Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quitting for various reasons (for now)

Member Follower SkullomaniaXXIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Cool Quitting for various reasons (for now)

Sup dude. It's Skullomania!!!!!

Recently, I've been trying very hard to keep going with playing SMITE continuously but lately, I've either been getting bored, getting careless teammates, and finding other things to worry about than just sit on my pc playing Smite and raging hard (if the situation was rough enough). Reasons why? Have I got a list to give you!

1. My Computer isn't exactly a gaming pc

I'm currently using a HP Pavilion 2011 PC. It's pretty old (four years?), yet it's still going. The problem however, is it wasn't built like most gaming pcs, so of course, trying to play smite on Medium graphic settings is a pain, plus the connection lag and fps drop makes it a lot worse.

2. Dumb teammates

Said reason is why I have a love/hate relationship with MOBAs. Sure, it's always great to play with your friends and have a good time, but the lack of friends means you get pair with the random players that you have to deal with (chances that those players are really nice are small). Most players are toxic in nature, toxic players in my personal opinion are no fun to play with.

3. Lack of New Skeleton Skins

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a Skull Addict. I love skeletons, but there's certain gods (not that I will list them here) that I would love to see have a skeleton related skin (one that isn't tied to Ranked awards nor chests with over 300 items mind you). It's my motif/niche if you can call it that. Basically in a nutshell, if no god that I like has a skeleton related skin then I'm not picking that god nor waste favors or gems on said god. This often lead to boredom because there's only a few good gods that have some really cool skeleton skins.

4. Matchmaking

I'm not going to write a chapter on this, I think MM needs some more work done so the newer players can be matched with players of their level instead of players who are at level 30 (and can clearly dominate).

5. Personal Life

I used to think playing video games all day and night was the shit back in the day, now I'm almost 25 years old, working and wasting time on Smite when I can be completing projects of my own outside of gaming. I invested in a shit ton of gems but even then, it wasn't always the right decision to make. In short, playing Smite isn't exactly generating money for me and I made the decision to change that, starting with quitting Smite and uninstalling it completely.

In conclusion, I had fun with Smite since my best friend Icepick told me about it, but we're starting to get too burnt out by all the shit we have to deal with that I had to make a decision to nearly drop video gaming for good (thankfully I'm scheduling my game nights for fridays only). I've learned a lot in season 3 but season 4 isn't something I'm really hyped for at this time. It's been fun slaying as Hades, Anubis, Chiron, Nox, etc., but it's time for me to end it all before it gets really hectic.

Note: I know I'm no big time Smite player but I still love the game nonetheless. I'll be watching very closely to some select forum posts for now (until I buy a gaming pc laptop this is all I will do).
    Hades main and worshiper (in SMITE).

When you see The Skull Addict, you better have a counter god waiting for me.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    actually you dont have to uninstall it completely just work in day and play for like 1-2 hrs daily at night thats what im doing these since i now also realized im wasting too much time on smite rather than learning and getting a job i still enjoy on holidays whole day so you know like just manage time and stuff
    and well we cant really do anything about the toxicity they kills my mood to play the game too but i just still go on with the match ignoring them

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I know the title says "for now", which is where I want to get.
    If you are not having a good time then you should obviously take a break.
    It's your life and only you can change it.

Take a break, few days, weeks or months, you should obviously prio your real life and work.

And about the Skeleton skins, feel free to make suggestions on the Skin forum because so far I have barely seen any skeleton skin ideas. Illustration isnt needed but always helpful.

Prio your work and put x amount away for a game computer

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Props for finally seeing someone including a legit reason to quit. Good luck with sorting out your life while you save up for a new computer. #3 is questionable, they didn't like to include bone motives in the past because of Tencent but now they don't quite seem to care, so you might eventually get some. #2/4 are things you have to deal with but if you take a break you'll come back to these with a clearer mind.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Props for finally seeing someone including a legit reason to quit. Good luck with sorting out your life while you save up for a new computer. #3 is questionable, they didn't like to include bone motives in the past because of Tencent but now they don't quite seem to care, so you might eventually get some. #2/4 are things you have to deal with but if you take a break you'll come back to these with a clearer mind.
    Funny thing is they are fairly sound in their reasoning from a personal perspective, ok maybe #3 is iffy, but I'm not sure if dumb people and crap matchmaking is something that time and space will improve. Theres another thread talking about how they are going to implement emergency matchmaking at low pop times. Given how shoddy the MM IS in general I feel that this system being implemented will drive more away.

Considering bad matchmaking seems to be cited as one of if not the main reason people quit, I fail to see how dumping EU players into LATM or NA servers will help the experience, as you'll still have the usual discrepancy to deal with ie new players/vets being grouped with and against vets/new players with mental ping thrown in for laughs
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Funny thing is they are fairly sound in their reasoning from a personal perspective, ok maybe #3 is iffy, but I'm not sure if dumb people and crap matchmaking is something that time and space will improve. Theres another thread talking about how they are going to implement emergency matchmaking at low pop times. Given how shoddy the MM IS in general I feel that this system being implemented will drive more away.

Considering bad matchmaking seems to be cited as one of if not the main reason people quit, I fail to see how dumping EU players into LATM or NA servers will help the experience, as you'll still have the usual discrepancy to deal with ie new players/vets being grouped with and against vets/new players with mental ping thrown in for laughs
    Read Pon's reply in that thread, it answers the MM question better than I can.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Read Pon's reply in that thread, it answers the MM question better than I can.
    I did, the issue lies in the 'extremes' aspect, as there seems to be a lot of people, on the forum anyway, showing great discontent with mm. If that trend continues then the extreme Pon referred to has the possibility of becoming the norm. And its not like they couldn't just make a few common sense changes to improve it, quick queues are only good if the match you get queued into isn't a quick steamroll. Solo players should not have to rely on ingame vgs to combat a full premade with comms. New players should be left to learn and garner experience with other new players. Yeah I know smurfs but I really don't think thats as big an issue as some say, least not from my experience.

Simple common sense things like this would do more than any emergency mm system.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Junior Member Cupidhead WolvyDesigns's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    I actually like smite because of all the "outside" activities I do. I used to be big into WoW, but the dedication aspect eventually turned me to stop playing. At least with smite, I can be gone a few days and not be completely screwed over. Between work, gym, and social life; most of my gaming is late night or weekends.

I guess ranked can have a dedication factor, because your elo drops over time, but it's never dropped me a whole tier before. I feel terrible for new players though, the smurfs are really bad.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    I did, the issue lies in the 'extremes' aspect, as there seems to be a lot of people, on the forum anyway, showing great discontent with mm. If that trend continues then the extreme Pon referred to has the possibility of becoming the norm. And its not like they couldn't just make a few common sense changes to improve it, quick queues are only good if the match you get queued into isn't a quick steamroll. Solo players should not have to rely on ingame vgs to combat a full premade with comms. New players should be left to learn and garner experience with other new players. Yeah I know smurfs but I really don't think thats as big an issue as some say, least not from my experience.

Simple common sense things like this would do more than any emergency mm system.
    Extremes in low population which are far more common in PTS than in Live. Frankly, I don't care that much, because I'm in EU and in really clutch situations can also handle NA ping (unless the NA servers screw up too).
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Extremes in low population which are far more common in PTS than in Live. Frankly, I don't care that much, because I'm in EU and in really clutch situations can also handle NA ping (unless the NA servers screw up too).
    No doubt, but the way its worded it suggests it will dump you into the first available region, and theres too many variables to factor there regarding stability