

Banned Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i didnt even read this and i agree 100%.

maybe they could actually do something about the offensive troll clan tags like "fggts" "homos" "gay" "niggr"

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaCuckold View Post
    i didnt even read this and i agree 100%.

maybe they could actually do something about the offensive troll clan tags like "fggts" "homos" "gay" "niggr"
    That's not even the biggest issue. Read the second to the last paragraph I wrote. That's the biggest issue, is players that don't deserve punishments being punished because of people who are grouped and like to make people rage in order to have a 'reason' to report them.

Achievements:
    Bump to get this to the top so it can be voted on.

Achievements:
    Eighty plus views and only three votes?! Come on guys, the only way for things like this to occur and be done is for people to share their opinions and let Hi-Rez know what we think..

Banned Senior Cupidhead
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    just imagine how much more of a pleasant experience it would be if people knew that being toxic and offensive was actually punishable.

Achievements:
    Just imagine how much better SMITE would be without the trolls who come from other games when they get suspended there for bad mouthing, and find that it doesn't really happen in SMITE.

Junior Member Cupidhead Semicolon10's Avatar
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    This needs more attention, like, Hi-Rez please this is a great idea.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Semicolon10 View Post
    This needs more attention, like, Hi-Rez please this is a great idea.
    Right? I'm not even saying that I, or anyone I know should be one of these people; However the idea itself is very good. There are PLENTY of good players that I've played with multiple times that are respectful and GOOD players skill-wise. They play regularly and would be a very good addition to keeping SMITE toxic free.