Thread: Jing Wei upsets me in real life

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Jing Wei upsets me in real life

Everything about her is upsetting. Her laugh, the way she walks, the way she can escape, her vps, her portrait, her auto attack sound. Does anyone else hope she gets nerfed so shes seen less? She is a toxic god if she makes players feel uncomfortable and upset when shes on either side of the game. I want to just give up if shes in my game. As an adult I hate being forced to hear her lines which reek of cultural appropriation and internet culture, so Ive made it a habit to mute the Jing Wei if shes on my team. So my disdain for her has actually cost me ranked games (Ive been demoted supporting a Jing Wei, lost because I couldnt hear her calls). This isnt a troll thread, Im just curious if anyone else feels the same way. Please speak up if you do.
    Last edited by Summoning; 12-25-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoning View Post
    [...] hear her lines which reek of cultural appropriation and internet culture [...]
    Heheh...

If I had to imagine the thought process during the design, I would sense an obliviousness towards Chinese poetry, literature, and manners of speech, thus the out-of-place unimaginative lines.

Speaking of which, the same "know your enemy" line has been rehashed like what... five times, give or take? Could be worse though... like Erlang Shen, pretty much the most-disliked god... Oof, talk about the utter unawareness of cultural aesthetics in every way.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Heheh...

If I had to imagine the thought process during the design, I would sense an obliviousness towards Chinese poetry, literature, and manners of speech, thus the out-of-place unimaginative lines.

Speaking of which, the same "know your enemy" line has been rehashed like what... five times, give or take? Could be worse though... like Erlang Shen, pretty much the most-disliked god... Oof, talk about the utter unawareness of cultural aesthetics in every way.
    Funny enough, Erlang is so annoying to look at. Just by looking at him in the god screen annoys me. His stance and way he looks at you, just lame.
    We now need Kevin Sorbo as Kevin Sorbo in the game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoning View Post
    Everything about her is upsetting. Her laugh, the way she walks, the way she can escape, her vps, her portrait, her auto attack sound. Does anyone else hope she gets nerfed so shes seen less? She is a toxic god if she makes players feel uncomfortable and upset when shes on either side of the game. I want to just give up if shes in my game. As an adult I hate being forced to hear her lines which reek of cultural appropriation and internet culture, so Ive made it a habit to mute the Jing Wei if shes on my team. So my disdain for her has actually cost me ranked games (Ive been demoted supporting a Jing Wei, lost because I couldnt hear her calls). This isnt a troll thread, Im just curious if anyone else feels the same way. Please speak up if you do.
    Only thing about her that annoys me is her line "No match is unwinnable if we try our hardest!" with whom I completely disagree. Like what if both teams try their hardest? Who's gonna win then? So stupid...

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzydar View Post
    Only thing about her that annoys me is her line "No match is unwinnable if we try our hardest!" with whom I completely disagree. Like what if both teams try their hardest? Who's gonna win then? So stupid...
    Keyword is "we"...

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarLordNova View Post
    Funny enough, Erlang is so annoying to look at. Just by looking at him in the god screen annoys me. His stance and way he looks at you, just lame.
    He should have looked like this.