Thread: Kur, The First Dragon

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered

Kur, The First Dragon

Kur

The First Dragon

(Best representation I can find (In case no one knew, none of the concepts I made uses art I made))

Pantheon: Sumerian

Role: Mages (Basic attacks are melee if enemies are close, but ranged if not)

Lore:
    Fierce beasts of scales and fangs that bring terror and awe in mortal hearts. These are the dragons of legend. Some had wings and flew in the air. Others lived in the mountains or seas. They had come in a variety of forms, but all knew that they were all to be feared and respected. Yet, there is a tale of a dragon who is said to predate them all.
    In the depths of the earth lived a underworld dragon deity called Kur who is said to be the first dragon. He lived in the empty space of between the primal sea and the earth's crust.
    After the world was formed, it was he who stole the goddess, Ereshkigal, and took her to the nether world. In response, the water deity, Enki, sailed to the nether world to attack Kur and avenge the kidnapping. Kur hurled stones against the keel of Enki's boat as the primeval waters attacked the ship from all sides. Yet Enki overpowered the dragon and returned victorious.
    He was soon left in the dust of history, perhaps to remain as a legend. Yet, as the battle of the gods raged on, a mighty roar shook the earth. Both mortal and god alike will know the fear in their hearts. The earth will be broken and shatter. For it is Kur, the first dragon, who shall remind them of the terrifying power of the primal dragons.

Abilities

Passive: Draconic Destruction
    Kur becomes more powerful based upon the number of objectives his team destroys.

10 power per stack. (Max 10)
    Obj: Tower, Phoneix, Gold Fury, Fire Giant, Bull King, Juggernaut, Arena Siege

Ability 1: Primeval Waters
    Kur calls forth the waters of the netherworld to swirl around him before sending it out in a massive wave to drown his enemies. In the process, this causes all healing to be reduced for the duration.

Damage: 80/135/190/245/300 (+70% of your magical power)
    Healing Reduction: 10/20/30/40/50%
    Radius (around self): 20
    Range: 50
    Cooldown: 10s
    Cost: 75/80/85/90/95

Ability 2: Primal Dragon Frenzy
    Kur smashes the ground with his tail and sends a rock flying at his opponent. If he hits, he sends another rock for a max of three times (rocks grow bigger for each consecutive hit). If he lands all three rocks on a single target, he will send out a giant fireball that will deal additional damage. (can't be different targets)

Rock Damage: 10/20/30/40/50 (+15% of your magical power)
    Fireball Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+90% of your magical power)
    Rock 1: 20% slow for 3s
    Rock 2 (if target was hit by rock 1): Cripple for 2s
    Rock 3 (if target was hit by rock 2): Stun for 1.5s
    Range: 60
    Cooldown: 16s
    Cost: 90/95/100/105/110

Ability 3: Between Sea and Earth
    Kur dives into the earth and travels underground (leaving a trail of rubble to show you where he is) (He is also capable of going under walls). For the entire duration, he cannot be targeted or cc, but aoe attacks can hit him. After a short duration, Kur roars out of the ground and causes enemies within range to lose power and attack speed.

Power Lost: 10/15/20/25/30 for 2s
    Atk Spd Lost: 5/10/15/20/25% for 2s
    Duration: 4s
    Radius: 25
    Cooldown: 16s
    Cost: 65/70/75/80/85

Ability 4: Originator of Dragons
    Kur gathers energy for a short duration. Afterwards, Kur lets out a roar that can be heard all over the map and soars into the air. Once there, Kur's mouth builds up with flames and, once he has selected a targeted area, sends a powerful blast of flame slamming into the ground. (the area targeted will grow blacker, then red, the closer the blast is to the ground) Afterwards, Kur flies back to the ground. (Around the area where he flew from) (The ultimate cannot be canceled once it has been activated)

Damage:400/500/600/700/800 (+140% of your magical power)
    Duration Before Soaring into the air: 2s
    Radius: 30
    Cooldown: 120s
    Cost: 120

Stats:
    HP: 360 (+70)
    Mana: 280 (+50)
    Speed: 360 (+0)
    Range: 55 (+0)
    Attack Spd: 1 (+1.1%)
    Damage: 35 (+1.5) +20% of power (Attacks with claws in melee and fireballs at range)
    Progression: .5/1/1.5x for melee (no progression for range)
    Physical Prot: 13 (+3)
    Magical Prot: 30 (+0)
    HP5: 7 (+0.45)
    MP5: 4.8 (+0.36)

Idea behind Kit:
    I wanted to do a dragon concept and, after searching for a while, I found Kur. Now, it was difficult to make a concept about him due to mix information and other things named Kur. That being said, I think I did an alright job with the kit.

The passive, while simple in nature, does tie into his lore. He was a dragon that was known for chaos and destruction. As such, I figured that making him more powerful by destroying objectives with his team would be pretty neat. I could have done kills, but I figured that it wouldn't really be as unique as growing powerful based on the objectives you destroy. That being said, there is an obvious downside to this passive. While the passive will reach full stacks in modes like Conquest and Clash, players will be hard pressed to get full stacks in modes like Joust.

The first ability mainly involves his control over the primal waters in the netherworld. When he fought Enki, he used the waters to fight back. As such, I figured having him summoning the water from the netherworld around him would make it seem like he was gathering it from below. After that he sends it out to drown his enemies. This is where the anti-healing comes in where it stats in his lore that, after his death, the waters rose and destroyed all the fields. This caused a famine due to the rivers and fields being destroyed.

The second ability continues from his fight with Enki as it says that Kur used stones of all size to fight him. Using this, I decided to make a sort of ability that uses multiple attacks and rewards you for hitting all of them onto a single target.
    The first stone causes the opponent to be slowed. This is just a light cc that can be used to hit three people instead of 1 if you wish to use it for that.
    The second stone causes the opponent to be crippled. This is here mainly to make it harder for the enemy to escape the last hit. Though most should probably have already used their escape after the first stone struck. This can be used on one enemy and another for a slow if you wished to use it for that.
    The second stone causes the opponent to be stunned. Pretty much, the opponent is hit by a giant stone and is stunned as a result. This sets up for the final, rewarding attack that allows you to launch a fireball at the opponent. The ability to breathe fire is also mentioned in his lore.

The third ability involves the lore where it is said he dwells between the earth and the sea. It's a pretty straight forward ability that allows him to move underground, but I gave it a weakness to aoe to give it some counterplay and I figured that having a powerful aoe move would, probably, penetrate into the earth. As for the power and atk spd lost, I figured that having a dragon roaring out of the ground would cause everyone nearby to be startled.

The final ability is pretty simple, but I did some interesting stuff with some weaknesses added to it. First, he has a point where he's vulnerable to attack. So, if he wants to use it, he'll have to make sure he's relatively in a safe spot. Second, he lets out a roar that everyone in the game can hear. This means that everyone knows you're ulting and that they should be careful. Finally, the targeted area will be marked so it allows for enemies a chance to get out if it's not directly on them (just to make it more balance). (It also can't be canceled so you have to play it out if you use it) However, the payoff is worth the drawbacks of the ultimate.

Voice Lines:

Game start: “They shall all remember the terror I inflicted in their hearts!” *roars*

When buying consumables: "A dragon has no need for this.”
    When buying consumables: "Do you think I am in need of this?”

Low Health: “I will not be slain again!” *roars*
    Low Health: “To be brought down so low…”

When using 1: "Be swept away like the insect you are!”
    When using 1: “Drown in the primal waters!”

When using 2: "Know my wrath!”
    When using 2: *Roaring*
    When using 2 (on fireball attack): “Be consumed by flames!”

When using 3 (Upon rising out of the ground): *Violent roar*

When using 4: "Return to ash!”
    When using 4: "Be burnt to nothing!”

