Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is "spamming VER" really a reportable/bannable offense?

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by demonman101 View Post
    So annoying to hear people say "just mute them" Yes it seems like the best option but it's just going to go downnhill form ther. The one time they actually offer a good callout like (ENEMY MISSING) or something like that I'm not goin to hear it then they're just going to shit talk me. Of course I can't read it but chances are it's just going to make that person pissed that they're being ignored. They're going to do just as bad and possibly lose the game. And of course those kinds of people are the first to throw out reports every game to someone who didn't play like they wanted them too and that just clogs the report system. Why is it so hard to just make a limit on how many times you can say a vgs? I mean damn. Just 3 times. That's it. And make it so one taunt or joke has to finish before playing another. I don't see why Hi-Rez can allow this massively irritating system to stay in place and their only response is "mute them" Fix the system. It would literally hurt nobody. If you're one of the people who just like to spam shit to spam it then do it when no one is around and then no one would complain about it.
    It's not annoying, it's literally there for that exact reason, they also put a cap on there to stop the spam. Your complaining about something that already has a perfect solution to. Wtf more do you want?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    VER is an emote.
    https://youtu.be/xgrqPH380m0

Emotes are used to express feelings.
    Debatable.

Emotes are legally allowed in Smite.
    There's nothing legal or illegal about that, since there are no laws involved here.

Spamming Emotes 5 times in a row is legally allowed in Smite.
    See the above.

It's not against Smite Terms of Service and ban/suspension policy.
    Not your call.

It's not harassment and if it's harassment, it's much better than dozens worse words people can write.
    It CAN be harassment, depending on the circumstances. Also, "I can do worse" is a shite argument if you have to defend yourself. Just in case you find yourself in court one day.

I've never felt offended if I died and someone reacted "VER VER VER" towards me.
    That's wonderful for you, now if only your personal emotions were in any shape or form relevant in questions of in-game offenses.

Why do people react then like "report someone for ver spamming" if it's not actually against anything?
    Because generally speaking, people that are pissed off are not known for making level-headed and/or fact-based decisions.

Counter-question: Why do you care? As long as you are not actually getting punished for anything they can report you for anything they like.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by demonman101 View Post
    So annoying to hear people say "just mute them" Yes it seems like the best option

It would literally hurt nobody. If you're one of the people who just like to spam shit to spam it then do it when no one is around and then no one would complain about it.
    it is literately hurting nobody already... and someone would complain anyway. I dunno how or why, but they would.
    case and point... you exist (supposedly), and you're complaining.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    Not your call.
    Smite's suspension/ban policy says nothing about VGS spam. Just harassment. Considering their is a mute function and the VGS system does not allow someone to spam something more than 5 times, this not being harassment is a logical conclusion.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answe...n%2Fban-policy
    Last edited by TheMoldyBanana; 02-02-2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ah, if only it WAS bannable.
    Along with those retards who spam toggle their skills to create constant noise cues. Thoth, Mercury and AMC come to mind. The Mute button does nothing against that.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoldyBanana View Post
    Smite's suspension/ban policy says nothing about VGS spam. Just harassment. Considering their is a mute function and the VGS system does not allow someone to spam something more than 5 times, this not being harassment is a logical conclusion.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answe...n%2Fban-policy
    As I said before, spamming can constitute harassment, it depends on the situation. The decision whether that applies or not lies with the HiRez-employee who gets the ticket served, hence my original statement "Not your call". You can speculate all day long about what should or would be, sure but the decision ultimately lies with someone else.

The existence of the mute function has no effect on that decision. If I call you a whoreson and you subsequently mute me that doesn't change the fact that I insulted you. The mute function stops you perceiving harassment, it doesn't erase harassment that already occured, nor does it stop the offender to continuously trying to harass you and/or somebody else.
    Last edited by Headbiter; 02-03-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    As I said before, spamming can constitute harassment, it depends on the situation. The decision whether that applies or not lies with the HiRez-employee who gets the ticket served, hence my original statement "Not your call". You can speculate all day long about what should or would be, sure but the decision ultimately lies with someone else.

The existence of the mute function has no effect on that decision. If I call you a whoreson and you subsequently mute me that doesn't change the fact that I insulted you. The mute function stops you perceiving harassment, it doesn't erase harassment that already occured, nor does it stop the offender to continuously trying to harass you and/or somebody else.
    No one's going to get banned for using VGS because there's nothing harassing about it.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I love all the people saying "just mute them", etc, who completely overlooked my response on how that doesn't work on PS4. You have no choice but to listen to it during the game, and so your only recourse against that person is to report them post-match. I had a Clash game where two of my teammates got into a VGS war with one another (I think one picked up a buff the other wanted) that lasted the entire match. From a minute in or so until the end, one or the other saying "Thanks", "You rock", "I'm the greatest", "No", "Yes", etc, etc. I think I'm allowed to consider that harassment.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    because if they are muted you cant actually hear real calls which is what the system is designed for. Case in point is that, the system is there for a purpose to help make fast calls. Its not there to be annoying.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    No one's going to get banned for using VGS because there's nothing harassing about it.
    Lol do you play this game or just troll the forums?