Thread: Bellona Buff for Master of War? Just an idea

New Member Cupidhead Pliskin47x's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Bellona Buff for Master of War? Just an idea

So this one i had the idea for a while now, and i'm a Bellona main or at least i used to ever since she had gotten nerfed awhile back maybe around early 2016 (it's been awhile i know) but i have noticed that almost all Warrior Gods have the ability to heal, yes i know that Bellona can too, but as as much in degree as others like Hercules and Guan Yu, and doesnt tank even with her protection stacks like Odin and Tyr. So i came up with the solution that hey, out of every Warrior God Bellona is one in my opinion that should stay in the fight the longest but is so dependent on items even more than ever, since her nerf on life steal for Scourge, so i thought why doesn't her passive Mater of War get a buff on healing? How so? By maxing out the stacks for protection, and then going out of combat she can regain health for each stack made, like 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 health per stack. It's just and idea and seeing as Bellona is basically THE Goddess of War, it'll just fit her perfectly as a character to have a better chance to go fight another enemy with this healing method, or have a safer retreat so you can use an item or outlast an enemy chasing you down dishing damage when this healing factor can help you get to your base a bit more easier. I hope this makes it into the game, its not game breaking but i think it'll help Bellona players, new and old, to feel comfortable playing Bellona offensively and defensively on the battlefield. Besides, isn't that what she's good at?

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Right. So you want her to heal more than she does currently while maintaining the movement speed and protections as well? You are aware Bellona is pretty damn strong anyway? Ares is the god or war, so can he get some passive healing since that seems to be the premiss of your argument? There are potions, there are items for passive health regen, and that doesn't even factor if your team has a healer and there is lifesteal for offensive sustain. You need more viable reasons to turn a tanky hard hitting character into an even tankier hard hitting character.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    As the person who I have the second most worshippers on I will have to disagree. She doesn't need anything. I wish her 2 wasn't interruptible by nearly everything, but Bellona feels like she is in a good place.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Bellona seems strong right now. She doesn't need a buff

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Bellona is fine how it is right now. But if i were to chose a buff for her i would chose to increase her scourge's basic attack range just a bit. How it is right now you can't even tell if there is a range increase or not.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I would like to see them give her a whole different skill for her 2. Not because she needs a buff or nerf, simply because I don't like how the ability fits into the rest of her kit.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    I would like to see them give her a whole different skill for her 2. Not because she needs a buff or nerf, simply because I don't like how the ability fits into the rest of her kit.
    Well, i kind of think it's good on her and fits her kit quite nicely, but that is just my opinion. She wields 4 weapons (A flag is the most op weapon you can ever think of!!!) and all of them are quite nice.

But i would understand that making her 2 into some other skill and removing the chance to get canceled by cc is also an option if you ask me.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    It's nothing about the inherent strengths and weaknesses of the ability.

All of bellonas ability are about hitting fast and getting herself into a favorable position when it comes to boxing.

Her 1 is very fast, deals some damage and makes her a better boxer by slowing the target and allowing her to block basics.
    Her 3 is very fast, deals some damage and makes her a better boxer by disarming the enemy while giving her better BA range and some selfheal
    Her 4 is very fast, deals some damage, stuns the target and is a quick jump that also makes her a better boxer by changing the area into giving her more power and protections.

Her passive gives MS and Protections while boxing.

As you can see, her 2 does not only not fit into this, it goes entirely against the theme.

Her 2 is very slow and can be interrupted, has ridiculously high damage potencial but does not make her a better boxer (arguably a worse boxer) without giving her any actual benefits when it comes to doing war except when she is pounding winions.

Her using the 2 means that she spend sprecious seconds not doing what she was build to do, overpowering her enemy with superior basic attack prowess.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    All of bellonas ability are about hitting fast and getting herself into a favorable position when it comes to boxing.
    One could argue, that Bludgeon's ability to clear waves directly helps her ability to box. Since, it means she can be more aggressive at hitting enemy gods because there's less damage from enemy waves coming in (Not to mention, cleaving on the initial cast can help poke someone into a health range where she can favourably box even with minions around)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Honestly I love her hammer, the aoe damage while using it IS her wave clear. And when the oppenents wave is gone and yours isn't you can just switch weapons to attack the player. Honestly her weapon changes are situational, its what makes her so good. Why would you want to limit her to just 1 thing?