Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Take out Surrendering in ranked.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

Angry Take out Surrendering in ranked.

I really don't see the point of surrendering in the first place, but especially in ranked. I just got into a game of Ranked Joust, and my team was doing fine, but once the Hou Yi died on my team, he spammed "thanks" and "bye," and then him and his friend surrendered at 10:50. I really don't think you should even be able to surrender because one decide can completely turn the game. But in my case, some idiot who got mad and died because their own stupidity, just gets to end the game whenever they want.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    And yes, i'm so mad I made an account just to talk about this, lol.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Metagnomy View Post
    And yes, i'm so mad I made an account just to talk about this, lol.
    I completely agree, that surrender must be removed from rank games. So if an ally went afk or leave game will have a more severe penalty. The moment your accept the game, your are saying your committed to the whole duration from start to finish.
    Last edited by Hergamesh; 01-28-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Moved to Other Feedback
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer >ex-moderator.< I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Disagree.

I rather surrender then having 2 people which dont want to play anymore anyway just fooling around,go feed or just stay afk. Time is expensive and i dont want to waste it because of others.
    Out of all games ive ever played Tales of Symphonia teaches the biggest lesson in life without you realizing it.....until youre old enough to understand it.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    I would do something like:
    "If one or more players are 10 minutes out of the game, that team's points will not be decreased."
    That would make the players not do something like "I'm going to leave the game and then I'll come back, so I do not miss the point"
    Since 10 minutes is enough time for a team to turn a game or at least destroy some towers and fenix, making the game more difficult to be reversed. And the team that was left without the players, also will not suffer losses of points, which most of the time is the reason people can not raise ELO

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    I would do something like:
    "If one or more players are 10 minutes out of the game, that team's points will not be decreased."
    Abuseable.
    Out of all games ive ever played Tales of Symphonia teaches the biggest lesson in life without you realizing it.....until youre old enough to understand it.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    F7 warriors thread, great.

If you want play lost game then go ahead but other ppl in your team can be really frustrated about wasting their time.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Hergamesh View Post
    I completely agree, that surrender must be removed from rank games. So if an ally went afk or leave game will have a more severe penalty. The moment your accept the game, your are saying your committed to the whole duration from start to finish.
    So...punish those who are unlucky enough to get teammates who quit/go afk?
    ~Leave no ally behind. Anyone can save lives~

~I only play Arena, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~

~Favorite Gods: Scylla and Nike ~

IGN: ἐλπίς

Elpis, Spirit of Hope

Junior Member Senior Minion Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I am going to assume you've never played on PS4, yes this is in the PC part of the forum but hear me out as a console player.

I played a ranked game last night, from approximately 10 minutes in until 16 minutes in, we were playing a 3v5, because on person was sitting in the fountain spamming VGS and the other D/C. The enemy team refused to finish us and just stood around jumping while we cleared the super minions.

You ask why didn't we surrender? Because I got stuck with someone like you, who never surrenders even when a game is LOST. Why hold people hostage in a game that is lost?

If it becomes a 3v5 situation why not allow the match to end rather than "Come on guys we're down 2 players and our lanes are completely destroyed but we can still win" mentality?

Never surrender kids such as yourself ruin this game by holding others hostage. Removing surrender from ranked, would just lead to an increase in toxic players, either via D/C or by having them sit int he fountain doing nothing. If you'd rather have this than the option to LEAVE A LOST GAME, then you are not there mentally.