Ward Placement: "Nothing can escape the eyes of a dragon.”

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: “No mere beast can withstand my power!” *Roars*

When buying offensive items: "I do not need such pointless equipment.”
    When buying offensive items: "Are my flames and claws not enough for you?!”

When buying defensive items: “You dare to tell me that I need protection!?”
    When buying defensive items: "This armor is of little use!”

Joke: “I played dungeons and dragons, but it wasn’t any fun. I kept PKing my players!... Was I not supposed to kill them?
    Joke: “All these fools do is Dragon about their problems. What? It’s not like I was responsible for their fields being destroyed when I died.

Taunt: "You think you can defeat a true dragon?”
    Taunt: "You will know true power when we’re through…”
    Taunt: "Your flesh will be charred, your bones will be broken, and your lungs will be full of the tainted water…”

Killing Spree: *Roars loudly*
    Killing Spree: "You will never defeat me!”

Death: “What?! How could you have…”

Respawn: "I will not fall so easily this time!” *roars*

Direct Taunts:

Kukulkan: “You may be a dragon, but you will never be my equal.”

Fafnir: "You’re not even a dragon. Just some foolish dwarf that got a bit too greedy. Pathetic really…”

Ao Kuang: “You would hid your true form? Where is your pride?!”

Terra: “Sorry. I’m just doing some outdoor remodeling…”
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 12-21-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Just want to tell you that "Kur" (кур) means literally "dick" in Bulgarian. It is really interesting if you replace every "kur" with "dick". Anyway it is good concept overall but... Damage:450/550/650/750/850 (+150% of your magical power)... Come on, please. 150% Scaling? I see its 130s CD but this is still damn to much. Making more than 500 damage at lvl 5 is too strong IMO. You may lower the CD a bit and definitely his damage.

New Member Cupidhead RavenOfØdin's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by EnemaGod View Post
    Just want to tell you that "Kur" (кур) means literally "dick" in Bulgarian. It is really interesting if you replace every "kur" with "dick". Anyway it is good concept overall but... Damage:450/550/650/750/850 (+150% of your magical power)... Come on, please. 150% Scaling? I see its 130s CD but this is still damn to much. Making more than 500 damage at lvl 5 is too strong IMO. You may lower the CD a bit and definitely his damage.
    This is going to be one powerful kur : )

Achievements:
    It's his name so... Yea. His name has a different meaning anyway. (In Sumerian Mythology)

As for the ultimate, 150% scaling isn't really that much different compared to other mages, but I'll lower it to 400/500/600/700/800 (+140% of you magical scaling) (which is around Vulcan's power for his ultimate now (just less base power)) I'll also lower the cool down to 120s to compensate. I also pointed out some drawbacks to the ability if you want to see my justification for the damage.

Should I remove the charge up time now that the damage is lower? (the time before Kur flies into the air)
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 12-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Damage is better, CD is better so I think it's a bit more balanced now. I didn't see "CC Immune" in his ult so I assume that he is not?... which makes him really vulnerable while he is casting his ult sooo... This brings me to the question - is his ult like Thoth's ult? Does it get canceled by CC and will it trigger its CD if it is canceled or just step back a bit and try using it again?

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    His name if pronounced "koor" means "ass" in romanian.

Achievements:
    Damage is better, CD is better so I think it's a bit more balanced now. I didn't see "CC Immune" in his ult so I assume that he is not?... which makes him really vulnerable while he is casting his ult sooo... This brings me to the question - is his ult like Thoth's ult? Does it get canceled by CC and will it trigger its CD if it is canceled or just step back a bit and try using it again?
    He flies in the air so it would be like Rama's or NuWa's and it can't be canceled. (I think I stated it in the description)

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Kur, in Sumerian mythology, means land or great land. Kur-gal also means Great Mountain. Kur could also mean underworld or beneath the earth.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Just bumping this one time to see if I can get a bit more feedback.

God Concepts: