Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes Artemis "balanced"?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

What makes Artemis "balanced"?

I should be asking what makes hunters in general balanced, but for Artemis, she has traps (however easy they are to get rid of outside of combat), a basic stim, a slow, and an ultimate that doubles as an escape (which looks like it has a ridiculously low cd).

And when the stim is popped, she's doing stupid damage 9/10 times which is made worse when crit items are brought into the mix to double tap just about anyone even with defense.

Then for the ult to just throw out with cc immunity as well as a free stun/takedown in most cases which feels like she does it within a minute of it being used previously, what is the drawback that I'm missing?
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Artemis has...

-No direct escape ability.
    -Mana issues.
    -Poor waveclear.
    -A bad early-game.

If she didn't do what she does in the lategame she'd be trash (which she isn't far off from now).
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    She's not. She's a hunter. That means she's not as bad as she should be early, she's too goddamn safe, and she only gets stronger as the game goes on. She's actually stupid.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxkid_8 View Post
    I should be asking what makes hunters in general balanced
    Well... They're not. Simple as that.

For Artemis specifically, she has no mobility and poor wave clear. Meaning it takes her a bit longer than other Hunters to become OP af (Also a slight more babysitting... But considering it's called the "Duo lane" this really shouldn't be a negative... Freaking second Solo Lane...)

But yeah... Crits are powerful. Range is powerful. Range is so good that most of the time you don't have to consider building defence on ranged gods (Hence why there's so many Mages and Hunters calling Loki OP... Someone who FORCES them to consider building not glass cannon for once).

So why not give them competitive damage output to Assassins who actually NEED to build defences because they're up in everyone's faces so can't build as much raw damage...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    As always, is full of people complains about hunters opness... and then you watch SPL matches and on 10 players you can find max one hunter, usually Jing (just nerfed), cause mages do a better work even in duo lane. Maybe now in S4 things will change, but hell, can you stop complaining about a role who is the last taken on pro league?

On topic: i always loved artemis, but she's not even close to be better than other hunters. Her main spot is (sadly) in arena or motd.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashwix View Post
    As always, is full of people complains about hunters opness... and then you watch SPL matches and on 10 players you can find max one hunter, usually Jing (just nerfed), cause mages do a better work even in duo lane. Maybe now in S4 things will change, but hell, can you stop complaining about a role who is the last taken on pro league?

On topic: i always loved artemis, but she's not even close to be better than other hunters. Her main spot is (sadly) in arena or motd.

-Removed False Information-
    The fact is, hunters have the burst of a mage without the stress of cooldowns, the utility that most gods have, high sustain potential from lifesteal, the range of, well, a ranged god, and they aren't bad enough early to simply be shut down. There is nothing that justifies hunters being in their current state. -Removed False Information-
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-07-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    imho, is the opposite.

What is the biggest flaw of an hunter, compared with a mage? With a hunter you have to aim. Mages have aoe hits, mostly, they doesn't need precision.
    And in the low-mid tier, people aren't so good at aims like in top tiers. Plus, if your connection isn't great, you won't do a great result, cuz hunters suffers lags more than all other roles.

Btw, in S2 we had matches with hunters in duo, solo and mid lane. Now is fine.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    So, Hunters aren't OP because pro's prefer Magical Hunters instead?

Also, I've seen Jing Wei, Rama, Anhur and Hou Yi fairly often in SPL. With Ullr and Cupid making some small number of appearances.

Freya and Chronos being OP too doesn't stop Hunters themselves being OP. (That and pro's themselves aren't end all be all of balance... What with their 0 anti-heal being built vs healers for example)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    imho, is the opposite.

What is the biggest flaw of an hunter, compared with a mage? With a hunter you have to aim. Mages have aoe hits, mostly, they doesn't need precision.
    And in the low-mid tier, people aren't so good at aims like in top tiers.
    Hunters also get to try again and again where mages only get to use an ability once. Balance isn't decided by whether or not players suck; if that were the case, Loki would indeed be OP. Loki is not OP.

Plus, if your connection isn't great, you won't do a great result, cuz hunters suffers lags more than all other roles.
    Lag doesn't decide balance, either.

Btw, in S2 we had matches with hunters in duo, solo and mid lane. Now is fine.
    1. That's still a thing.
    2. Some are also capable junglers.
    3. Gods being versatile is not a bad thing.

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vantonium's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    her 1 must be reworked so that she can escape. and her passive must be nerfed because in late game you are almost 3-4 Artimes hits