Thread: Ymir Ice Wall and Shards of Ice rework idea(s).

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GrimDude55's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb Ymir Ice Wall and Shards of Ice rework idea(s).

This is going to be a rather short post because of the simple idea I had to make Ymir more interesting to a degree.

Ice Wall: Besides the obvious idea for the wall to be pulled down by using the ability again instead of having to wait for the duration to run out in crucial situations, what if the Ice Wall gave Ymir an innate protections buff every time it was upgraded (to like 25 Phys and Magical protection as max.) and giving it some intensive to invest into for an early tank advantage.

Shards of Ice: I'm honestly not all that crazy about his Ult, there is alot to suggest to give it some personal worth.
    Idea 1: It needs something that gives Ymir a chance to not get melted down, like either some percent based health regen (Like a health version of a Sobek Ult) or bonus protections while the Ult is active (Something similar to Hades' Ult) I mean he is building up ice around him, should reflect that with being able to take harder hits.
    Idea 2: I may have pitched this before, but what if instead of a charged burst for just damage, the Ult did a DoT+Increasing Slow (with some reduced damage to balance out the extra CC) and an AoE Freeze when fully charged (Like a stationary Susanoo Ult) giving him a more dangerous presence in a teamfight.

Was gonna originally suggest the Glacial Strike lingering on the ground for a few seconds with a small DoT, but it's fine as it is, I just really want some more interesting reasons to put up walls and ults more often if possible.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDude55 View Post
    This is going to be a rather short post because of the simple idea I had to make Ymir more interesting to a degree.

Ice Wall: Besides the obvious idea for the wall to be pulled down by using the ability again instead of having to wait for the duration to run out in crucial situations, what if the Ice Wall gave Ymir an innate protections buff every time it was upgraded (to like 25 Phys and Magical protection as max.) and giving it some intensive to invest into for an early tank advantage.

Shards of Ice: I'm honestly not all that crazy about his Ult, there is alot to suggest to give it some personal worth.
    Idea 1: It needs something that gives Ymir a chance to not get melted down, like either some percent based health regen (Like a health version of a Sobek Ult) or bonus protections while the Ult is active (Something similar to Hades' Ult) I mean he is building up ice around him, should reflect that with being able to take harder hits.
    Idea 2: I may have pitched this before, but what if instead of a charged burst for just damage, the Ult did a DoT+Increasing Slow (with some reduced damage to balance out the extra CC) and an AoE Freeze when fully charged (Like a stationary Susanoo Ult) giving him a more dangerous presence in a teamfight.

Was gonna originally suggest the Glacial Strike lingering on the ground for a few seconds with a small DoT, but it's fine as it is, I just really want some more interesting reasons to put up walls and ults more often if possible.
    In my opinion, Ymir is perfectly viable and fun. Sure, i would love a qol change to his 3. It won't at least bodyblock allies as often

Surely, he could get something for his ult too. Would like a hp or protections buff there.

But as i said, he doesn't need it. He is fun, extremely damaging and awesome. Chill with him, i've heard he is cool
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I do like the Ice Wall buff, provided that it also gets the QoL of being able to be canceled at any time.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GrimDude55's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    In my opinion, Ymir is perfectly viable and fun. Sure, i would love a qol change to his 3. It won't at least bodyblock allies as often

Surely, he could get something for his ult too. Would like a hp or protections buff there.

But as i said, he doesn't need it. He is fun, extremely damaging and awesome. Chill with him, i've heard he is cool
    Indeed, he ain't in dire need of any changes, but it's good to brainstorm "what if" none the less!