Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Is "spamming VER" really a reportable/bannable offense?

  1. #31
    Member Follower Headbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    155
    4
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    No one's going to get banned for using VGS because there's nothing harassing about it.
    Again, not your call.

    Seriously, how is "Your personal opinion is/feelings are irrelevant on the subject of what or what isn't harassment" such a hard concept to grasp?
    And where comes the need to debate simple observations of reality? If I said "Smite is a game" would there still be people to debate with?

  2. #32
    Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,366
    25
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Rep Power
    12
    1. There's nothing stating VGS spamming will result in a ban
    2. VGS are a part of the game
    3. There's a mute function and a time out to prevent them from doing just this.

    Please, by all means and in a report so hirez can remind you of the mute function that solves this issue....that isn't even an issue.

  3. #33
    Member Follower Headbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    155
    4
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    1. There's nothing stating VGS spamming will result in a ban
    2. VGS are a part of the game
    3. There's a mute function and a time out to prevent them from doing just this.

    Please, by all means and in a report so hirez can remind you of the mute function that solves this issue....that isn't even an issue.
    Eh....again, you're arguing in circles.

    1. As has been said numerous times, it's harassment that MIGHT (and I emphasise this word as much as possible, so you get the point) result in a punishment. Harassment - however you might define it personally - in Smite can only occur in written form. That means via communication. The VGS is a form of communication and therefore CAN be used to harass. Whether it actually is, has to be determined on a case-by-case basis, a decision in which - all together now - your opinion (and mine, if that inclusion makes you feel better) is utterly irrelevant.

    2. This is the most outstanding non-statement I've seen on these forums since another guy told me that "Something is known because it is known".
    Yes, VGS is part of the game. What's your point? If the implication here is that since it is part of the game it cannot be used for purposes of harassment, then harassment - according to your logic - cannot occur since everything in the game...is part of the game. Including normal chat.

    3. I'm just going to quote myself here from earlier: The existence of the mute function has no effect on that decision. If I call you a whoreson and you subsequently mute me that doesn't change the fact that I insulted you. The mute function stops you perceiving harassment, it doesn't erase harassment that already occured, nor does it stop the offender to continuously trying to harass you and/or somebody else.

    Stunning as it is that I have to do so, since you yourself quoted exactly that statement.

    The last statement of yours I can only assume is missing some words, so I can't tell what you're asking of me.
    Last edited by Headbiter; 02-03-2017 at 03:38 PM.

  4. #34
    Guide Chosen GogetaAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,680
    10
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    8
    Yeah, I consider it harrassment, but I don't want to discuss this because it's pretty subjective, and like it's already happening there won't be anyone right or wrong, just people arguing, though I still will say something, sure you can mute someone, but the same can be applied to chat, but why can you report the chat as harrassment and not this? And like others said, I try to not mute because they may use VGS correctly but I won't be able to hear it, then that player will be frustrated and play worse, then we might lose the match.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

  5. #35
    Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,366
    25
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    Eh....again, you're arguing in circles.

    1. As has been said numerous times, it's harassment that MIGHT (and I emphasise this word as much as possible, so you get the point) result in a punishment. Harassment - however you might define it personally - in Smite can only occur in written form. That means via communication. The VGS is a form of communication and therefore CAN be used to harass. Whether it actually is, has to be determined on a case-by-case basis, a decision in which - all together now - your opinion (and mine, if that inclusion makes you feel better) is utterly irrelevant.

    2. This is the most outstanding non-statement I've seen on these forums since another guy told me that "Something is known because it is known".
    Yes, VGS is part of the game. What's your point? If the implication here is that since it is part of the game it cannot be used for purposes of harassment, then harassment - according to your logic - cannot occur since everything in the game...is part of the game. Including normal chat.

    3. I'm just going to quote myself here from earlier: The existence of the mute function has no effect on that decision. If I call you a whoreson and you subsequently mute me that doesn't change the fact that I insulted you. The mute function stops you perceiving harassment, it doesn't erase harassment that already occured, nor does it stop the offender to continuously trying to harass you and/or somebody else.

    Stunning as it is that I have to do so, since you yourself quoted exactly that statement.

    The last statement of yours I can only assume is missing some words, so I can't tell what you're asking of me.
    VGS is the only communication on console. You'll never get banned for using it. It's not subjective, it's fact.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,252
    8
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    1. As has been said numerous times, it's harassment that MIGHT (and I emphasise this word as much as possible, so you get the point) result in a punishment. Harassment - however you might define it personally - in Smite can only occur in written form. That means via communication. The VGS is a form of communication and therefore CAN be used to harass. Whether it actually is, has to be determined on a case-by-case basis, a decision in which - all together now - your opinion (and mine, if that inclusion makes you feel better) is utterly irrelevant.
    VGS spam is in no way harassment as there is a limitation on how you can use it to stop supposed harassment, and if that doesn't help there is a mute function to counter all of this supposed harassment.

    It's not at all ban worthy if the player supposedly being harassed is able to use systems put in place to prevent this. Simple as that. Don't understand why you are fighting this so hard.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

    Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

    Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,252
    8
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    8
    The mute function on PS4 should clearly be changed then if it doesn't server its purpose properly.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

    Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

    Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

  8. #38
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead The_Dracoknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    72
    3
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Quelthos01 View Post
    I love all the people saying "just mute them", etc, who completely overlooked my response on how that doesn't work on PS4. You have no choice but to listen to it during the game, and so your only recourse against that person is to report them post-match. I had a Clash game where two of my teammates got into a VGS war with one another (I think one picked up a buff the other wanted) that lasted the entire match. From a minute in or so until the end, one or the other saying "Thanks", "You rock", "I'm the greatest", "No", "Yes", etc, etc. I think I'm allowed to consider that harassment.
    I think that you need to mute in game. Because as an xbox player if I mute someone through XBL it doesn't stop VGS, but it does work if you hit start and mute them from the ingame scoreboard. I've only mted 1-2 people so I'm not entirely sure if it works like this.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    772
    10
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    We are all talking about VER spam and how that's offensive.

    How about VEL spam? Realistically, when you are already losing hard, and an enemy, knowing you are already in a very difficult situation, laughs at you endlessly, is a huge demoralizing which personally triggers me so much. I am already losing, you are already ahead but you go a dick move with this "you suck, you can't kill me, haha" vel spam.

    But I can't do anything about it. It's not forbidden and I don't report players for that. I just mute these guys but I think VEL spam like that is a much worse harassment than simple VER spam only because VER can be chat restricted and VEL spam can't be restricted, expecially when VEL macros is allowed.

    VEL spam is a huge demoralizing towards losing guys who are already in a bad situation than VER spam in my opinion.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 02-04-2017 at 06:38 AM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,366
    25
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    We are all talking about VER spam and how that's offensive.

    How about VEL spam? Realistically, when you are already losing hard, and an enemy, knowing you are already in a very difficult situation, laughs at you endlessly, is a huge demoralizing which personally triggers me so much. I am already losing, you are already ahead but you go a dick move with this "you suck, you can't kill me, haha" vel spam.

    But I can't do anything about it. It's not forbidden and I don't report players for that. I just mute these guys but I think VEL spam like that is a much worse harassment than simple VER spam only because VER can be chat restricted and VEL spam can't be restricted, expecially when VEL macros is allowed.

    VEL spam is a huge demoralizing towards losing guys who are already in a bad situation than VER spam in my opinion.
    And HiRez changed it so you can MUTE that as well. If you're being triggered by anything in a game, especially someone laughing at you, you shouldn't play. There's an emote you can shoot off in the air indicating "gg", you really think HiRez considers laughing at someone harassment when there's actual taunting mechanics in the game?

    mute literally stops all of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •