Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes Artemis "balanced"?

Hybrid View

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

What makes Artemis "balanced"?

I should be asking what makes hunters in general balanced, but for Artemis, she has traps (however easy they are to get rid of outside of combat), a basic stim, a slow, and an ultimate that doubles as an escape (which looks like it has a ridiculously low cd).

And when the stim is popped, she's doing stupid damage 9/10 times which is made worse when crit items are brought into the mix to double tap just about anyone even with defense.

Then for the ult to just throw out with cc immunity as well as a free stun/takedown in most cases which feels like she does it within a minute of it being used previously, what is the drawback that I'm missing?
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Artemis has...

-No direct escape ability.
    -Mana issues.
    -Poor waveclear.
    -A bad early-game.

If she didn't do what she does in the lategame she'd be trash (which she isn't far off from now).
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    She's not. She's a hunter. That means she's not as bad as she should be early, she's too goddamn safe, and she only gets stronger as the game goes on. She's actually stupid.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    She's not. She's a hunter. That means she's not as bad as she should be early, she's too goddamn safe, and she only gets stronger as the game goes on. She's actually stupid.
    ok im just gonna say that this is pretty much the most stupid thing you've ever said. artemis safe? how exactly? and how is her earlygame good when she has one of the worst if not the worst waveclears in the game?
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    ok im just gonna say that this is pretty much the most stupid thing you've ever said. artemis safe? how exactly? and how is her earlygame good when she has one of the worst if not the worst waveclears in the game?
    She doesn't have to go in or use abilities to do damage because she's ranged and AA-based. That's pretty safe. Her clear is far from the worst in the entire game; if she gets Bluestone and clears up the wave with her AA's, then she's fine as long as her support keeps up. Hunter basics also happen to hit relatively hard at all stages of the game, so her poke and pressure--particularly with her early crits--are rather stupid.

Now, is she as safe as a hunter with an escape? No, but does this negate her inherent hunter bullshit? No.

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    artemis safe? how exactly? and how is her earlygame good when she has one of the worst if not the worst waveclears in the game?
    Ranged god. Meaning you can position further back than melee gods.

Also means you can proc Death's Toll reliably so you get sustain.

Can poke and wave clear with 3 + Bluestone if needed.

Has trap which can be put down to prevent dives onto her.

After level 5, you have Huffer to dish out multi-target stuns and provide secondary beads.

Range is significant.

Sure she might not be able to be aggressive on lane like someone with better wave clear. But lack of aggression doesn't mean not safe. So long as you can keep the enemy from pushing your tower down, you can play super passive and be extremely safe.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    She doesn't have to go in or use abilities to do damage because she's ranged and AA-based. That's pretty safe. Her clear is far from the worst in the entire game; if she gets Bluestone and clears up the wave with her AA's, then she's fine as long as her support keeps up. Hunter basics also happen to hit relatively hard at all stages of the game, so her poke and pressure--particularly with her early crits--are rather stupid.

Now, is she as safe as a hunter with an escape? No, but does this negate her inherent hunter bullshit? No.
    shes just as safe as anubis, who is very much considered not safe when you get a jungler jump on you, so yeah. and she cant clear for shit without her abilities and her clear is already weak so idk what youre smoking but its some good stuff. share. and which clear is weaker than hers in the game? please do tell me. and you simply dont clear with aa's dont make me laugh. that just wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Ranged god. Meaning you can position further back than melee gods.

oh then by definition any ranged god is safe. please spare me that bs feed.

Also means you can proc Death's Toll reliably so you get sustain.

only if she wasnt mana hungry as fuck.

Can poke and wave clear with 3 + Bluestone if needed.

so you pick both death toll and bluestone(which is a shitty excuse of clear btw). how marvelous.

Has trap which can be put down to prevent dives onto her.

yeah except those dives come with a hard cc more often than not, and traps wont let the enemy use skills or aa's on you so gl with that.

After level 5, you have Huffer to dish out multi-target stuns and provide secondary beads.

sooo, a god is only safe when her ult is up is a safe god. ok den.

Range is significant.

its not when vast majority of the game has a leap or dash out of their ass.

Sure she might not be able to be aggressive on lane like someone with better wave clear. But lack of aggression doesn't mean not safe. So long as you can keep the enemy from pushing your tower down, you can play super passive and be extremely safe.

you can do that with literally any god. but it still wont save you from getting poked by enemy jungler or lose farm cus of your shitty clear.
    hunters, while indeed needing nerfs are extremely overrated around these parts for some reason. they are mages that provide sustained dps instead of burst. while yes their dps is too much lategame but its not too bad, not at a point where they need an entire class overhaul. increase counterbuilding options against them and there. fixed.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    shes just as safe as anubis, who is very much considered not safe when you get a jungler jump on you, so yeah. and she cant clear for shit without her abilities and her clear is already weak so idk what youre smoking but its some good stuff. share. and which clear is weaker than hers in the game? please do tell me. and you simply dont clear with aa's dont make me laugh. that just wont happen.
    Anubis doesn't get any sort of MS buff, and he relies on abilities--which have CD's--for damage. That's not true for Artemis. And what did I say about clear? "If she gets Bluestone and clears up the wave with her AA's," I said. As in, she gets Bluestone (which brings StI's base damage up to 310 at max rank, which is plenty for clearing purposes, mind you) and finishes up with her AA's. That's not a hard thing to do. You want weaker clear than Artemis? Sylvanus, Arachne, Bakasura, Nemesis, Mercury, and (arguably) Ares.

hunters, while indeed needing nerfs are extremely overrated around these parts for some reason. they are mages that provide sustained dps instead of burst. while yes their dps is too much lategame but its not too bad, not at a point where they need an entire class overhaul. increase counterbuilding options against them and there. fixed.
    Hunters aren't overrated at all. They have literally no drawbacks except the fact that they're kind of squishy; but since their base HP is generally really close to that of a warrior, that's not 100% the case. They absolutely have a mage's burst; that's what crits are. They absolutely need a class-level overhaul.

Muh Concepts

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxkid_8 View Post
    I should be asking what makes hunters in general balanced
    Well... They're not. Simple as that.

For Artemis specifically, she has no mobility and poor wave clear. Meaning it takes her a bit longer than other Hunters to become OP af (Also a slight more babysitting... But considering it's called the "Duo lane" this really shouldn't be a negative... Freaking second Solo Lane...)

But yeah... Crits are powerful. Range is powerful. Range is so good that most of the time you don't have to consider building defence on ranged gods (Hence why there's so many Mages and Hunters calling Loki OP... Someone who FORCES them to consider building not glass cannon for once).

So why not give them competitive damage output to Assassins who actually NEED to build defences because they're up in everyone's faces so can't build as much raw damage...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    As always, is full of people complains about hunters opness... and then you watch SPL matches and on 10 players you can find max one hunter, usually Jing (just nerfed), cause mages do a better work even in duo lane. Maybe now in S4 things will change, but hell, can you stop complaining about a role who is the last taken on pro league?

On topic: i always loved artemis, but she's not even close to be better than other hunters. Her main spot is (sadly) in arena or motd.