Thread: Matchmaking hatred forced loss

New Member Minion tropical paladin's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Matchmaking hatred forced loss

Me and my friend were playing arena and the matchmaking from the start cost us the game in the god card loading screen we had 3 new players no avatars or anything the other team all had borders bar 1 and including a diamond loki and they continued to hit 42 deaths in 10 mins because they had no game awareness , for a game wher pros and streamers always talk about the more you play the better you get how can you match 3 brand new players against players that have put alot of time into smite granted with similar elo but who have game awareness and the new players just die , new players elo need to be started lower in my eyes anyway rant over
    Last edited by tropical paladin; 01-21-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If you see players with no avatars and empty card frames it's always possible they are hiding their stats. I've gone up against groups of supposed newbies only to find they clicked together like seasoned veterans lol. I have a few friends in my clan who have played all year on PS4 and have diamond gods, who choose to hide their stats to prevent either quitting from intimidation or to prevent being bm'ed for perceived shoddy stats. In your situation with the deaths hiding probably wasn't the case but don't think every barren border and stat-less god is a noob.
    KingKronosDC84 on PS4
    PS4 Clan : Cthulhu Crew/CTHC is the Tag
    Diamonds:Ah-Muzen Cab, Hou-Yi, Izanami, Skadi, Erlang Shen, Susano, Sol, Sylvanus, & Ah Puch

Senior Member Honoured GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKronosDC84 View Post
    If you see players with no avatars and empty card frames it's always possible they are hiding their stats. I've gone up against groups of supposed newbies only to find they clicked together like seasoned veterans lol. I have a few friends in my clan who have played all year on PS4 and have diamond gods, who choose to hide their stats to prevent either quitting from intimidation or to prevent being bm'ed for perceived shoddy stats. In your situation with the deaths hiding probably wasn't the case but don't think every barren border and stat-less god is a noob.
    true enough, i've been hearing that many of smite console vets are starting to make smurf accounts to screw with match making.

really there isn't any safe way to assume they are noobs until you get ino the match and see their build.

many "new" players to smite still use older builds, (or recommended builds).

ex: you'll see Guardians building Heartward and Sovrengty (which since the tank item update, have become all but useless)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Minion Derajalen's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I have noticed this as well. I calm down after the other team look like noobs but then it's just WTF hit me?!

Or sometimes I get stuck with real noobs and the other team are all pro. Talk about a F job.

Who programmed the match making a retarded monkey?

This game is just a cash grab anyways. I'll pay when I see Blizzard Ent. type balance.
    Last edited by Derajalen; 05-12-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Achievements:
    to be fair, Blizzard has been at gaming far longer the Smite has. so they know who to balance their stuff as best they can (i.e. they rarely listen to player advice on balancing characters, unless it is a major bug or game breaking)

Junior Member Senior Minion playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I don't think this game is a cash grab. Now Counter Strike on PC? That's been a cash grab for the longest time.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    one team is always guaranteed to completely stomp the other team, you just have to hope that you got on the team that was going to do the stomping. If not, surrender at 10. This game is a bad joke.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    one team is always guaranteed to completely stomp the other team, you just have to hope that you got on the team that was going to do the stomping. If not, surrender at 10. This game is a bad joke.
    the issue is there are many in the smite community fighting against the surrender function.

it doesn't matter if the battle has gone south and is still going south, they will vote no on surrender, because either; they think they can bring it back, or, they want the full rewards for a completed match.

I support the surrender function wholeheartedly, mainly because it is a needed function. there are matches than can go badly in the first 5-15 min and there is no way you can come back from them despite how carefully you play, how you alter your build...etc.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    you either start the game (before 1st pick in ranked) with 100% chance to win or 100% chance to lose. There's absolutely nothing competitive about it, you either surrender at 10 or the other team does. Every single game is a stomp you just have to hope you got on the team that was guaranteed to win. Smite PS4 is trash city, trashiest moba of all time on PS4.