Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ao Kaung

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class

Ao Kaung

I... how?

How is he still this powerful? HIs tornadoes are the only thing he needs to use...

and omfg... in 3 v 3 the problem is COMPOUNDED because of the small lane...

That tornado of his... its just... wow...

Early game to late game, this God is extremely powerful. You can't touch him without losing 50-75% of your Hp with one move...

I... i just don't know what to do about him.

I mean I play him! He is so friggin easy to use and wow does he OWN things. Picked him up my first game in assault, was the best on either side... you just complete destroy things without any need to get in harms way...

just wow.

I'm just dumbfounded...

Junior Member Cupidhead XX0wnsXY's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    His tornado is about the only thing he has going for him which is meant to be used in combination with his 1. His ult is good, but isnt the easiest thing to hit without a setup. I'll admit, I've been dinked by the tornado a few times and thought "Wow, that damage is insane", but at the same time..it's rather easy to dodge and you pretty much know when an AO is going to put it down. If you're playing conquest, it's easier to imagine where it will be, as he won't waste his only wave clearing ability on only you. Other than that, I don't see how he is worth a complete thread.
    http://www.twitch.tv/XX0wnsXY
    -may contain tons of foul language and rage. I don't apologize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    His tornado is about the only thing he has going for him which is meant to be used in combination with his 1. His ult is good, but isnt the easiest thing to hit without a setup. I'll admit, I've been dinked by the tornado a few times and thought "Wow, that damage is insane", but at the same time..it's rather easy to dodge and you pretty much know when an AO is going to put it down. If you're playing conquest, it's easier to imagine where it will be, as he won't waste his only wave clearing ability on only you. Other than that, I don't see how he is worth a complete thread.
    Basically it means you cannot gank him or gank another person in Joust or anything like that. Joust, Arena, Seige...

if you do an attack, your screwed.

you lose ALLLLLLL your HP in just one simple strike. It's silly!

Joust he is just broken.

but he is quite overpowered

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ting-thank-you

Taking away AO's tornado's rid him of his only real way to farm, and his only real hope of damage outside his ult. His squall is a nice slow when it lands, but in terms of hoping to compete with anyone else no.

Chronos can basic attack for way more end game as a mage, and so can freya, and their skills are on lower cool downs for lower mana cost. Scylla's ult does monsterous damage, and her 2 is a lane wide slow she can self detonate early for good damage, oh, and she has a teleport, and she's a mage. Hell any adc can auto attack you for more than tornado's can do in a fraction of the time.

Oh boo hoo an end game tornado might tick on you for 200 damage if you have no d for a total of 1200 damage over time if Ao is fully built with FG, pots, and red buff, but an adc can easily crit you for much higher several times over in the same span of time.

God feedback forums...they exist.
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Yeah Ao is easy to beat in lane if you rush him while his tornado is down.

Hes a pubstomp god that rocks people who are out of position.

Junior Member Cupidhead XX0wnsXY's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauronbaine View Post
    Basically it means you cannot gank him or gank another person in Joust or anything like that. Joust, Arena, Seige...

if you do an attack, your screwed.

you lose ALLLLLLL your HP in just one simple strike. It's silly!

Joust he is just broken.

but he is quite overpowered
    that's not true at all. Like Boat said, once his tornado is gone, you can take him down. He is one of the LEAST powerful mages when i think of midlaners i hate to go against. If you play him, and know what he is and isnt capable of, you shouldn't have a problem.
    http://www.twitch.tv/XX0wnsXY
    -may contain tons of foul language and rage. I don't apologize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Faiyth's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    For me, the issue isn't so much as Ao Kuang being overpowered, but that he requires no commitment whatsoever and can get away even by making the worst plays most of the time. See a teamfight happening in the jungle? Just hide somewhere where they have no vision of you, place a tornado somewhere in the area, throw out an ult, then run away. You don't even need to aim most of the time.

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Wait the tornado, blink to Ao, Ao's killed.

Seriously, he's made of paper and so easy to counter, any initiation move can screw Ao Kuang really bad, and I think every mage can easily counter him. Maybe it's a little harder for Zhong Kui and Anubis, but...
    As for the other classes, anyone can counter Ao Kuang, you just need the right actives and some initiation after tornadoes.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    that's not true at all. Like Boat said, once his tornado is gone, you can take him down. He is one of the LEAST powerful mages when i think of midlaners i hate to go against. If you play him, and know what he is and isnt capable of, you shouldn't have a problem.

I do play him, when I get the chance. I rather not play him, but I've played him quite a bit in asssault. For some reason, I can never get the God's I wanna play.

Im either Ra, Ao Kuang or Neith... I can never get Fenrir/Scylla/Freya/Anubis or whatever. Its silly. lol

but yea, I know what he's capable of, but I can't find his weakness because of how easy it is to play him. He can do pretty much anything.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 718
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Kind of like AK and to vs him. It so funny to gank him in a teamfight and see him dash away with his ability and his sprint. He is so weak. Always a challenge to make him eat arrows and die in like 2 seconds.