Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and Mouse support for consoles

New Member Cupidhead Campanella JC's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382

Keyboard and Mouse support for consoles

Why can't there be Keyboards and mouses used on console! This game was made on PC so it's not even rocket science.
    Xbox developers are just lazy! But this can be a massive opportunity for Smite to sit on top of the Microsoft kingdom again again and show how incredibly innovative they are by being the first to use this technology on Xbox one!

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    to be fair, as far as i know, xbox has keyboard support for its console...has for quite some time now.

mouse support, that i have no idea

it isn't the devs...it is the tech crew, they need to figured out how to intergrate the support into the system.

the issue here is that a mouse is, for the pc, the controller. but xbox already has an actual controller, so it presents an issue while trying to intergrate the mouse so if say a controller is already plugged in, it won't over ride the controller, count as a second controller, and they also need to figure out if you can use the mouse without the xbox controller being active
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead badboy1235's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    no just go on pc this is consoles use a controller its a massive problem on overwatch it will become a problem on smite
    i hope no more guardians get the Khepri treatment lmao!!!!!

Member Follower Xx Threshold xX's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy1235 View Post
    no just go on pc this is consoles use a controller its a massive problem on overwatch it will become a problem on smite
    I would have worded that a little differently, but yep, agreed, this^.

Since this game involves a lot of skillshots, there would be an advantage for mouse and keyboard players...at least in the upper echelons and/or when two similar skilled players are matched, and it would become a problem.

No offense, but just play on PC (and get your friends to play on it as well) if you have that much of a preference.
    Ergonomically, I prefer controllers over mouse and keyboard and don't want to have to adjust (in a game that already requires many adjustments over time) just because it suits a minority.

Controllers are designed to keep your hands in as neutral of a position as possible so if you're a lifelong gamer that likes to occasionally binge for about 6-10 hrs (like me), there is less hand muscle strain/carpal tunnel risk...especially if you work behind a keyboard all day to begin with or even if you work with your hands (unless you got some of the fancy kbm peripherals maybe).

Also, someone else already mentioned it; yup, usb keyboards already work with xbox one for things like messaging or IF a game (such as ARK console) has text/chatbox support, it will work there, just not a mouse
    Either try to work with your team or get used to dying alone; That's SMITE, friends. That's the Golden Rule. Everything else is negotiable.

X Mastery; Isis, Skadi, Thor, Cabrakan, Fenrir, Bellona, Hou Yi, Mercury, Chaac, Nu Wa, Thanatos

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead badboy1235's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Threshold xX View Post

Since this game involves a lot of skillshots, there would be an advantage for mouse and keyboard players...at least in the upper echelons and/or when two similar skilled players are matched, and it would become a problem.

No offense, but just play on PC (and get your friends to play on it as well) if you have that much of a preference.
    Ergonomically, I prefer controllers over mouse and keyboard and don't want to have to adjust (in a game that already requires many adjustments over time) just because it suits a minority.

Controllers are designed to keep your hands in as neutral of a position as possible so if you're a lifelong gamer that likes to occasionally binge for about 6-10 hrs (like me), there is less hand muscle strain/carpal tunnel risk...especially if you work behind a keyboard all day to begin with or even if you work with your hands (unless you got some of the fancy kbm peripherals maybe).

Also, someone else already mentioned it; yup, usb keyboards already work with xbox one for things like messaging or IF a game (such as ARK console) has text/chatbox support, it will work there, just not a mouse
    yup so true
    i hope no more guardians get the Khepri treatment lmao!!!!!

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    it would be a real mind fuck to make a mouse and a standard controller work together anyway. Unless you have three hands lol. Like other ppl have said just play pc.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    No, overwatch already has this on consoles and it's super easy to tell which people use controllers and which are the noobs who are too bad to play against PC players with kbm and have to beat up controller players.

New Member Cupidhead Royal Jester XD's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Its not unfair when a company wants to add KB&M to their game or if players are requesting it, because anyone can buy a KB&M. I just got a really nice gaming KB&M for $25 so saying that giving people the option to play with it is unfair is ridiculous. Also you want to tell console players to just play pc? If they already have the console they have to spend easily $600+ to get a gaming pc so they can run the games they want at good quality. That sounds unfair to me. Don't whine about people wanting KB&M because you don't want to use one. If its so un fair, use one yourself. Some people also don't have the space to have a big o'l desktop in their room like me, because of a dorm life and other reasons i won't mention because of contract.

New Member Cupidhead Krack3nTFJH's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx Threshold xX View Post

only issue with that is xbox runs the game far better. there are endless fps bugs and ping bugs. with every patch the game become more taxing on a pc to the point where my 1.5k gaming laptop cant run it with decent fps between its taxing and sky provides shite internet. but it runs perfectly on the xbox but the controller prevents any quick aiming, close ranged aiming or rotation of the character. using the controller feels incredibly slow and clunky and i honestly cant understand how anyone uses it, other than they have never used a mouse and keyboard. personally i think controller players at a high level must be far mentally superior to their pc counter parts due to how far ahead they have to prepare due to the slow and clunky controls.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Swoonis's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    With full cross platform play, it's only fair to give console players KBM support, otherwise they can't compete. I would also prefer to play on my PS4 since my PC isn't that great, and I can't get a new one any time soon.