Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Season IV Discussion Thread- Patch 4.1

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by sigma501 View Post
    and most people voted for trumb. so yeah
    Well... A lot goes into that. Including the fact that Trump promised to bring change as the driving force of his campaign.

The majority of the Hillary campaign and supporters opinions were along the lines of "Trump supporters are stupid!"

Which is not the best way to get votes. People like change, especially when there has been grievances of Obama's ideologies from the start of his presidency.

Really, it was dumb af to push Hillary over Bernie...

and what about people who like to play healers or relay on items they flush down the toilet?
    oh right, fuck them!
    or is it considered as a "good changes they made"?
    What about those people? They adapt.

Healers are fine. Really the only major change to them is Hel players need to stop trying to burst heal allies with her 3 and all healers need to consider anti-heal items and relics (Now that they're not awful to pick up. Sans Brawler's which has always had competitive stats even without its passive)

The only items that are made crap are Rage and arguably Ethereal (I mean, I dislike no longer having old Celestial Legion Helm, it's murdered a lot of my guardian builds... But the new item is useful, just for different gods). But even then Ethereal is only bad because of the ICD they ended up with (If it was lower, like 5-8s or something it would be decent. Given that 3s was too strong)

Divine Ruin was buffed since the lifesteal was garbage and it had low power... Now it has decent power and flat pen which is rare for mages. This means it's not too costly to build into in lieu of your standard power items.

Spear of Desolation is no longer overpriced. It's passive isn't the strongest, but it at least will proc unlike the old one where sod's law meant that when you built it EVERYONE would KS you (Same as if you build Bloodforge...)

Crusher is good. I mean, it sucks if you want to backdoor, but that's a stupid strat anyway (Even then, you can build Emperor's Armour if you want assistance backdooring). Now it's a cool flat pen item with a bit of damage in it, that helps your CD's (In a controlled way, so unlike Chronos' Pendant you can reliably utilize it on non-ult abilities).
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Please keep political discussion out of the GD and in the Serious Discussion section.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Healers are fine.
    no, they aren't
    Divine Ruin i bought as third or forth item and use for antiheal and lifesteal, now its useless to me
    Spear of Desolation is overpriced for how shitty it now is
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    Ra with the protections, Sylvanus with the penetration, Aphro directly got buffed
    don't get me wrong, healers supposed to be healers, not tanks or adc. and afro was already overpowered speaking of good balance.

guan and terra just obliterated by this patch. guan even was buffed lately an now nerfed again. do they have goldfish brain?
    and what the point in forcing people use new items in exchange of items they ruin, except of being a dick to players. can someone explain this?
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-06-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Achievements:
    no, they aren't
    Well, my self and everyone playing a healing in all the games I've been in since S4 hit (Which is actually now a majority of games. Don't go many games without seeing a Aphro/Hel/Ra. Only Sylvanus and Terra I don't see much, but that's because no-one plays Guardians and when they do it's Ares or Ymir)

Divine Ruin i bought as third or forth item and use for antiheal and lifesteal, now its useless to me
    But it's now actually useful for the other 99.99% of the community who thought that it was shit before. Which it was. You lost a crap load of Power over a conventional item and got fuck all Lifesteal. With Pythagorem's you could get more than double the LS it provided, now Bancroft's can achieve good lifesteal and we have the new Book of the Dead which is slightly overprice/undertuned but has an interesting mechanic for lifesteal.

Spear of Desolation is overpriced for how shitty it now is
    Not as overpriced as the old one was. 3.8k gold was insane. Tahuti is cheaper than that and is and was 9000000000x better than it. For what? 20 more power than the average 3k gold big item, 15 pen and a passive that would only proc if you were playing Rambo style completely fed mage?

Now it's actually decent. 2.8k gold is still hefty, but is less than the big items like Soul Reaver, Tahuti, Chronos, Book of the Dead. But only slightly more than other utility items like Ethereal and Iso (Which cost 2.7k gold)

But it brings hefty flat pen which can mean more damage than the 20 power you miss out on over stuff like Soul Reaver/Book/Bancroft.

It's passive might need a tweak, but it's at least consistent now. Since you don't have to KS to get it to activate.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Well, my self and everyone playing, Yada yada
    still thought, i feel that the game, the way i used to play, is unfun and somehow impossible. Damn, i spend more time on this forum then in actual game now, you see?
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-06-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Achievements:
    still thought, i feel that the game, the way i used to play, is unfun and somehow impossible. Damn, i spend more time on this forum then in actual game now, you see?
    It happens.

Online games are always subject to change, if they're being updated and continually balanced that is.

I have ways of playing the game that are impossible now too because of S4.

For example, I started enjoying playing Guardian in S3, most notably due to the fact that Celestial Legion Helm was available for the 60 power and 60 phys prots and anti-crit passive (Screw you Hunters)

It allowed me to build them more bruiser style starting early. Like Boots > CLH > Void Stone was 3 quick items that resulted in 100 power and 60 both prots (Alongside 20 prot shred).

Now? CLH no longer exists in that state, nor is there any comparable Phys Prot and Power item anymore (At best you have Lotus Crown for 30 power with 60 Prots or new CLH with the previous 60 power but only 30 prots). Nor does that passive exist any more, since we all know that Hunters are struggling to deal damage /s

However, I've learned to adapt. I'm now trying other builds, trying to get something to stick. While I continually test new stuff on my gods that didn't get changed as well as ones that did.

For example, Hel. I used to play her more as an offensive mage, never build Asclepius and went full damage always. I would swap into light form for the occasional heal/cleanse and to use the 1 as a 3rd attack (As well as sit in it to get the MP5). Now? I find myself swapping between the 2 more often. Pop into light for the occasional 3, sometimes a 1 for healing. A cleanse now and then. With Dark being pretty much my only damage source. (Despite her light 1's damage being unaffected. Only the self sustain from dealing the damage)

Really, if you are spending more time on the forums than in game, it's a sign you need to take a break, play some other games for a bit and come back later. Not that uncommon (I've gone through it with many games... Getting burnt out on them and decisions that are made, then spending more time on forums than in game... Best thing to do is get some distance. Heck, I'm doing that right now. Taking a hiatus from Overwatch because of Blizzard's retarded balance changes)
    Preferred Gods:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Taking down
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.