Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Pantheon next year

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Whatever it may be, I hope it will be good, and not like that low-grade Erlang Shen design (visual and gameplay).
    Oh lord, if Morrigan or Su Daji are Erlang Shen levels of "quality", I'm going to quit Smite in protest.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Najh98 View Post
    Ya ik, but it would be better if he was fired.
    That's a very mean thing to say...

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by amoretpax199 View Post
    He's right, though. The game would be better off if Fish wasn't working on it; though I'm of the mind that the guy should just be banished to Paladins.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I would like the first god to be Balor... not because of WWE I swear. It's because a Giant Demon who unleashes destruction when opening his eye is awesome.
    Last edited by ThePsychoBear01; 12-30-2016 at 09:30 PM.

The Aztec Pantheon of God Concepts

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Pfffft, I say we get Arianrhod first. It'd be fun seeing what they come up for a god who uses the moon like a spinning wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amoretpax199 View Post
    It'd be good for the game's health if you ask me. Fish's gods have either suffered reworks or periods of being nerfed into uselessness before being buffed back, along with recycling mechanics in the game that already exist.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Celtic ..hmm..I definitely need to get back into playing the game lots more then.
    As birds are made to fly and rivers to run, so the soul to follow duty.
    Dussehra ~ Ramayana

"Of Kythereia [Aphrodite], born in Kypros (Cyprus), I will sing. She gives kindly gifts to men: smiles are ever on her lovely face, and lovely is the brightness that plays over it.--Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite

"Vigrith is the field | where in fight shall meet
    Surt and the gracious gods;
    A hundred miles | each way does it measure.
    And so are its boundaries set."--Vafthruthnismol

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    He's right, though. The game would be better off if Fish wasn't working on it; though I'm of the mind that the guy should just be banished to Paladins.
    As someone who started playing Smite rather recently, can someone explain (and please, actually EXPLAIN) the disdain towards Fish?
    AFAIK the gods he's supposedly responsible for are Ravana, Xing Tian, Chiron, Susanoo, Raijin and Erlang Shen.

Ravana I tried my hands on for a while, I'm aware that he worked a bit differently before and I'd dub his kit the least functional of the above...and by that I mean he doesn't work at all for me.

Xing Tian isn't my kind of guardian (and from the background of the god I'd rather have made him a warrior) but I actually find him rather on the interesting side if nothing else.

Chiron likewise is a breath of fresh air within the hunter line-up and if Ullr wouldn't exist I'd still play him. Unusual to play for a hunter, yes, but that's kind of the point.

Susanoo....*looks to his avatar*. Yeah, I guess you can figure out my stance towards that god. And having both played AS him as well as AGAINST him sufficient times I honestly can't tell where the whole "OP"-bitching comes from. I never found him any harder to deal with than most other assassins. (And that holds true for his release-, supposed "nerfed" and current state)

Raijin is pretty much the same as Xing Tian. Very interesting kit but I simply have no synergy with that kit.

Erlang I actually played for a while and my opinion on him is pretty much what Kek said about him: Can be quite fun, but he's truly Chinese...by stealing other gods' technolo- erm, abilities. (And there goes my progressive merit badge)

I list that all to showcase that yeah...I honestly do not get the apparent disdain for that particular developer. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe it's something that happened before I started playing (Which was around the time that "Escape the Underworld"-event was ending) maybe it's something you only get when you play Conquest (which I don't do 'cause I'm so sick of the standard MOBA-map) but I don't get it.

And to clarify in advance, I'm not defending the guy either. I genuinely am simply curious since despite me being rather peripherally invested in the game's community I heard of the "Fish-situation" and yet I don't see much that would qualify such a reaction.
    The general "Ugh, Hi-Rez sux 'cause shit balancing" I get, that's just gaming "communities" but if a specific guy gets singled out...that usually requires something specific to happen.
    Last edited by Headbiter; 12-31-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxistaicho View Post
    Oh lord, if Morrigan or Su Daji are Erlang Shen levels of "quality", I'm going to quit Smite in protest.
    Pls by all means, go ahead.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    As someone who started playing Smite rather recently, can someone explain (and please, actually EXPLAIN) the disdain towards Fish?
    From someone who initially didn't get the hate either, lemme put it in simplest terms: Fish isn't original.

With an Ajax god or a Scott god, you've got all these new abilities and even new mechanics that really make the god add something to the game. With a Fish god, you'll maybe see 2 or 3 aspects of the kit that are kinda new, while the rest is either generic or outright rips off something from another god's kit. For example, Chiron is basically Zeus with an escape. His 1 is a generic AoE, his 2 is Zeus's Detonate except simpler, and his 3 is Vamana's Clear the Path except he can use basic attacks.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    From someone who initially didn't get the hate either, lemme put it in simplest terms: Fish isn't original.

With an Ajax god or a Scott god, you've got all these new abilities and even new mechanics that really make the god add something to the game. With a Fish god, you'll maybe see 2 or 3 aspects of the kit that are kinda new, while the rest is either generic or outright rips off something from another god's kit. For example, Chiron is basically Zeus with an escape. His 1 is a generic AoE, his 2 is Zeus's Detonate except simpler, and his 3 is Vamana's Clear the Path except he can use basic attacks.
    Heh, didn't realize that. Probably because I simply compared him to other hunters.

Ok, so we have the broken (Ravana), the generic (Chiron, Erlang) and the at least somewhat original (Xing, Rai, Susan) - using somewhat here because just as with Chiron it's very possible I just don't realize the generic with those three. Not an impressive track record, I admit, puts him in the field of mediocre designer with the occasional spark. So I can certainly understand a certain "Meh"-attitude towards him.

Have to admit though, in my book, that doesn't quite justify the level of vitriol I see towards him, although that might just be the usual hyperbolic effect of the web.

Sorry, if it seems like I'm obsessing over this, it's just that in my experience, if you're a game designer and people know you specifically (and by name) you either have a gimmick (Cliff Bleszinski) or you have the uncanny ability to leave nothing but disaster in your wake (Greg Street). Fish seems too "bland" to attract that kind of attention.