Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes Artemis "balanced"?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantonium View Post
    her 1 must be reworked so that she can escape. and her passive must be nerfed because in late game you are almost 3-4 Artimes hits
    Not every god needs to have an escape, you know. And her passive would be fine if hunters weren't inherently OP.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Member Worshipper SmearyGore674's Avatar
    The first in flight good ol' North Carolina (Get over it Ohio)
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I wouldnt really say that hunters are op, as long as you dont let them get the early game kills and let them snowball. I have been in joust games where we had no hunter on our team, just guardian, assassin, and mage and were easily able to shut down the enemy team due to not letting the enemy hunter snowball early game. Granted this is joust, which joust, arena, and clash are my most played games, I rarely play conquest which could be a different story but still if you shut them down early it is very difficult for them to get back up and rolling. Also who knows how well the player is at playing said hunter but I wouldnt say that hunters are op in the slightest. Not any more Op than any other god. It all depends on what god you play and how you play them against the hunter.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present" -Master Oogway

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    I wouldnt really say that hunters are op, as long as you dont let them get the early game kills and let them snowball. I have been in joust games where we had no hunter on our team, just guardian, assassin, and mage and were easily able to shut down the enemy team due to not letting the enemy hunter snowball early game. Granted this is joust, which joust, arena, and clash are my most played games, I rarely play conquest which could be a different story but still if you shut them down early it is very difficult for them to get back up and rolling. Also who knows how well the player is at playing said hunter but I wouldnt say that hunters are op in the slightest. Not any more Op than any other god. It all depends on what god you play and how you play them against the hunter.
    Well... In Joust and Clash, games often end in the mid-game. Before Hunters have chance to come online (Especially if an Assassin keeps ganking them)

In Arena an Conquest, getting a full build is almost a guarantee unless you're really dominating the game. Which is where Hunter's late game power just crushes.

It's the same for the Magical Hunter's (Sans Freya since she's a beast with just 2 items). Early game Chronos and Sol are not much to think about. Late game that they get to frequently in Conquest and Arena? That's when they start to be scary.

Meanwhile in Assault, it's different. They're OP in assault not because they reach late game hyper carry status, but simply because they're ranged and that means they can poke better. In a game mode about sustaining on lanes, not having to dive into 5 enemy players to poke some damage means a lot. (Also helps that so many of them have escapes... Played Sobek in Assault the other day and 9/10 times I plucked someone, they just dashed back under their tower to safety... Basically had to target the immobile mage (Anubis) every time)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmearyGore674 View Post
    Except you can't simply shut them down because they're too good early; especially those with high ability damage.

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Before we make claims that Artemis is broken and OP, can we PLEASE make her actually balanced first? Some good waveclear would be nicely appreciated — her 3 hits the same as Osiris's 3 with 10% less scaling.

However, I feel like HR wil give her that long-deserved buff eventually; they've been buffing hunter clears as of late.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Before we make claims that Artemis is broken and OP, can we PLEASE make her actually balanced first? Some good waveclear would be nicely appreciated — her 3 hits the same as Osiris's 3 with 10% less scaling.

However, I feel like HR wil give her that long-deserved buff eventually; they've been buffing hunter clears as of late.
    Osiris 3 is stun, you mean his 2 I assume

Achievements:

Make hunters as a whole balanced first, THEN buff any of those who need it. That's how it should be done.

Muh Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Osiris 3 is stun, you mean his 2 I assume
    ...I swear, I need to play my warriors more. xD

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Make hunters as a whole balanced first, THEN buff any of those who need it. That's how it should be done.
    What if I told you that hunters are supposed to become OP? At least late-game, but they're meant to become the sole teammate that will ensure your way to victory in the late game. As we've seen with the buffs to Anhur's, Neith's, Ullr's, Hou Yi's, and more recently Apollo's waveclear, the standard for what makes a hunter at least balanced is rising. Now they need to have good waveclear on par with mages. Artemis deserves the same treatment, even if you think hunters need to be nerfed first. Balanced first, then nerfs.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Then why pick any other god if hunters are supposed to be op as a class we have hunters that can perform all the roles and with fatalis with pen tell me why i should not see 5 hunter teams? Bulky frontliner? Ullr and apollo can do that just fine. aoe damage? Neith and skadi are right there so tell me why should hunters be op but whenever a guardian performs well enough hi rez suplexs them into the nerf can.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    ...I swear, I need to play my warriors more. xD

What if I told you that hunters are supposed to become OP? At least late-game, but they're meant to become the sole teammate that will ensure your way to victory in the late game. As we've seen with the buffs to Anhur's, Neith's, Ullr's, Hou Yi's, and more recently Apollo's waveclear, the standard for what makes a hunter at least balanced is rising. Now they need to have good waveclear on par with mages. Artemis deserves the same treatment, even if you think hunters need to be nerfed first. Balanced first, then nerfs.
    Thats a school of thought for sure, but theres another one that puts forward the reason for the hunter buffs we've seen are due to Chronos and Freyas pick ban rate during worlds, and Hi-Rezs' inability to accept Jing Wei is op af in conquest due tio her passive, not just her safety.

The main problem with your argument though is that many hunters are viable throughout, not just late game where obviously a full damage build will create accrued power, not to mention that they are the only class that are expected to go full damage due to relative safety and ease of use. That ability to murder most targets needs some viable counter play, and given that many hunters have sustain, control, escapes and high damage, enough to shred guardians with ease, you have to wonder, outside of a coordinated setup, what counterplay there is apart from them having crap aim and forgetting attack speed exists
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING