Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it wrong for me to leave the match?

Junior Member Cupidhead Regalsoulslayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Was it wrong for me to leave the match?

So, genuine question. My entire team, none of them communicated, not in chat, not in quick chat. None of them ever bought potions, let alone wards and none of them even tried to do anything team related. Just 4 dudes doing their own thing. Meanwhile Im here trying to tell people to defend, constantly buying wards and trying to combo with others. But in the end they were just feeding and none of them helped me (I was Freya).
    Was it wrong to leave that match? Was it wrong for me to abonden them and keep being unhappy? Should I have to bite the bullet and wait it out the entire 20-30 minutes? I thought I played the game for fun but these guys just killed all fun. Now Im gonna be reported for leaving. Is that fair? Now Im going to be reported and be considered toxic.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    As much as these guys proved to be cooks (at least according to you), you're no better than them.

I've been in situations like yours and I never left. I still stuck up. If they report you, you report them back, make sure you write in detail what happened so your chances of THEM getting the shit end of the stick are higher than yours.
    Last edited by Azilo; 01-21-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Sometimes people won't listen and must learn the hard way. But you probably made the wrong call. Too many times one person leaves a match because they are annoyed by their team one way or another. So if they report you it most likely will look like another one of those cases. Nothing probably will happen from it doing once every now and then but be careful about during that too often.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 31 days registered
    You leave if you choose, as you're free to do as you please. But you must be ready to accept the consequences of it, if you got punished for your actions, you deserved it.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    leaving a match like that is never good lol if you are stuck with people like that just keep doing what you are doing go through the match as much as you can but never leave you will get reported for sure then if not by whole team but by atleast one or 2 for sure even tho they were bad leaving a game makes you no better if not like them

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    So 4 bad players and 1 AFK? Well double guess who's at fault here.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalsoulslayer View Post
    So, genuine question. My entire team, none of them communicated, not in chat, not in quick chat. None of them ever bought potions, let alone wards and none of them even tried to do anything team related. Just 4 dudes doing their own thing. Meanwhile Im here trying to tell people to defend, constantly buying wards and trying to combo with others. But in the end they were just feeding and none of them helped me (I was Freya).
    Was it wrong to leave that match? Was it wrong for me to abonden them and keep being unhappy? Should I have to bite the bullet and wait it out the entire 20-30 minutes? I thought I played the game for fun but these guys just killed all fun. Now Im gonna be reported for leaving. Is that fair? Now Im going to be reported and be considered toxic.
    Yes, you will be considered that way, because you acted like a petulant child who threw a tantrum because you didn't get what you want. Throwing your toys out of the pram speaks more about you and your ego than your team not listening to your calls does about them and their capability at the game. You bought wards and they didn't, big deal. They didn't buy potions, again, big deal, you're not the arbiter, so you don't get to decide wether their actions had a profound impact, but your egotism and quitting because how dare they not help you certainly had an impact, not to mention I'm fairly certain you were probably spamming voice commands, and I can assure you most people take a 'screw this person' approach when this is the case.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Consti2tion's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    TL;DR

Yes, you were wrong to leave.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Nah you did a good job in extending your life span by leaving the match.
    The two most powerful warriors are peace and time

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Simple logic here, two wrongs doesn't make a right. Yes you were wrong. I'm an asshole all the time some people call that "toxic" but as long as I don't tell anyone to "kill yourself" I honestly could care less what anyone thinks about me and I've left matches and afked a few times before too because A. The team didn't deserve to win or B. They're not worth my time.

I was playing assault and it was a 4v5 we were at their titan and I was dead from full dedication focusing the titan and as soon as I die I see my ymir and neith killing their d/c ymir. This was all fine and dandy till they didn't dedicate to kill the titan who was literally 1-3 hits away from death and threw the game that was already over to kill an afker. I afked made it a 4v4 and they lost. Does this mean I did something good? No it doesn't but they didn't deserve to win a 4v5 with an attitude like that.

It was unfair to the other person who was trying to win and died just like me trying to actually win the game. I would also be mad if someone did that to me, and that makes me hypocrite, but everyone is a hypocrite in the much larger scale of things learning to accept that seems to be one of the more harder things people experience.

As long as you can accept the consequences for your actions then there's really no wrong or right answer to anything.