Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Player constantly harassed

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Unhappy New Player constantly harassed

Hey, I just have a few questions.

I am in fact a new player of SMITE and I have NOT seen anywhere any rules how to play the game whatsoever.
    I know there are like tactics that a team should have certain roles etc - but - that is not a law or something decided by SMITE as far as I know.
    Still, in nearly any game some players tend to be like "ohhh you are so stupid for choosing XYZ I will report you" and I think that's just not a very friendly community for players who just started the game and - of course - don't know very much about it.

Now my question: Can you really get banned/reported (whatever) if you choose a character that you want and not one that some idiot tells you to play? Or in general, can you get reported for just not being good at the game because you play it for like 2 hours? I really think this community is not very beginner friendly.

Regards

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    except that tutorial DOES tell you about the roles and classes. being a new player doesnt give you a free pass on to go ahead and instalock shit your team doesnt need. its a team game, if youre not willing to cooperate with your team by not picking something thats not needed, then you cant expect people to be friendly to you.

on the other hand, lets say your team needed a frontliner and you picked some warrior or something that you think capable of doing the job, then you might as well ignore them. if this is the case dont worry you cant get banned for what you pick.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Can you really get banned/reported (whatever) if you choose a character that you want and not one that some idiot tells you to play? Or in general, can you get reported for just not being good at the game because you play it for like 2 hours? I really think this community is not very beginner friendly.
    No, you can pick whatever you want and with any build. You can get banned only when you intentionally feeding/AFK and maybe when harassing somebody but Im not sure about that last.

Dont follow META players who always build these what they seen in some "pro" videos, think about your own build and dont listen other unless they can explain why this build is better than yours.

If you build or pick non-meta staff, you will be hated by all META players but you should not care about it, I do it almost every game, because META builds and picks are boring and also not the most effective by me. Ppl hate Loki crit without even testing, you know just because it isnt in META, Im tired explaining everybody why crits deal much more damage than pure pen build.

Conclusion: create your own build, test, improve and have fun cause you cant be banned for playing non-meta gods or using non-meta builds.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    There are also videos on youtube where experienced players explain a lot of things: how to build, how to play this or that role in conquest, and so on. You can learn a lot about Smite players' habits there so as not to be singled out by salty players.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DCLXVI853's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    except that tutorial DOES tell you about the roles and classes. being a new player doesnt give you a free pass on to go ahead and instalock shit your team doesnt need. its a team game, if youre not willing to cooperate with your team by not picking something thats not needed, then you cant expect people to be friendly to you.
    You have to remember, he is a new player. The only gods he would have access to only 10 gods, which 5 of those change every week, and even then you can't be expected to know what every god does right from the start. It takes time to actually learn what a certain god does and how said god works.
    Favorite Gods by Class:
    Assassin- Bakasura X, Camazotz III and Serqet II
    Mage- Hades X, Nu Wa IV, and Zhong Kui III
    Guardian- Kumbhakarna IV, Kuzenbo II and Cabrakan VIII
    Warrior- Osiris V, Lil Mana V and Nike II
    Hunter- Izanami V, Apollo VI and Skadi I

Why did I waste my time to write all of this information? Because I can. Now if you'll excuse my, Hades has some souls that need tending to.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,712
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    If you aren't going to play correct roles/characters than just don't play Conquest.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    If you aren't going to play correct roles/characters than just don't play Conquest.
    You mean I can't play Rama jungle?

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DCLXVI853 View Post
    You have to remember, he is a new player. The only gods he would have access to only 10 gods, which 5 of those change every week, and even then you can't be expected to know what every god does right from the start. It takes time to actually learn what a certain god does and how said god works.
    tutorial does tell you pretty solid information about classes are capable of. and even if you dont know what a god is capable of you can read its class to have a general knowledge about how a god works. and "i dont have a god fitting to our needs" is also bullshit since the first gods youre given has a different class for each and theyre all solid picks except ra, which you can fill from weekly rotation.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LionHawt View Post
    Hey, I just have a few questions.

I am in fact a new player of SMITE and I have NOT seen anywhere any rules how to play the game whatsoever.
    I know there are like tactics that a team should have certain roles etc - but - that is not a law or something decided by SMITE as far as I know.
    Still, in nearly any game some players tend to be like "ohhh you are so stupid for choosing XYZ I will report you" and I think that's just not a very friendly community for players who just started the game and - of course - don't know very much about it.

Now my question: Can you really get banned/reported (whatever) if you choose a character that you want and not one that some idiot tells you to play? Or in general, can you get reported for just not being good at the game because you play it for like 2 hours? I really think this community is not very beginner friendly.

Regards
    Tell your team that you are new and ask for advice. If you do that from the start normally people will treat you okay. Or at least be a little more lenient.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    if you are playing conquest then you need to go as a team different classess have different roles in there also check out the tutorial it will tell you which lane which class should be and about builds build anything you like well not anything i mean if your build is doing the job is supposed to then dont listen to others you can also try out your gods and their Abilities in jungle practice and coop vs ai matches also read carefully what the item you are buying for your god does and for the rest about salty players ignore them